      From: "Lanier, Cathy (MPD)" <cathy.lanier@...>
      Sender: "MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com" <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 18:47:55 -0500
      To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com<MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: "MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com" <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
      Cc: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com<MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [MPD-5D] Robbery 4th and R St NW 2/1/11

      Thank you Matt. We have all of our resources dedicated to deal with the increase in these types of robberies/attacks. I can tell you we are working this issue on several levels. We appreciate your support

      Cathy L. Lanier
      Chief of Police
      Washington, D.C.
      (202) 727-4218

      On Feb 2, 2012, at 6:41 PM, Matt <studermw@...<mailto:studermw@...>> wrote:

      To be fair to our police officers, I take issue with the statement that nothing is being done. We have a limited police force with limited resources. We can suggest different ways of solving the problem, but don't suggest that our police aren't doing anything. I've personally seen officers on bikes patrolling the alley behind my house recently. We're all frustrated with crime. It's not OK, but it does exist. I give kudos to our officers for participating in this forum and giving us information, and I'd like to see a little more positive reinforcement here, as well as CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

      On Feb 2, 2012, at 4:36 PM, Veronica MB wrote:

      Wendy, I do not think people in DC go on strolls at certain hours because of leisure. They happen to be there for a reason. Give them benefit of the doubt before you give everyone a lesson on safety and precaution. Seriously 9 pm is late???? **

      Criminals usually do not target busy streets, because they are afraid of being caught. Police should be on the streets protecting us. I do not see that happening.

      I am from BEIRUT. You can walk there at 2 am in the morning without fear, believe it or not. I never felt more fear than when I moved to DC.

      I agree that we should avoid alleys and quiet streets, as much as possible. But, sometimes it is not possible and everyone has their reasons. Please give them benefit of the doubt and let us focus on something more important here.

      WE need more protection, we need more police presence....we need more
      people to support safety so we can make our city a better one.

      I am upset that nothing is being done about it just like everyone else.

      On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Wendy <<mailto:wendy_lewis2%40yahoo.com>wendy_lewis2@...<mailto:wendy_lewis2@...>> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > YES serious as a HEART ATTACK! If you know your neighboorhood has had
      > heightened criminal activity in the not-so-distant past...why not take
      > extra precautions to keep yourself safe?
      >
      > Am I asking anyone to live as if they are in wartime Beirut...no ... but
      > come on, do what you have to do to be safe!
      >
      > Veronica, if you feel safe have a great walk!

      Let Your Voice Be Heard – Help the District become a more livable, vibrant, and inclusive city – for everyone.
      Open to all DC residents
      Sign up at www.onecitysummit.dc.gov<http://www.onecitysummit.dc.gov>
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic