13361Re: Continuous Canvassing by Alleged Meat Salesmen

  • imgoph
    Jun 2 5:52 AM
      With all due respect, who is the "we" that doesn't want their products here? Apparently they are selling their product in the neighborhood, or they wouldn't waste their time there. While you personally may not like having them around, if what they're doing is legal, you don't have the right to tell them what to do or to speak for the thousands of people who live in your neighborhood.

      Geoff

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, khenderson029@... wrote:

      > The van says Capital Meats and has brightly colored flames pictured on the exterior. There is a website address and no phone number.
      >
      > If this business is licensed then they should readily produce the license and proper identification upon request. I believe this is a reasonable request of anyone showing up on your doorstep to sell something. Too often dishonest people canvass a community only to come back later and commit burglaries or other fraudulent acts. I believe in erring on the side of caution. We have been burdened by criminals posing as Comcast and Pepco employees in the past, then stealing our property.
      >
      > Finally, this company should develop a better marketing plan to identify their customer base. It appears that some have had a pleasant experience; however, they continue to canvass my neighborhood and we've told them we don't want their products.
      >
      > Kathy Henderson

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic