Re: Some 1850 Pittsylvania Census Data

  • robertmorefield
    Message 1 of 5 , May 16, 2002
      Hello Jody,

      Well I am happy to report that you are correct, but so am I. Spencer
      Vaughan age 75 lived in 880/880, Wiley lived in 881/881 and John
      lived in 882/882. Also listed in Spencer's household was Lydia age
      70 and Lydia age 23 and Julia Baine age 18.

      Bob Morefield

      --- In MOREFIELDHOMEPLACE@y..., EDavis3797@a... wrote:
      > Bob certainly is doing some fine work for all of us! However, the
      1850
      > census has a major error. It correctly shows Wiley Morefield and
      his wife
      > Cary/Caren and their family. However, the John listed next door
      was not a
      > Morefield, but a Vaughan. John Vaughan was Cary/Caren/Karen
      Vaughan
      > Morefield's brother. They were the children of John Spencer
      Vaughan and his
      > wife Lydia Dodson.(At least that is one batch of Morefields we
      don't need to
      > figure out!)
      >
      > Jody
    • robertmorefield
      Message 2 of 5 , May 17, 2002
        Jody has told me that she had done some record research and evidently
        the census taker wrote down the wrong surname for a neighbor of Wiley
        Morefield as John Morefield when it was in fact John Vaughan. So
        keep that in mind if you have recorded the 1850 census data I
        posted.