Re: [MOREFIELDHOMEPLACE] Spelling & blue eyes

  • Pamela Montgomery
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 7, 2002
      My mammaw (bertha arzela (arjela) stice morefield had blue eyes - but I am too young to remember pappaws color my one sister and I have blue eyes - hers a little bluer mine a little more aqua. I have blonde hair and my sisters were natural 'dark brunettes' - I get my tall thin build from the morefield side of our family judy (at least like pappaw and uncle woody, and uncle doll (carlton), and my mother) my sons have hazel eyes and their father has baby blue eyes - don't know why the genes skipped around there! Have a great SUnday
      seaverp <pseaver@...> wrote: My grandfather (Allen's great-grandson) had bright blue eyes,
      too, as did my father and at least two of my uncles. However, my
      grandfather's hair still had a lot of dark brown/black when he
      died at age 90.

      How many others know of blue-eyed Mflds (portaging or
      canoeing)?

      Pat Mfld Seaver

      --- In MOREFIELDHOMEPLACE@y..., Jennifer Moorefield
      <jmm@g...> wrote:
      > years, I'm sure. He did remember Thomas Moorefield of
      Patrick County, who
      > would be my great grandfather. My dad would have been
      about 12 when
      > Thomas died. He says that he had bushy white hair and vivid
      blue eyes. My
      > dad always called them the Moorefield eyes because so many
      in the family
      > (not me - my mom's brown eyes carried the dominant gene)
      has them. I know
      > that several of my Moorefield great uncles - Han, Charlie, and
      Frank - all
      > had those vivid blue eyes and thick white hair. I'm assuming
      my own
      > grandfather, John, had the blue eyes too but I never knew him.

      MOREFIELD RESEARCH EXCHANGE (MRE) 2002 will be held October, 7, 8 & 9, in the Danville, Virginia area, with a dinner reception on the 6th. Please plan to attend!!

    • Patricia M. Seaver
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 7, 2002
        Since I posted the message below about my dad, uncles & grandfather
        having blue eyes, I looked back at a picture of my great-grandfather
        Josiah Morefield and a picture of who I *think* is my
        great-great-grandfather Josiah Morefield (I). Obviously, the
        pictures are in black and white, but it's equally obvious that both
        men had light-colored eyes. The line is
        Edward>Wright>William>Allen>Josiah I>Josiah II>Roy Marcus>Joseph
        William (my dad).

        Pat Mfld Seaver

        --
        Patricia Moorefield Seaver