21725Assistance Requested

  • Lanier, Cathy (MPD)
    Jan 2
      Neighbors, the National Weather Service is calling for some of the coldest temperatures that we have seen in Washington D.C. for quite some time. With that being said, I am going to ask for your help in looking after some of our less fortunate residents. Please be on the look out for the elderly, others that may not have heat, those that do not have a roof over their heads, and our pets. If you know a neighbor without heat or if you run across a homeless person and they need assistance please call our hypothermia hotline at (202) 399-7093 or 1 (800) 535-7252 to get them the needed aid. Also, please don't forget to bring all of your pets indoors. As a team we can remain vigilant and ensure that the less fortunate can endure the coming cold weather. Thank you for your assistance.

      Cathy L. Lanier
      Chief of Police