21727DC Education Festival

  • Holman, Keith (EOM)
    Jan 3, 2014

      Dear Ward4 Neighbors!

      FYI~

      DC Education Festival

      We are thrilled to announce that this year DC Public Schools will participate in the DC Education Festival on Saturday, January 11th from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at the Washington Convention Center (801 Mt. Vernon Place, NW- 3rd Floor Ballrooms).  This is the first year that DCPS and the DC Public Charter School Board are coming together to showcase the public school options available to DC families across the city.

      At the festival District families, students and community will have a chance to “meet and greet” with DCPS, DC Public Charter, and private school professionals, enjoy youth arts and cultural performances and science demonstrations, sample cutting-edge technology, browse the community market, participate in workshops, plus fun activities for the kids. Admission is free.

      This Festival will replace the DCPS Middle School and High School Fairs traditionally held each year that showcased our respective middle and high school options to families. Therefore, we want to encourage as many families as possible to attend the January 11 event.

      Will you be able to get the word out about this event to your networks and staff?  We would love this information to be posted on community listserves and spread among our civic groups and other community organizations.  I have attached an English and Spanish flier here – and I appreciate your help in advance.  Let me know if you have any questions.

      Thanks!

      To learn more and register go to www.dcedufest.org | FB: DC Education Festival | Twitter: @dcedufest | #dcedufest14

      Best Regards,

      Keith M. Holman

      Executive Office of the Mayor

      Office of Neighborhood Engagement

      Ward4 Liaison

      (202) 340-7853

      keith.holman@...

      Grade.DC.gov has expanded!
      Now you can grade the DC Public Library, Police, Fire and EMS, the Office of Unified Communications (311/911) and the Office on Aging.
      Check out www.grade.dc.gov today.

      Follow Mayor Gray on Facebook and Twitter!

      Follow Mayor Gray on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/MayorVinceGray and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/DCGov