Police activity 1200 bl D St NE

  • judy@dcaccess.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 21, 2014

      Hi, Can you provide any information about the police activity on the 1200 Block of D St NE in the early morning hours last night (Fri). There was a helicopter spotlight and several vehicles.

      Thanks.

      Judy, D St. resident

      Sent from my Virgin Mobile phone.

    • judy@dcaccess.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 23, 2014

        Is there a reason this was posted and not replied to?  This occurred in front of my house and made me very uneasy.

        Thank you

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 23, 2014
          Judy I apologize you did not receive a response. I am having my Watch Commander research this now.

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Feb 23, 2014, at 8:27 PM, "judy@..." <judy@...> wrote:

          Is there a reason this was posted and not replied to?  This occurred in front of my house and made me very uneasy.

          Thank you

          Sent from my Virgin Mobile phone.

          Hi, Can you provide any information about the police activity on the 1200 Block of D St NE in the early morning hours last night (Fri). There was a helicopter spotlight and several vehicles.

          Thanks.

          Judy, D St. resident

          Sent from my Virgin Mobile phone.

          Look out for the homeless this winter. When the actual or forecasted temperature or wind chill is 32˚F or below, the District issues a Hypothermia Alert. To request support for DC residents who are homeless and on the street now, contact the Shelter Hotline at 1-800-535-7252 or 311 or email uposh@....

        • Harris, Brian (MPD)
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 23, 2014

            I’m sorry for the delay, this incident was a result of a vehicle (later determined to be stolen) that fled from some of our officers.   The passengers from that vehicle fled from the vehicle on foot and the officers did not see where they went.  The helicopter which was already flying heard the incident and conducted a yard to yard search for people hiding with the ground units assistance.

            No subjects were arrested as a result of this incident.

            Brian Harris

            Police Captain

            Metropolitan Police Department

            First District

            Look out for the homeless this winter. When the actual or forecasted temperature or wind chill is 32 degrees F or below, the District issues a Hypothermia Alert. To request support for persons who are homeless and on the street now, contact the Shelter Hotline at 1-800-535-7252 or 311 or email uposh@....