StrayDog - Think English Bulldog

  • nmetzger
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 11, 2014
      She came into our lives, fleetingly we hope, late this evening while we were coming home from dinner on Barracks Row.  Dominantly brown, with white marking on the top front and chest, white muzzle.  Very friendly (and very, very thirsty, as we found out).  Wearing a red collar with white polka dots; no visible id.

      We've call the DC Animal Shelter but if she belongs to you please call (202/546-1034;202-445-5436).

      Norm
    • Sherry Deane
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 11, 2014
        Oh, please don't put the dog in a shelter.  Does she have a microchip?  A vet or someone at the animal shelter can determine this. She seems like a much loved dog, so thank you for trying to find her family.

        Sent from my iPad

        On Mar 11, 2014, at 10:40 PM, <normanmetzger@...> wrote:

        She came into our lives, fleetingly we hope, late this evening while we were coming home from dinner on Barracks Row.  Dominantly brown, with white marking on the top front and chest, white muzzle.  Very friendly (and very, very thirsty, as we found out).  Wearing a red collar with white polka dots; no visible id.

        We've call the DC Animal Shelter but if she belongs to you please call (202/546-1034;202-445-5436).

        Norm

      • Brett Busang
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 12, 2014
          Dear Norm:

          I must second Sherry's sentiment.  The "shelter solution" is almost invariably a death sentence.

          For everybody's sake, I hope the dog is microchipped.

          Sincerely,

          Brett (Busang)

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Mar 12, 2014, at 12:18 AM, Sherry Deane <sherrycd@...> wrote:

          Oh, please don't put the dog in a shelter.  Does she have a microchip?  A vet or someone at the animal shelter can determine this. She seems like a much loved dog, so thank you for trying to find her family.

          Sent from my iPad

          On Mar 11, 2014, at 10:40 PM, <normanmetzger@...> wrote:

          She came into our lives, fleetingly we hope, late this evening while we were coming home from dinner on Barracks Row.  Dominantly brown, with white marking on the top front and chest, white muzzle.  Very friendly (and very, very thirsty, as we found out).  Wearing a red collar with white polka dots; no visible id.

          We've call the DC Animal Shelter but if she belongs to you please call (202/546-1034;202-445-5436).

          Norm

        • Joshua White
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 12, 2014
            Just to clarify as someone who volunteers in the adoptions department of the Washington Humane Society, the shelter route is not "a death sentence."  The only animals that are euthanized at the Washington Humane Society are those that are evaluated and deemed too aggressive or sick to be eligible for adoption.  While the shelter obviously isn't a fun place for a dog to be and should always be the last resort, it's a gross mis characterization to call it "a death sentence."

            Josh
            14th and NC

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Mar 12, 2014, at 7:46 AM, Brett Busang <bbusang@...> wrote:

[...]

          • Liz Hoopes
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 12, 2014

              Thank you, Josh.  I see the shelters as a weigh station for animals to a happy home rather than the opposite perception by some.  All my pets have been adopted from WHS and I thank everyone on staff.  They use every resource available to make sure each animal receives the gift of adoption –from behavior training to socialization in Kitty City.

              Hope the lost doggy is reunited with his family soon!

              Liz

[...]

            • Groomes, Diane (MPD)
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 13, 2014

                Such good news … thank you so much for your effort

                “Kara” the English Bull dog was reunited with  her owner a US  Marine last evening.

                She came into our lives, fleetingly we hope, late this evening while we were coming home from dinner on Barracks Row.  Dominantly brown, with white marking on the top front and chest, white muzzle.  Very friendly (and very, very thirsty, as we found out).  Wearing a red collar with white polka dots; no visible id.

                We've call the DC Animal Shelter but if she belongs to you please call (202/546-1034;202-445-5436).

                Norm

                As you spring forward, check your smoke alarm. It may be time for a new one. The DC Fire and Emergency Medical Services Department provides free installations of smoke alarms for owner-occupied District homes. Request an installation at http://311.dc.gov or call 202-673-3331.

              • Hagedorn, Stephen
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 13, 2014
                  There is another lost dog last seen near RFK Stadium.  "Pete" is a black and white hound who ran away after being hit by a car Wednesday.

                  Regards,
                  Steve

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  Steve Hagedorn
                  Coldwell Banker
                  Direct: 202-741-1707
                  Cell:    202-841-1380
                  Office: 202-547-3525

                  On Mar 13, 2014, at 1:07 PM, "Groomes, Diane (MPD)" <diane.groomes@...> wrote:

                  Such good news … thank you so much for your effort

                  “Kara” the English Bull dog was reunited with  her owner a US  Marine last evening.

                  She came into our lives, fleetingly we hope, late this evening while we were coming home from dinner on Barracks Row.  Dominantly brown, with white marking on the top front and chest, white muzzle.  Very friendly (and very, very thirsty, as we found out).  Wearing a red collar with white polka dots; no visible id.

                  We've call the DC Animal Shelter but if she belongs to you please call (202/546-1034;202-445-5436).

                  Norm

                  As you spring forward, check your smoke alarm. It may be time for a new one. The DC Fire and Emergency Medical Services Department provides free installations of smoke alarms for owner-occupied District homes. Request an installation at http://311.dc.gov or call 202-673-3331.

                  "The information in this electronic mail message is the sender's confidential business and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee(s). Access to this internet electronic mail message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful."

                  "The sender believes that this E-mail and any attachments were free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse, and/or malicious code when sent. This message and its attachments could have been infected during transmission. By reading the message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full responsibility for taking protective and remedial action about viruses and other defects. The sender’s company is not liable for any loss or damage arising in any way from this message or its attachments."

                  "Nothing in this email shall be deemed to create a binding contract to purchase/sell real estate. The sender of this email does not have the authority to bind a buyer or seller to a contract via written or verbal communications including, but not limited to, email communications."   ­­

                • Porter, Dierdre (MPD)
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 13, 2014

                    That is excellent news.

                       !