3-D VICE - Package Theft Arrest

  • Boteler, James (MPD)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2014
      3-D VICE - Package Theft Arrest

      On today's date, members of VICE were conducting covert operations in the area of 11th & Florida Avenue, NW when they observed an adult male suspect take a package from a residence porch in a suspicious manner. The suspect was stopped and denied knowledge. The victim was contacted and confirmed the package belonged to them. The suspect was arrested and charged with "Theft II - Package" and "Receiving Stolen Property."

      Friendly Reminder: Please ask your mail carrier or private shipping company to ensure delivery is signed for and accepted, which greatly reduces the chance of you becoming an inadvertent victim of package theft. If I know that I'm not going to be home, I sometimes allow my neighbor to accept for me as well. Good reason to make friends with your neighbors. Just a thought.

      "If you See Something, Say Something !"

      Have a safe weekend.

      "Train Like Your Life Depends On It!"

      Sergeant James M. Boteler, Jr.
      Metropolitan Police Dept. Wash, DC
      3rd District VICE UNIT
      Cell # (240) 286-2211
      Cell # (202) 553-7908

      DC Public Schools’ Beautification Day is on Saturday, August 23! Roll up your sleeves and help beautify our schools. Sign up to volunteer.