      From: "Thomas, Harry (COUNCIL)" <hthomas@...>
      Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 14:57:02 -0400
      To: Khenderson029@...<Khenderson029@...>
      ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com<mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com>; bloomingdale@yahoogroups.com<bloomingdale@yahoogroups.com>; Eckington@yahoogroups.com<Eckington@yahoogroups.com>; ward5@yahoogroups.com<ward5@yahoogroups.com>; edgewooddc@yahoogroups.com<edgewooddc@yahoogroups.com>; trinidaddc@yahoogroups.com<trinidaddc@yahoogroups.com>; 5DCAC@yahoogroups.com<5DCAC@yahoogroups.com>; Lanier, Cathy (MPD)<cathy.lanier@...>; Groomes, Diane (MPD)<diane.groomes@...>; Solberg, Andrew (MPD)<andrew.solberg@...>; crm_112@...<crm_112@...>; Wells,Thomas (COUNCIL)<TWells@...>; Atchison, Myisha (COUNCIL)<MAtchison@...>; Chase, Ayawna (COUNCIL)<AChase@...>
      Subject: [MPD-5D] Re: Public Safety on and Near Metro Rail and Bus

      The community meeting being held to address the concerns of the Brookland subway station will be held in the PSA and coordinated with Lieutenant  and we will send the meeting information
      Sent from my Harry2010 iPad
      Building Stronger Communities Together

      On May 4, 2011, at 2:07 PM, "Khenderson029@..." <Khenderson029@...> wrote:

      PUBLIC SAFETY COMMUNITY MEETING

      <clip_image002.gif>

      DATE: MAY 7, 2011, TIME 11:00 AM. – 1:00 PM.; LOCATION: GALLAUDET UNIVERSITY ( 800 Florida Ave., NE ), FOSTER AUDITORIUM

      AGENDA:

      Last Wednesday a Brookland Neighbor Was Robbed at Gunpoint Near the Brookland Metro. This is not the first such incident and is unlikely to be the last. Unfortunately, Crime is Occurring with Greater Frequency on and around Metro Rail and on Metro Buses throughout the District of Columbia . Do You Feel Safe?

      What are Metro Police and MPD Doing to Address the Crime Increase? What Can Citizens do About Crime on and Near Metro Rail and Buses?

      INVITED GUESTS:

      Metro Police Chief Michael Taborn

      Police Chief Cathy Lanier

      WMATA Board Member and DC Councilmember Tommy Wells

      DC Councilmemember Harry Thomas Jr.

      Sponsored By: Commissioner India A. Henderson, 5B10 and

      Kathy Henderson (202) 556-5823

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic