      From: Mr. Keith Jarrell [mailto:keith.k.jarrell@...]
      Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2011 9:06 PM
      To: Lanier, Cathy (MPD); Groomes, Diane (MPD); Newsham, Peter (MPD); Durham, Alfred (MPD); Burke, Patrick (MPD); Ennis, Ralph (MPD); Chisley-Missouri, Kimberly (MPD); Solberg, Andrew (MPD); mpd-4d; mpd-5d
      Cc: Gray, Vincent (EOM); Mayor Vincent C. Gray
      Subject: reflections

      Et al,

      Before 2011 becomes history and the element of celebration takes the night.

      I want each of you to know just how proud I am of the outstanding accomplishments of this year by the MPD.

      Homicides at a new low in many years,  and the amount of homicide cases brought to closure is absolutely gratifying.

      Many will declare it is the national trend. They too are entitled to their opinion.

      I stand with those in this city that know the real meaning behind these terrific accomplishments.  That being the leadership, the standards, and the integrity that each of you bring to the department.  Remembering as well the tried and true devotion of each of our Officers, and Detectives, day in and day out, out there on our streets.  Putting their own safety on the line to protect and defend the citizens of this city.  These combined efforts bring us closer and closer to truly being the golden city on the hill.

      There is little that one can really say as we begin to close out this year,  and gingerly look forward to a fresh start with a new calendar year that quickly approaches.

      Little more than a heartfelt thank you!  For a job well done!  I choke with pride in being able to simply say that I know each of you and have the ultimate admiration for each of you personally.

      May we grow in harmony and friendship as we look forward. May God always hold you safely in his loving hands. And may you rest in knowing how proud so many are of the intensely professional approach you strive every day to achieve and to uphold.

      Best to each of you and yours in 2012,

      Keith Jarrell

      --

      Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.

      Please be informed that if you are in receipt of this email by intent, it is provided solely for the use of communicating with you as the intended target.  Use or duplication of this email including forwarding of attached email or any part of which is forbidden. To do so could result in a complaint being filed against you in multiple jurisdictions, including the District of Columbia , and or the state in which you also live.  Keith Jarrell

      Keith Jarrell

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic