Cars running the stop sign at 2nd & E SW

  • dykstra_sarah
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 22 10:44 AM

      Hi all -

      I walk from my apartment to Federal Center SW every morning and have to cross the street at the corner of 2nd and E. Cars consistently run that stop sign, not slowing down as they turn the corner. I've come close to being hit on many occasions. Could officers make an attempt to watch this corner during rush hour so that people come to a complete stop at this corner? I've noticed it's especially bad right before and after 7, 8 and 9 am, when people are racing to get to work on time.

    • Brown, Jeff (MPD)
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 22 12:25 PM

        Good afternoon,

        We will ensure this area receives special attention regarding this issue.

        Thank you

        Commander Jeff Brown

        First District

        101 M St SW

        Washington DC 20024

        (202) 299-2037

        Help DC become an Age-Friendly city by participating in the Block-by-Block Walk on Saturday, September 6. Sign up here to volunteer.