Open and frequent drug use 1300 blk 5th St. NW

  • rockc06
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 22, 2014
      The increase in drug use out in the open on the 1300 block of 5th St. NW has risen to absurd levels this spring. I walk my dogs every day down that block, just one block from my own house, and I see smoking or dealing occurring multiple times a week. On Saturday, twice. I call 911 each time and have been reaching out to Cm. Nigro to ask for support. It seems that the rare dedicated patrol we get is limited to the corner of 5th and N, across from the market that sells drugs (and what are we doing about that exactly?), and sometimes it's just an empty squad car, as was the case today. If the officer that arrives isn't undercover, there is always someone further south on 5th that can call out a warning to those further north.

      I don't stick around to see response usually and I never leave my information for my personal safety, but it seems that whatever response is occurring after calls doesn't seem to be making a dent the confidence of those that are doing this ON the sidewalk or feet from it. Please help.

      Thank you.

    • Pearce, Deborah (MPD)
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 22, 2014
        Thank you for your email. I am the Vice Lieutenant at the Third District and I will be contacting you via email for additional information.

        Thank you
        Lieutenant Pearce

[...]

        April is National Financial Capability Month!

        Evaluate your financial well-being with a free personal financial health assessment provided by the D.C. Dept. of Insurance, Securities and Banking.

        DISB.DC.gov