5.19.14 New Automated Speed and Truck Restricted Route Enforcement Locations Deployed Citywide

  • Press, MPD (MPD)
    Message 1 of 7 , May 19, 2014
      Contact: Gwendolyn Crump (202) 727-4383

      May 19, 2014

      New Automated Speed and Truck Restricted Route Enforcement Locations Deployed Citywide

      The Metropolitan Police Department announced today the deployment of new photo enforced locations beginning on or about Tuesday, May 20, 2014.

      The deployment locations for the Photo Enforcement Units will be sites where speeding or restricted truck traffic has been identified to be a problem.

      The thirty-day educational phase will commence on or about May 20, 2014, whereas violators will receive warning citations.  After thirty days of warning tickets, MPD will begin issuing live moving citations to violators.

      The new photo enforcement locations are as follows:

      District

      Description

      Type

      Speed Limit

      2

      4600 blk Massachusetts Ave NW nw/b

      Speed

      25

      2

      3900 blk Cathedral Ave NW nw/b

      Speed

      25

      2

      2600 blk Wisconsin s/b NW

      Speed

      25

      2

      4600 blk Reservoir Rd NW nw/b

      Speed

      25

      3

      2200 blk 18th St NW n/b

      Speed

      25

      4

      3600 blk Georgia Ave s/b NW

      Speed

      30

      4

      4600 blk Arkansas Ave NW sw/b

      Speed

      25

      5

      1800 blk Monroe St NE w/b

      Oversized

      25

      5

      New York Ave e/b @ Bladensburg Rd NE

      Speed

      35

      5

      2200 blk Rhode Island Ave NE ne/b

      Speed

      30

      5

      3600 blk South Dakota Ave NE ne/b

      Speed

      25

      6

      4600 blk N H Burroughs Ave NE nw/b

      Speed

      25

      6

      200 blk 44th St NE s/b

      Speed

      25

      7

      2500 blk Martin Luther King Ave SE n/b

      Speed

      25

      7

      4200 blk 6th St SE s/b

      Speed

      25

      For more information about automated enforcement in the District of Columbia, log onto http://mpdc.dc.gov/automatedenforcement

    • Charles and Eugenia Osgood
      Message 2 of 7 , May 19, 2014
        You could do very well adding the 2600 block of Woodley Pl NW. Lots
        of illegally heavy trucks come through here.

        Charles F. Osgood

        2633 Woodley PL NW

      • Sledge, David (MPD)
        Message 3 of 7 , May 20, 2014

          Greetings:

          Thanks for writing.  We will look into this and take appropriate action.

> [...]

          > Speed
          >
          > 30
          >
          > 5
          >
          > 3600 blk South Dakota Ave NE ne/b
          >
          > Speed
          >
          > 25
          >
          > 6
          >
          > 4600 blk N H Burroughs Ave NE nw/b
          >
          > Speed
          >
          > 25
          >
          > 6
          >
          > 200 blk 44th St NE s/b
          >
          > Speed
          >
          > 25
          >
          > 7
          >
          > 2500 blk Martin Luther King Ave SE n/b
          >
          > Speed
          >
          > 25
          >
          > 7
          >
          > 4200 blk 6th St SE s/b
          >
          > Speed
          >
          > 25
          >

          > For more information about automated enforcement in the District of

        • Kathi Sullivan
          Message 4 of 7 , May 20, 2014
            Please include upper Porter St., NW. (From 34th to Wisconsin) on this enforcement.  We constantly have trucks running up and down our street.  Pretty much all of them above the 25mph speed limit as well.
            Thank you,
            Kathi Sullivan
            3513 Porter St., NW

            Sent from my iPad

            Message 5 of 7 , May 20, 2014

              Greetings Kathi:

              Thanks for writing.  We will monitor the area and take the appropriate police action.

              Message 6 of 7 , May 20, 2014
                We have requested assistance many times over the years for Garrison St. NW between Wisconsin and 46th/River Road. Every day, trucks serving Rodman's drugstore ignore the "No Thru Trucks" signs. A Rodman's employee told me that in six years of working there, he had never heard of a truck driver being cited for such a violation.
                Lyle Brenneman

                Sent from my iPhone

                Message 7 of 7 , May 20, 2014

                  Thanks.  The Second District will respond to the area and take the appropriate action.