13146Re: Unit block of O St NW

  • tvehunt
    Apr 30, 2012
      Regarding the situation with SOME, I had heard from a reliable source that the SOME HOUSE is suppose to be in the process of possibly moving to another location over near by the RFK Stadium where the old DC General Hospital is at? I can only hope that this is true because, I have been saying all along that eventhough, the SOME HOUSE does provide help for people in need which is a good thing by the way but, these people just do not know when to leave the area when they are finish being serve here in the neighborhood by constantly hanging around loitering in front of my home as well as the neighbors home's by being loud waking me up out of my sleep every morning. Also, they litter, drink, smoke, do drugs and urinating all over the neighborhood, if you say to them to move it right along, then they what to get confrontational with you!!

      Is there any truth to this matter that I have mention?

      tvehunt.

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "crknightdc" <crknightdc@...> wrote:

      > Hello
      > It has recently come to my attention that it is the policy of SOME on the unit block of O St NW to not allow their clients loiter in front of their building, ironic I know. What happens is that those large groups (men mostly) then loiter in front of our homes. With the weather getting nicer it becomes a bigger issue. This morning in particular there was a group of 12 men literally blocking my sidewalk. I could open my gate or even walk down the sidewalk.
      >
      > Is there something that MPD could do to help this situation? Maybe one of those drug free zones that don't allow groups of people hanging out? I know there are police officers sometimes stationed in Capitol Hill to give out jaywalking tickets. There is a constant stream of people walking back and forth across the street. Could an officer do that?
      >
      > Any assistance would be great appreciated.
      >
      > Robin

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic