Robbery arrests

  • Chisley-Missouri, Kimberly (MPD)
    Message 1 of 26 , May 10, 2010
      Good Morning. Since yesterday, there have been several reported robberies wherein the suspects are described as young teenaged males (aged 13 -15) some of which were on bikes. Reports indicated anywhere from 2 to 5 suspects. Earlier this evening, 2 juvenile male suspects in the above referenced age category have been arrested and charged with robberies which occurred in the areas of 3rd and Tuckerman Sts NW and 6500 blk of 5th Street, NW. Detectives are working this case and if any additional arrests are made, the community will be notified.

      Are you making DC Count? You still have time to make a difference for your community.
      Be sure to fill out and mail back your 2010 Census Form.
      www.census.dc.gov or for additional assistance call 1-866-872-6868.
    • Keith Jarrell

        Message 3 of 26 , May 11, 2010
          Thank you MPD! Any chance you can tell us which blocks the suspects live on? They will likely be released soon so it would be nice to know.

          Thank you again,

          Lars

          Message 4 of 26 , May 11, 2010

            Lars-

            The arrested individuals are juvenile’s therefore personal information cannot be released. I will however advise their status following presentment at court.

            Thanks.

            Kimberly Chisley-Missouri

            Commander

            Metropolitan Police Department

            Fourth District

            6001 Georgia Avenue, NW

            Washington, DC 20011

            202-715-7500-office

            202-715-7489-fax

            Kimberly.Missouri@...

            (MPD)" <kimberly.missouri@ dc.gov> 5/11/2010 12:46 AM >>>

            Message 5 of 26 , May 12, 2010
              I received information this morning on the status of the 2 juveniles arrested for robbery.
              One of the juveniles was held, the other was released. Even though the 2nd juvenile was released pending trial, the case continues to move forward and Detectives continue to investigate.

              Are you making DC Count? You still have time to make a difference for your community.

              Be sure to fill out and mail back your 2010 Census Form.

               www.census.dc.gov or for additional assistance call 1-866-872-6868.

              Thank you MPD! Any chance you can tell us which blocks the suspects live on? They will likely be released soon so it would be nice to know.

              Thank you again,

              Lars

              >>> " Chisley-Missouri, Kimberly
              (MPD)" <kimberly.missouri@ dc.gov> 5/11/2010 12:46 AM >>>
              Good Morning. Since yesterday, there have been several reported robberies wherein the suspects are described as young teenaged males (aged 13 -15) some of which were on bikes. Reports indicated anywhere from 2 to 5 suspects. Earlier this evening, 2 juvenile male suspects in the above referenced age category have been arrested and charged with robberies which occurred in the areas of 3rd and Tuckerman Sts NW and 6500 blk of 5th Street, NW. Detectives are working this case and if any additional arrests are made, the community will be notified.

              Are you making DC Count? You still have time to make a difference for your community.
              Be sure to fill out and mail back your 2010 Census Form.
              www.census.dc. gov or for additional assistance call 1-866-872-6868.

            • Ryan
              Message 6 of 26 , May 12, 2010
                Keith, you really think as a society we shouldn't attempt to rehabilitate a 13 year old? I'd hate to live in your world.

              • wrobinson66@vzw.blackberry.net
                Message 7 of 26 , May 12, 2010
                  Yeah it seems counter productive. The parents should be held more responsible. I am not saying the child should not be punished but the guardian or parent should be held more responsible.

                  Bill

                  From: "Ryan" <ryandare@...>
                  Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 14:43:02 -0000
                  To: <MPD-4D@yahoogroups.com>
                  Subject: [MPD-4D] Re: Robbery arrests

                  Keith, you really think as a society we shouldn't attempt to rehabilitate a 13 year old? I'd hate to live in your world.

                  --- In MPD-4D@yahoogroups. com, Keith Jarrell <keith.k.jarrell@ ...> wrote:

                  > Excellent put them in jail and throw away the keys.....
                  >
                  > On May 11, 2010 1:05 AM, "Chisley-Missouri, Kimberly (MPD)" <
                  > kimberly.missouri@ ...> wrote:
                  >

                  > Good Morning. Since yesterday, there have been several reported robberies
                  > wherein the suspects are described as young teenaged males (aged 13 -15)
                  > some of which were on bikes. Reports indicated anywhere from 2 to 5
                  > suspects. Earlier this evening, 2 juvenile male suspects in the above
                  > referenced age category have been arrested and charged with robberies which
                  > occurred in the areas of 3rd and Tuckerman Sts NW and 6500 blk of 5th
                  > Street, NW. Detectives are working this case and if any additional arrests
                  > are made, the community will be notified.
                  >

                  > Are you making DC Count? You still have time to make a difference for your
                  > community.
                  > Be sure to fill out and mail back your 2010 Census Form.
                  > www.census.dc. gov or for additional assistance call 1-866-872-6868.

