13189Re: Illegal Dumping business... (and others??)

  • brian.ions
    May 8 9:07 PM
      Thank you Commander Solberg and Captain Manlapaz (with apologies for the demotion).

      Maybe I'll take a pic next time. The operator looked pretty young. There probably is no statute for reckless driving with a lawn mower on a public sidewalk ... but maybe there ought to be.
      :D

      brian/
      504

      P.S. -- I should take my own advice and get know who's who at our local cop shop... (with these links I have posted in the LINKS SECTION of the BrooklandGLBT listserv)...

      *Police/MPD 5th District (5D) Contacts (For Emergencies, Dial 911)
      MPD's 5th District Roster (So. of Taylor St. & Michigan Ave). Get to know our local cop shops.
      http://mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/cwp/view,a,1239,Q,545975,mpdcNav_GID,1538,.asp

      *Police/MPD 4th District (4D) Contacts (For Emergencies, Dial 911)

      MPD's 4th District Roster (No. of Taylor St. & Michigan Ave). Get to know our local cop shops.
      http://mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/cwp/view,a,1239,Q,545520,mpdcNav_GID,1537,.asp

      *Police / MPD Gay & Lesbian Liaison Unit (GLLU) - (For Emergencies, Dial 911)

      Metropolitan Police Dept of DC GLBT Liaison Unit. The Metropolitan Police Department's Gay and Lesbian Liaison Unit (GLLU) is staffed by openly gay, lesbian and transgender members of the department and their associates.
      http://www.gllu.org/

      ... or with MPD-5D's home page listserv info....

      Andrew "Andy" Solberg,Commander
      Fifth District Station
      1805 Bladensburg Rd., NE
      Washington, DC 20002
      202 698-0111 phone
      202 724-8649 fax

      Capt. Wilfredo Manlapaz, PSA 501 & 502
      wilfredo.manlapaz@... 202 698-0118

      Capt. Daniel Aurigemma, PSA 506 & 507
      daniel.aurigemma@... 202 698-0120

      Capt. Jeff Brown, PSA 503 & 504 & 505
      jeff.brown@... 202 698-0018

      Capt. Marvin Lyons, Administrative Office
      marvin.lyons@... 202 698-0288

      PSA 501
      Lt. Roger Roch - rodger.roch@... 202 698-0268

      PSA 502
      Lt. Ronald Wright - ronald.wright@... 202 698-0261

      PSA 503
      Lt. Corinne Hughes - corinne.hughes@... 202 698-0273

      PSA 504
      Lt. Edward Bernat- edward.bernat@... 202 698-0275

      PSA 505
      Lt. Gary Durand - gary.durand@... 202 698-0262

      PSA 506
      Lt. Patricia Janifer - patricia.janifer@... 202 698-0272

      PSA 507
      Lt. Timothy Haselden - timothy.haselden@... 202 698-0277

      Fayette Vaughn-Lee, 5D Community Outreach Coordinator
      fayette.vaughn-lee@... 202 698-0188

      5D Police Website: http://www.mpdc.dc.gov/info/districts/5th/main.shtm
      5D Map: http://www.mpdc.dc.gov/info/districts/pdf/5Dmap

      Guidelines: http://mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/cwp/view,a,1242,q,567080,mpdcNav_GID,1523,mpdcNav,|.asp

      PPS - Whatever your rank, we appreciate all that the hardworking pros at MPD do for us every day!

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Solberg, Andrew (MPD)" <Andrew.Solberg@...> wrote:

      RE: [MPD-5D] Re: Illegal Dumping business... (and others??)

      Brian and all,

      Call 911 to report any such activity, and we'll come and address the situation.

      The Motor Carrier Unit enforces traffic regulations relating primarily to large trucks.

      Andy Solberg

      Commander, 5D

      --

      Re: Illegal Dumping business... (and others??)
      I refer to apparent landscape vendors with long bed trucks (AND long trailers attached) using DC alleys and DC sidewalks to transit their wide-throw riding mowers -- UNBELIEVABLY while the mower is still on and presumably its blade is still spinning.

      As a public safety issue, I can't believe that would be safe and legal operation of commercial equipment anywhere-- but especially in DC's densely populated urban environment.

      brian

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Manlapaz, Wilfredo (MPD)" <wilfredo.manlapaz@...> wrote:

      > The Motor Carrier Unit inspects large commercial trucks/carriers for safety/moving violations. With regards to illegal parking, blocking alleys, walkways, please call 911. With regards to permitting on public space, this is handled by the Dept of Transportation.

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic