Re: [MOREFIELDHOMEPLACE] Re: I am Letuice's 5th great grandson

  • Betty Quier
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 20, 2013
      Hi Cheryl;
         It's me---Betty.  Send me an Email.  We haven't talked in quite a while.

      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 21, 2013
        I'm the only one in my immediate family who even knows who Lettice is. My grandpa says that his father never spoke of his mother (Lucy) and if it weren't for me my family wouldn't know anything about our family history. I'm wanting to take a dna test myself just to see what turns up.

        --- In MOREFIELDHOMEPLACE@yahoogroups.com, Betty Quier <waltnbetty1@...> wrote:

        > Hello;
        >     I am Betty.  The G.G.G. granddaughter of Lettice Morefield Carlton thru her daughter Rosanna who married Wiley Jackson in Scott Co. Il.  Then thru their daughter Flora Jane who married Charles Hoots. Their daughter Gerthrude married Vurn Walters who are the parents of my dad Harry Walters.
        >    I am so glad to finally see there is someone besides me descended from Lettice.  Please contact me.
        >
        > Betty--waltnbetty1@...

      • Seaver Patricia
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 22, 2013
          FTDNA has lowered the price of its Family Finder test to $99. That is also the price of the 23andMe test. Both are autosomal DNA tests and are highly regarded. The 23andMe test also includes a health portion, which the Family Finder test does not. Ancestry also offers an autosomal test. I have tested with Family Finder and with 23andMe. Both 23andMe and Family Finder have search features and comparison tools for working with the data. Each has some features that the other one does not have; I find the 23andMe website to be very frustrating.

          Regardless of which test you choose to take, you can upload your results to Gedmatch.com, where you can compare your results to results from other autosomal tests. Gedmatch is free (run by volunteers and funded by donations) and has many comparison tools. There are several Morefield/Moorefield descendants who have their results on Gedmatch already where we can compare our data to each other and also look for matches in common.

          Every child inherits about half of his/her autosomal DNA from each parent, and each parent received about half of his/her autosomal DNA from their parents, and so on back each generation....so, an autosomal DNA test will give results from all of your ancestral lines, not just Morefield.

          Pat (Moorefield) Seaver

          On Aug 21, 2013, at 3:33 PM, Chad W wrote:

          > I'm the only one in my immediate family who even knows who Lettice is. My grandpa says that his father never spoke of his mother (Lucy) and if it weren't for me my family wouldn't know anything about our family history. I'm wanting to take a dna test myself just to see what turns up.

        • walterscj2003
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 19, 2013
            I need your e-mail address