                • melissa williams
                  Message 8 of 26 , May 12, 2010
                    But have you noticed that quite a few of these kids have really long records and the majority of the time they're released to their parents after being arrested?..So,obviously the parents aren't making that much of an impact on their not committing these crimes.

                    From: "Ryan" <ryandare@gmail. com>
                    Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 14:43:02 -0000
                    To: <MPD-4D@yahoogroups. com>

                  • terrygoings0019@yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 26 , May 12, 2010
                      B I N G O we have a large parent issue in DC

                      From: melissa williams <missydog1120@...>
                      Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 08:19:24 -0700 (PDT)
                      To: <MPD-4D@yahoogroups.com>

                      From: "Ryan" <ryandare@gmail. com>
                      Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 14:43:02 -0000
                      To: <MPD-4D@yahoogroups. com>

                      Keith, you really think as a society we shouldn't attempt to rehabilitate a 13 year old? I'd hate to live in your world.

                      --- In MPD-4D@yahoogroups. com, Keith Jarrell <keith.k.jarrell@ ...> wrote:

                      > Excellent put them in jail and throw away the keys.....
                      >
                      > On May 11, 2010 1:05 AM, "Chisley-Missouri, Kimberly (MPD)" <
                      > kimberly.missouri@ ...> wrote:
                      >

                      > Good Morning. Since yesterday, there have been several reported robberies
                      > wherein the suspects are described as young teenaged males (aged 13 -15)
                      > some of which were on bikes. Reports indicated anywhere from 2 to 5
                      > suspects. Earlier this evening, 2 juvenile male suspects in the above
                      > referenced age category have been arrested and charged with robberies which
                      > occurred in the areas of 3rd and Tuckerman Sts NW and 6500 blk of 5th
                      > Street, NW. Detectives are working this case and if any additional arrests
                      > are made, the community will be notified.
                      >

                      > Are you making DC Count? You still have time to make a difference for your
                      > community.
                      > Be sure to fill out and mail back your 2010 Census Form.
                      > www.census.dc. gov or for additional assistance call 1-866-872-6868.

                    • Nancy Smith
                      Message 10 of 26 , May 12, 2010
                        But what are we doing to intervene EARLY in these families and address the underlying issues that are interfering with good parenting?  Just holding people accountable when they sometimes don't have a clue about how to make real change doesn't get us anywhere. We need in depth family assessment and support so that kids don't go down the tubes.  As a society we tend to come in when things are totally out of hand, then wag our fingers, punish, and expect everyone to turn around. Just isn't that simple.  And with all the current sutbacks and resistance to taxing even the well-to-do, we are not likely to see better services. Very depressing!

                        Nancy
                        ________________________________
                        melissa williams missydog1120@... said ;

                        But have you noticed that quite a few of these kids have really long records and the majority of the time they're released to their parents after being arrested?..So, obviously the parents aren't making that much of an impact on their not committing these crimes.
                        -----------------
                      • melissa williams
                        Message 11 of 26 , May 12, 2010
                          And how many times do we see parents say when their kids are arrested "My kid's a good kid. He/she couldn't have done this"..Case in point..Did anyone see the parents of the guys arrested for the Shaw principal's murder? One parent said they were Christians so his son couldn't have done that..Another just said that his kid didn't kill anyone..Parents, open your eyes!!!..If your child has multiple arrests and a record as long as a grocery list, your child's no angel..Stop being in denial..

                          ________________________________

                          From: melissa williams <missydog1120@ yahoo.com>
                          Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 08:19:24 -0700 (PDT)
                          To: <MPD-4D@yahoogroups. com>

                          From: "Ryan" <ryandare@gmail. com>
                          Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 14:43:02 -0000
                          To: <MPD-4D@yahoogroups. com>

                          Keith, you really think as a society we shouldn't attempt to rehabilitate a 13 year old? I'd hate to live in your world.

                          --- In MPD-4D@yahoogroups. com, Keith Jarrell <keith.k.jarrell@ ...> wrote:

                          > Excellent put them in jail and throw away the keys.....
                          >
                          > On May 11, 2010 1:05 AM, "Chisley-Missouri, Kimberly (MPD)" <
                          > kimberly.missouri@ ...> wrote:
                          >

                          > Good Morning. Since yesterday, there have been several reported robberies
                          > wherein the suspects are described as young teenaged males (aged 13 -15)
                          > some of which were on bikes. Reports indicated anywhere from 2 to 5
                          > suspects. Earlier this evening, 2 juvenile male suspects in the above
                          > referenced age category have been arrested and charged with robberies which
                          > occurred in the areas of 3rd and Tuckerman Sts NW and 6500 blk of 5th
                          > Street, NW. Detectives are working this case and if any additional arrests
                          > are made, the community will be notified.
                          >

                          > Are you making DC Count? You still have time to make a difference for your
                          > community.
                          > Be sure to fill out and mail back your 2010 Census Form.
                          > www.census.dc. gov or for additional assistance call 1-866-872-6868.

