      From: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com [mailto:MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of DCReardon@...
      Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006 9:35 AM
      To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [MPD-5D] Re: Prostitutes and Johns

      We have been having "walk throughs" in this area for the twenty years I have lived here, and nothing changes. in terms of drug use and prostition...this has been a drug area for over sixty years, perhaps even longer.  Remember Hanover of the 1980's?  IMHO, we need to take a new approach.

      In a message dated 5/1/2006 10:22:27 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, Fayette.Vaughn-Lee@... writes:
      A walk through will serve as the catalyst to get our neighbors involved.  Let’s target this problem with what we have, us our ingenuity, our drive to rid our community of this issue.  I’d like to develop a partnership with the community, the police and other agencies to impact this neighborhood crime and disorder problem.  I think if we combined our efforts we would be able to design strategies that address this crime triangle the offender (prostitutes & johns), the victims (us & prostitutes), the Location ( 1st street ).  I think if we knew why 1st street is conducive to prostitutes we may be able to address the issues, create a plan, and take the needed actions that support with the revitalization or our community.  (Today prostitutes & johns, tomorrow drugs sales on our streets… the possibilities are endless)

      Your Community needs you, if you drop out now the rest of us will have to fill the void.
      TR call me, sounds like you have good insight on this issues you are an important component in helping us find solutions to this problem and we could use your help. Fayette Vaughn-lee 202 698-0188