Re: Cemetery Book

  • dlsaup
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 4, 2013
      --- In MOREFIELDHOMEPLACE@yahoogroups.com, "julie" wrote:

      > Hello All, I received my cemetery book today, it has every cemetery in Johnson County listed and those buried therein. I counted 65 Morefield's buried in several cemeteries across the county. If anyone needs to know where an individual is buried I will be happy to help. J. Morefield Shortt

      Thank you so much, there are also MFLD cemetery/death records including Find a Grave memorial numbers in this groups files. Also if you serch for Dancing with Ghosts member ##47068368 I have a "virtual" cemetery called Garden Moorefield with 455 names covering all spelling variations.

      I am a grave-a-holic and if I can help anyone with death records or cemetery searches/info please do not hesitate to email me. My main email (cant use it to sign in here)is dancingwghosts@... I check that one often.
    • rapplee
      Message 2 of 15 , May 30, 2013
        you did not give a complete email address when you gave dancing with graves. is it dancing with graves at yahoo.com, @..., @... or what?

        --- In MOREFIELDHOMEPLACE@yahoogroups.com, "dlsaup" <dlsaup@...> wrote:

        > --- In MOREFIELDHOMEPLACE@yahoogroups.com, "julie" wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello All, I received my cemetery book today, it has every cemetery in Johnson County listed and those buried therein. I counted 65 Morefield's buried in several cemeteries across the county. If anyone needs to know where an individual is buried I will be happy to help. J. Morefield Shortt
        > >
        > Thank you so much, there are also MFLD cemetery/death records including Find a Grave memorial numbers in this groups files. Also if you serch for Dancing with Ghosts member ##47068368 I have a "virtual" cemetery called Garden Moorefield with 455 names covering all spelling variations.
        >
        > I am a grave-a-holic and if I can help anyone with death records or cemetery searches/info please do not hesitate to email me. My main email (cant use it to sign in here)is dancingwghosts@... I check that one often.

      • joyhopkins24
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 28, 2013

          I am looking for a Ashery Moorefield,married to a Lillie are Lilly Moorefield. in NC , the first child was a Willie Mae Moorefield born in 1898 a second child Mary Moorefield and a son Walter Columbus Moorefield born in 1906 , Lillie was a widow in 1920 to the best of my knowledge. can any one help. to my understanding both were born in NC somewhere near Surry, Yankin, Dobson,Stokes counties..

          Can some one please point me in the right direction.. Joyhopkins24@... are 336 622-9095

        • Patricia Greggs
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 30, 2013
            Joy:
            This obit. may help point you in the right direction....

            From The Daily News, Burlington, North Carolina, October 1, 1968
            W.C. Moorefield
            Walter Columbus Moorefield, 62, of Rt. 7, Burlington, died this morning at 3:30 o'clock in a Chapel Hill hospital following four days of critical illness.
            A native of Yadkin County, Mr. Moorefield was the so of the late Asberry and Lillie Novella Moorefield.  He was the husband of Mrs. Emma Bowman Moorefield of the home, who survives, and was a retired employe of Liberty Veneering Co.
            Survivors in addition to his wife, include two daughters, Mrs. Wilma Dean Bolick of Liberty and Mrs. Irene May Hall of Burlington; three sons, Walter Wayne Moorefield, Albert Harrison Moorefield and Monroe Brady Moorefield, all of Burlington; one sister, Mrs. Willie May Shores of Snow Camp; one half-brother, Joe Moorefield of Mt. Airy; 17 grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
            Final rites will be held Thursday afternoon at 2 o'clock at Rich and Thompson Chapel in Burlington.  The Rev. Robert Latta, pastor or Almanance Baptist Church, will conduct the service.  Burial will be in Cane Creek Friends Church cemetery.
            The body will remain at Rich and Thompson Mortuary in Burlington through the service.

            I hope this helps.
            Pat Moorefield Greggs
            I am looking for a Ashery Moorefield,married to a Lillie are Lilly Moorefield. in NC , the first child was a Willie Mae Moorefield born in 1898 a second child Mary Moorefield and a son Walter Columbus Moorefield born in 1906 , Lillie was a widow in 1920 to the best of my knowledge. can any one help. to my understanding both were born in NC somewhere near Surry, Yankin, Dobson,Stokes counties..
            Can some one please point me in the right direction.. Joyhopkins24@... are 336 622-9095
          • JOY HOPKINS
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 30, 2013
              Thank you so much Asberry Moorefield would be my Great grand father ,, Lillie is my great grand mother,, on my moms side,, Willie  Mae shore is my grand mother..If you need any information on the Shores I have it..

                  Again YHANK YOU SO MUCH
                       Joy

              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 30, 2013
                Joy:
                Asberry Moorefield is James Asberry Moorefield, d. 24 Feb 1915 in Yadkin Co. Death Certificate shows his DOB as 8 Sep 1856 in Yadkin Co. Father is unknown - mother is Sarah Moorefield. COD is sudden death unknown cause as he wasn't being treated by a doctor. The informant of his death was L.N. Moorefield, his wife. Asberry is spelled Asbury on the death certificate.
                Lillie Novella Hedgepeth is his wife.
                Her death certificate shows she was the widow of Ed Shinault and was born to George E. & Jane Jackson Hedgepeth on 7 Nov 1874 (date not proven) in Yadkin Co. She died 9 Dec 1946 in Surry Co. and is buried in Indian Graves at Mounty Airy. Her informant of death was Cornelia McRoberts.
                Ed Shinault's death certificate shows his widow as Lillie Moorefield.
                Lillie married Edmund D. Shinault 24 June 1929 in Surry Co. Lillie is living in household with Nelie McRoberts and her brother, Mose in 1940 in Surry Co.

                As for Asberry's mother - no marriage is found for her and she is always listed as head of household in the census. You will find this family in 1870 in Washington Co., VA. James Asberry is back in Yadkin Co. in 1900 where he married Lillie ca 1895. They are also found on the 1910 Yadkin Co. Census. with the children you have listed. I haven't located Lillie in 1920 after the death of her husband. She is listed as Lillin Morefield on marriage index book at age 48 with her marriage to Ed whom was 73 in 1929.

                Pat

                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 31, 2013

                  Can any one tell me where James Asberry Moorefield is buried ,, NC ? VA?  Thank you for your help.. hugs to all

                   Joy

                • Patricia Greggs
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 1, 2014
                    Joy:
                    The death certificate lists Mitchell Chapel.
                    Research for this chapel takes you to Mitchell's Chapel United Methodist Church in Yadkin Co.
                    Whether or not he is buried there is the question.
                    Pat

                    Can any one tell me where James Asberry Moorefield is buried ,, NC ? VA?  Thank you for your help.. hugs to all
                     Joy
                  • ROSA CURTIS
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 16, 2014
                      My granny is Willie Belle Moorefiled Wilmouth..Does anyone have any pics of her in her younger years..Her mom was Alice Whitlow Moorefield

                      Rosa Curtis

                          Message 12 of 15 , Jan 17, 2014

                            holy smoke can you image having that many kids.. and I thought  12 was a lot.

                          • joyhopkins24
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jan 17, 2014

                              where can you get a cemetery book from.

                            • ROSA CURTIS
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jan 17, 2014
                                lol I know..alot of kids and my mom doesnt like crowds  lol

                                Rosa Curtis