                        • Audrey Epperson
                          Message 12 of 26 , May 12, 2010

                            Keith, if this were your child, would you want them to be put in jail and them have the jailer throw away the key? Or would you be one of the entitled parents who would want every consideration given to your child as many times as necessary? I agree with Ryan. I too would hate to live in Keith’s world.

                          • rainelson2002@yahoo.com
                            Message 13 of 26 , May 12, 2010
                              Amen!

                              Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                              From: Nancy Smith <nss_dc@...>
                              Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 08:59:38 -0700 (PDT)
                              To: <MPD-4D@yahoogroups.com>

                              ____________ _________ _________ __
                              melissa williams missydog1120@ yahoo.com said ;

                              But have you noticed that quite a few of these kids have really long records and the majority of the time they're released to their parents after being arrested?..So, obviously the parents aren't making that much of an impact on their not committing these crimes.
                              ------------ -----

                            • Bill Eubanks
                              Message 14 of 26 , May 12, 2010
                                I think the issue is that many of us have absolutely no confidence that any serious attempt at rehabilitation will be made.  If we aren't serious about either rehabilitation or removing them from society they'll just laugh and rob again.

                                From: "Ryan" <ryandare@gmail. com>
                                Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 14:43:02 -0000
                                To: <MPD-4D@yahoogroups. com>

                                Message 15 of 26 , May 12, 2010
                                  Good work  Commander,  It's just sad to think that you can go out and rob someone and not be held pending trail.
                                  Please keep us informed of the outcome in the case.
                                  Thanks to 4D for the climb to top in fighting these insults to solid citizenry.

                                  Keith

                                  On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 10:36 AM, Chisley-Missouri, Kimberly (MPD) <kimberly.missouri@...> wrote:

                                  I received information this morning on the status of the 2 juveniles arrested for robbery.
                                  One of the juveniles was held, the other was released. Even though the 2nd juvenile was released pending trial, the case continues to move forward and Detectives continue to investigate.

                                  Are you making DC Count? You still have time to make a difference for your community.

                                  Be sure to fill out and mail back your 2010 Census Form.

                                   www.census.dc.gov or for additional assistance call 1-866-872-6868.

                                  Thank you MPD! Any chance you can tell us which blocks the suspects live on? They will likely be released soon so it would be nice to know.

                                  Thank you again,

                                  Lars

                                  >>> "Chisley-Missouri, Kimberly (MPD)" <kimberly.missouri@...> 5/11/2010 12:46 AM >>>
                                  Good Morning. Since yesterday, there have been several reported robberies wherein the suspects are described as young teenaged males (aged 13 -15) some of which were on bikes. Reports indicated anywhere from 2 to 5 suspects. Earlier this evening, 2 juvenile male suspects in the above referenced age category have been arrested and charged with robberies which occurred in the areas of 3rd and Tuckerman Sts NW and 6500 blk of 5th Street, NW. Detectives are working this case and if any additional arrests are made, the community will be notified.

                                  Are you making DC Count? You still have time to make a difference for your community.
                                  Be sure to fill out and mail back your 2010 Census Form.
                                  www.census.dc.gov or for additional assistance call 1-866-872-6868.

                                  Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
                                  P. J. O'Rourke

                                  Keith Jarrell
                                  Cell (202) 288-1867
                                  Fax (202) 315-2559
                                • jfarleynyobe@yahoo.com
                                  Message 16 of 26 , May 12, 2010
                                    I second the Amen! A friend of mine who resides in 6D is trying to put a mentoring group together to reach at risk kids aged 10 - 15. That seems to be the critical age or fork in the road where the child can turn good or bad in terms of productivity. I am helping to put the proposal together. Any tips are welcomed. Our children are a dying breed and we need to arrest the situation.

                                    From: rainelson2002@...
                                    Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 16:15:07 +0000
                                    To: <MPD-4D@yahoogroups.com>

                                    Message 17 of 26 , May 12, 2010
                                      These are all such great thoughts on how to fix the problem instead of locking it away behind bars. Of course in order for any program to be successful it needs the support of local government and courts. DC definitely needs more focus on helping troubled teens before it's too late. Hopefully, we as community members can find ways to work with the juvenile courts and city council to support programs that make a real difference in turning around the lives of our children in need.

                                      Message 18 of 26 , May 12, 2010
                                        Now that is something I would be very interested in participating. I have mentored in the past and know it works. Please Let me know what I can do to help.

