Re: [MOREFIELDHOMEPLACE] New to this site.

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1 12:20 PM
      Hello and welcome to MorefieldHomeplace!

      I'm not sure that I can help you with locating your family's homeplace, but I do know that they lived in Graves Co, KY and Marshall Co, KY, as well as in Carlisle Co., so I suggest that you try those counties, too. There is a good genealogical/historical library in Frankfort, with many KY documents on file.

      I can help you with your family tree. William Lafayette Morefield's parents were Rev. John Wesley Morefield b. c1849 and d. 1904 Marshall Co, KY and Mary Elizabeth Keeling b. c1852 KY d. 1917 Marshall Co, KY.

      John Wesley Morefield's parents were Martin A. Morefield and Bethany C. Jones, who married 27 apr 1839 Henry Co, TN (but they were living in KY, I think). Martin A. was b. c1821 KY and Bethany about 1823 in TN.

      Martin A.'s parents were Green Morefield and Elizabeth Nelson. Green Morefield was born c1797 in Halifax Co, VA and died before 1856 in Marshall Co, KY. Elizabeth was born about 1803 VA and died about 1860. She was the daughter of William Nelson and Susannah Davis.

      We **think that Green Morefield was the son of Edward Morefield b. c1768 Halifax Co, VA, but he (Green) may have been the son of Moore Morefield, Edward's brother.

      Edward Morefield and Moore Morefield were the sons of John Morefield, Sr., who died about 1811 in Halifax Co, VA.

      John Morefield, Sr. was **probably the son of Edward Morefield, who died 1785 Halifax Co, VA. Since we don't have dates of birth, it is **possible that John Morefield, Sr. was a younger brother of Edward, but either way, they were very closely associated.

      I am descended from John Morefield, Sr.'s son, William.

      Pat (Moorefield) Seaver

      On Dec 31, 2011, at 1:50 PM, billmor1 wrote:

      > Hello all. My father was Gene Morefield, Grandfather: Cerel Morefield and Great grandpa William Lafayette Morefield. I have just relocated to Louisville and am searching for the farm grandpa called the "Old Homeplace". My aunt Christine Rudnick says it is in Carlisle County, Ky but doesn't remember any other info. Happpy New Year to all.

    • Robert M
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1 6:15 PM
        Pat,

        As a quick response to Bill. I have in my database William Lafayette Morefield the son of John Wesley who was son of Martin Morefield who was the son of Green Morefield. I believe this is in Judy Gordon's line.

        Bob Morefield
        -----------------------------

        --- In MOREFIELDHOMEPLACE@yahoogroups.com, Patricia Seaver <pseaver@...> wrote:

        > Hello and welcome to MorefieldHomeplace!
        >
        > I'm not sure that I can help you with locating your family's homeplace, but I do know that they lived in Graves Co, KY and Marshall Co, KY, as well as in Carlisle Co., so I suggest that you try those counties, too. There is a good genealogical/historical library in Frankfort, with many KY documents on file.
        >
        > I can help you with your family tree. William Lafayette Morefield's parents were Rev. John Wesley Morefield b. c1849 and d. 1904 Marshall Co, KY and Mary Elizabeth Keeling b. c1852 KY d. 1917 Marshall Co, KY.
        >
        > John Wesley Morefield's parents were Martin A. Morefield and Bethany C. Jones, who married 27 apr 1839 Henry Co, TN (but they were living in KY, I think). Martin A. was b. c1821 KY and Bethany about 1823 in TN.
        >
        > Martin A.'s parents were Green Morefield and Elizabeth Nelson. Green Morefield was born c1797 in Halifax Co, VA and died before 1856 in Marshall Co, KY. Elizabeth was born about 1803 VA and died about 1860. She was the daughter of William Nelson and Susannah Davis.
        >
        > We **think that Green Morefield was the son of Edward Morefield b. c1768 Halifax Co, VA, but he (Green) may have been the son of Moore Morefield, Edward's brother.
        >
        > Edward Morefield and Moore Morefield were the sons of John Morefield, Sr., who died about 1811 in Halifax Co, VA.
        >
        > John Morefield, Sr. was **probably the son of Edward Morefield, who died 1785 Halifax Co, VA. Since we don't have dates of birth, it is **possible that John Morefield, Sr. was a younger brother of Edward, but either way, they were very closely associated.
        >
        > I am descended from John Morefield, Sr.'s son, William.
        >
        > Pat (Moorefield) Seaver
        >

        > On Dec 31, 2011, at 1:50 PM, billmor1 wrote:
        >
        > > Hello all. My father was Gene Morefield, Grandfather: Cerel Morefield and Great grandpa William Lafayette Morefield. I have just relocated to Louisville and am searching for the farm grandpa called the "Old Homeplace". My aunt Christine Rudnick says it is in Carlisle County, Ky but doesn't remember any other info. Happpy New Year to all.

      • Donna Coker
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1 7:52 PM
          That is also my side of the Morefield family. Donna Coker

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 2 11:19 AM
            Hello All,

            Thank you for the information. I will try the Carlisle county, Ky records for my search. I believe that Tilman Morefield, my grandfather Cerel's brother and son of William Lafayette Morefield farmed the place until his death in 1993. What ever I find out I will share with all of you. I would truly love to walk some of the same ground as my ancestors, and see the farm that provided their livelihood (did I spell that correctly).

            Happy New Year to all,
            Bill Morefield

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 2 4:21 PM
              John Wesely Morefield was my great grandfather His daughter Elizabeth (Betty) married a Presbyterian minister.He was pastor of Rozzell Chapel in Graves County. My dad was thier oldest son Charles Wesely Yates. Donna

              From: Robert M <robertmorefield@...>

              To: MOREFIELDHOMEPLACE@yahoogroups.com

              Date: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 9:15 PM