1263RE: [MPD-5D] Re: Prostitutes and Johns

  • TruxtonResident
    May 1, 2006
      Ms. Vaughn-Lee,

      I think you misunderstood my response.The last thing we need in the neighborhood right now is another walk through by some DC officials .... what good does that do?

      Evidently nothing since the Police Chief did a walk through a while back and things have only gotten worse since then.

      The criminal element are not going to stay in place while you walk by them as a group discussing them and the problems in our neighborhood. Walk around if you wish, but do it alone ... like we have to do and observe first hand how it is to live as a resident on this community. You may want to try 1:00 in the afternoon, or 6:30 pm or even 11:00 pm ... that's when we've had our gunfire ... and the drug deals go on all day and night ... and the prostitutes are working in the evenings. Come out and observe it all ... but do it alone (or as a pair) but not in a large bureaucratic mass.

      TR

      "Vaughn-Lee, Fayette (MPD)" <Fayette.Vaughn-Lee@...> wrote:
      Good Morning All,

      I would like to be part of a walk through, Understanding the problem is the step in problem solving that is widely overlooked when communities search for solutions to deterring festering crimes in the community and in the development of a strategic plan to combat these issues.

      I am available next week perhaps Wednesday or Thursday.  I would also like to invite Ms Henderson, Chris Kelly, John Galt, silent_warrior246, cl_cousart, others who would help us, and of course our neighbors on 1st Street .   When a date in finalized I can also request that an Officer walk with us.

      Fayette Vaughn-Lee
      Community Outreach Coordinator 5D
      202 698-0188