12510Weekly Safety Walk Re: [MPD-5D] Robbery 4th and R St NW 2/1/11

  • Robert Rutledge
    Feb 2, 2012

      If anyone is interested, the Bates and Hanover Area communities do a weekly safety walk, every Thursday, starting at 8:00 PM at the intersection of 1st and O NW. We patrol the alleys and streets all over our neighborhood, paying particular note to hotspots, and places about which walkers have concern, often with MPD and/or Guardian Angel escorts. It's really empowering, and a great way to meet your neighbors, and show those elements that might cause problems that we care, and we're watching. Really would love to see some new faces tonight!

      Again, that's 1st and O St NW, 8:00 PM.

      Rob

      On Feb 2, 2012 4:22 PM, "Katie Fullenkamp" <katie.fullenkamp@...> wrote:

      My parking space access is through an alley. Does that mean I'm not allowed to drive after dark?

      On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 11:42 AM, Matt <studermw@...> wrote:

      Before we all start piling complaints on Wendy, she does have a point... if maybe poorly made. NO ONE should be walking in dark alleys at night. We all should be sticking to well-lighted and hight traffic routes. It doesn't eliminate your chances of being assaulted, but it does reduce them. In addition, no one should be talking on cell phones or texting while walking at night either. You should always be aware of your surroundings while in an area that is known to have these types of crimes.

    • Show all 30 messages in this topic