11411To the Best City in the World!

  • Lanier, Cathy (MPD)
    Aug 1, 2011

      Good evening,

      I would like to take a moment to thank fellow members of the community for your ongoing partnerships with the Metropolitan Police Department.  Thanks to you, communication between the Metropolitan Police Department and the community, in my opinion, is better than ever.  As police officers, we gain feedback from you through phone calls, emails, text messages, tip lines, listserv groups, facebook, community meetings and day-to-day interactions.

      I invite you to come out and celebrate our partnerships during tomorrow night’s National Night Out events (Tuesday, August 2nd). We have designed the evening to interact with the people we serve, while beating the heat with cool refreshments.

      Please check our website for an updated list of events to include:

      Ø        Onsite Bike Registration- National Bike Registry & Drawings for a free bike lock. (First District)

      Ø        Court Watch Seminar & Information on Community Impact Statements (Fifth District)

      Ø        FBI Fingerprinting for Children (Second District)

      Ø        Distribution of Neighborhood Watch Beginners’ Guides (Fourth District)

      Ø        Washington Area Bicyclists Association Presentation (Third District)

      Ø        Safety Assessment/Bike Ride with Officers on Metropolitan Branch Trail (Fifth District)

      Ø        Community Baseball Game (Seventh District)

      …and much more.

      We will kick things off at the New Deanwood Recreation Center in the Sixth District with the Mayor, Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes-Norton, the U.S. Attorney and many others.  For more information or the full list of activities, visit our website: http://www.mpdc.dc.gov/nno

      I look forward to seeing you out.

      Cathy L. Lanier

      Chief of Police

      Metropolitan Police Department

      Washington, DC

      www.mpdc.dc.gov

      “One City Summer Fun … Something for Everyone”
      Mayor Gray’s comprehensive summer program with fun activities, events and services for residents of all ages
      For more information visit
      www.onecitysummer.dc.gov  or call 311

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic