Guardian Angels Neighborhood Watch

  • midatlantic .
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 9, 2008
      The Guardian Angels are still in need of residents to come out and walk the surrounding area of the the 600 block of Longfellow and Kennedy street, NW.  We will have the police walk with us.  the walks can be in the evening or on Saturday  from 12 to 1:30.  I understand some resident do not want to walk because they do not feel comfortable.  But there is safety in numbers.   We cannot let the thugs control our community.  Please send me an email if you are ready to show the community you have had enough and you are not going to sit back and let them control.

      It is important that we stake our claim to increased public safety when there are no shootings or other glaring criminal mishaps in our midst.

      Criminals do not want to set up shop and operate where citizens are active and vigilant. Community walks are an excellent way to connect with neighbors and get some exercise while protecting our neighborhoods. "When Citizens Have a Stronghold Criminals Cannot Get a Foothold."

      Sincerely,

      Kathy Henderson

      --
      John Ayala
      Director Of Operations

      Citizen and Police Officers
      working together to make
      a difference.

      To start a weekly patrol in your community with the Guardian Angels or if you would like to become a member of the Guardian Angels and you are 16 years old or older and can volunteer 4 hours a week.  Please send us an email or call 202-359-0601
    • Tiffani N. Greenidge
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 9, 2008

        My husband and I would be willing to walk, as we have done before, to take back our street.  Please let us know how we can be of help.

      • blackmarilynmonrow
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 9, 2008
          This is a great idea. I'm going to try and make it but I have Piano
          lessons. Can you tell me where it starts and ends?

          http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7821134&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.1.1

          > --
          > John Ayala
          > Director Of Operations
          > Washington DC
          > Guardian Angels
          > 202-359-0601
          > www.guardianangels.org
          >
          > Citizen and Police Officers
          > working together to make
          > a difference.
          >
          > To start a weekly patrol in your community with the Guardian Angels
          or if
          > you would like to become a member of the Guardian Angels and you are 16
          > years old or older and can volunteer 4 hours a week. Please send us an
          > email or call 202-359-0601

        • Guardian Angels

            From: "Tiffani N. Greenidge" <nisa655@...>
            Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 17:19:38 -0500
            To: <MPD-4D@yahoogroups.com>
            Subject: RE: [MPD-4D] Guardian Angels Neighborhood Watch

            My husband and I would be willing to walk, as we have done before, to take back our street.  Please let us know how we can be of help.

          • Keith Jarrell
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 9, 2008

              I would be willing to walk as I have done previously as well.  I think walking in these crime ridden neighborhoods serves two purposes. 1) To  allow the criminals to know that they are not totally in control,2) to also allow residents that live in these neighborhood that people care about their safety and the integrity of the streets where they live.

              We must be vigilant in our stand to work for a better neighborhood.

              Please keep me advised as to dates and times.

              Keith Jarrell