      From: Veronica MB <vmattab@...>
      To: MPD-5D <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thu, Feb 2, 2012 5:41 pm
      Subject: Re: [MPD-5D] Robbery 4th and R St NW 2/1/11

      Wendy, I do not think people in DC go on strolls at certain hours because of leisure. They happen to be there for a reason. Give them benefit of the doubt before you give everyone a lesson on safety and precaution. Seriously 9 pm is late???? **

      Criminals usually do not target busy streets, because they are afraid of being caught. Police should be on the streets protecting us. I do not see that happening.

      I am from BEIRUT. You can walk there at 2 am in the morning without fear, believe it or not. I never felt more fear than when I moved to DC.

      I agree that we should avoid alleys and quiet streets, as much as possible. But, sometimes it is not possible and everyone has their reasons. Please give them benefit of the doubt and let us focus on something more important here.

      WE need more protection, we need more police presence....we need more
      people to support safety so we can make our city a better one.

      I am upset that nothing is being done about it just like everyone else.

    • Show all 30 messages in this topic