                                        Bill

                                        From: jfarleynyobe@...
                                        Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 19:09:33 +0000
                                        To: <MPD-4D@yahoogroups.com>

                                        From: rainelson2002@ yahoo.com
                                        Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 16:15:07 +0000
                                        To: <MPD-4D@yahoogroups. com>

                                        Message 19 of 26 , May 12, 2010
                                          I've been mentoring as well for over 8 years in Wards 1 and 4. Please count me in to be a part of the mentoring idea. I have a burden for young people in the inner city. One of the things that breaks my heart is some don't know who they are. They have no concept of who they are and whom they can become.

                                          "The purposes of a man's heart are like deep water, but a man who understands will pull them out"

                                          Proverbs 20:5

                                          Do we understand?

                                          Ray

                                          Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                                          From: wrobinson66@...
                                          Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 20:01:09 +0000
                                          To: <MPD-4D@yahoogroups.com>

                                          From: jfarleynyobe@ yahoo.com
                                          Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 19:09:33 +0000
                                          To: <MPD-4D@yahoogroups. com>

                                          From: rainelson2002@ yahoo.com
                                          Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 16:15:07 +0000
                                          To: <MPD-4D@yahoogroups. com>

                                          Message 20 of 26 , May 12, 2010
                                            Hello,

                                            I'm seeking a gymnasium one Saturday of each month from 9 PM - 12 midnight to operate a faith based mentoring program. The program is entitled "The Driven Experience" a mentoring program designed to reach at-risk and high-risk young men ages 12-18. Please contact me directly at rainelson2002@... for any information. Thanks for feedback.

                                            Blessings,

                                            Ray Nelson

                                            Message 21 of 26 , Sep 24, 2013
                                              Just after 1:30 pm today, units were called to Eastern Ave and Quackenbos St NE for an assault. Responding officers quickly determined a complainant had been assaulted and robbed of property in the 6100 blk of Eastern Ave NE. The suspects fled to a residence in the area.

                                              During the on scene investigation, the suspects were located and positively identified as the subjects that committed the robbery. Both suspects, adult males, were placed under arrest for robbery and one of the suspects was found to have an outstanding warrant for an unrelated matter.

                                              Thanks to all involved!

                                              New, expanded library hours start Oct. 1. More hours for story time. More hours for community meetings. More hours to use free computers. Check out the library's new hours at dclibrary.org/newhours <http://www.dclibrary.org/newhours>.
                                            • diane miller
                                              Message 22 of 26 , Sep 24, 2013
                                                Great job!

                                                To: mpd-4d@yahoogroups.com

                                                Message 23 of 26 , Sep 25, 2013
                                                  Great effort on everyone's part.

                                                  --

                                                  Even life begins because, a baby fights for freedom.

                                                  (Let Freedom Ring)

                                                  Please be informed that if you are in receipt of this email by intent, it is provided solely for the use of communicating with you as the intended target.  Use or duplication of this email including forwarding of attached email or any part of which is forbidden. To do so could result in a complaint being filed against you in multiple jurisdictions, including the District of Columbia, and or the state in which you also live.  Keith Jarrell

                                                  Keith Jarrell

                                                • geegee9fgc
                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Sep 25, 2013
                                                    There was police activity (with their dogs) on the Georgia Avenue Walmart property around 1 AM this morning. Could we please get some details about that?

                                                    GeeGee
                                                    on 9th Street

                                                    In a message dated 9/24/2013 8:47:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, kimberly.missouri@... writes:
                                                    Just after 1:30 pm today, units were called to Eastern Ave and Quackenbos St NE for an assault. Responding officers quickly determined a complainant had been assaulted and robbed of property in the 6100 blk of Eastern Ave NE. The suspects fled to a residence in the area.

                                                    During the on scene investigation, the suspects were located and positively identified as the subjects that committed the robbery. Both suspects, adult males, were placed under arrest for robbery and one of the suspects was found to have an outstanding warrant for an unrelated matter.

                                                    Thanks to all involved!

                                                    New, expanded library hours start Oct. 1.  More hours for story time.  More hours for community meetings.  More hours to use free computers.  Check out the library's new hours at dclibrary.org/newhours <http://www.dclibrary.org/newhours>.

                                                    <*> Your email settings:
                                                        Individual Email | Traditional

                                                    <*> To change settings online go to:
                                                        (Yahoo! ID required)

                                                    <*> To change settings via email:
                                                        MPD-4D-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                                        MPD-4D-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                                  • Hill, Francis (MPD)
                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Sep 25, 2013
                                                      Good Afternoon

                                                      In that incident a person was seen climbing over the fence into the construction site. He was found to be in possession of a saw which did not belong to him. He was arrested for Receiving Stolen Property.

                                                      Message 26 of 26 , Sep 25, 2013
                                                        Thank you.