21811Re: [MPD-1D] "Suspicious" Activity near Lincoln Park, Stanton Park, and other areas in Northeast.

  • Ron Ford
    May 31 8:25 PM

      Thank you for the update.

      We drove past Stanton Park this evening and witnessed a large group jaywalking on our green light.  When large groups of pedestrians (tourists or otherwise) are moving in mass, their safety on the streets becomes an issue.  The pedestrians really need to follow the laws versus jeopardizing their safety to make it across the street to arrive at their checkpoint as quickly as possible.

      I hope when MPD learns of these events that reults in large groups gathering together, the Department is able to share good advice on keeping the participants safe while walking through the city.

      Thank you,
      Ron

      On May 31, 2014 10:20 PM, "'Strassman, Joshua (MPD)' joshua.strassman@... [MPD-1D]" <MPD-1D@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      The First District has received several calls for “suspicious activity” in the areas near Lincoln Park, Stanton Park, and other areas in northeast close to the Capitol Hill area.  US Capitol Police has advised us that there is a large group of young adults ranging in age from teens to twenties, that are engaged in some type of organized scavenger hunt/ game of “tag”  called “Survivor DC” at this time.  The information we have received is that they are spending time searching for hidden items, and occasionally chasing each other around and other, similar play.

      At this time, there is no unlawful activity taking place.

      We are aware of their presence, and will have our officers in the field pay special attention to the areas.

      As always, if you should observe a crime in progress, or someone in need of medical assistance please call 911 to report it.

      Sgt. Joshua Strassman

      PSA 103

      First District

      101 M Street SW

      Celebrate DC Governmentx2019;s Best at The 13th Annual Cafritz Awards Gala!

      Youx2019;re invited to attend the gala on Wednesday, June 4 at 5:30 p.m. at The George Washington University's Marvin Center (800 21st Street, NW). For more information and to RSVP, please visit www.cafritzawards.org.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic