Pittsylvania County's Civil War Gun Factory

  • Leigh Barbour
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2011
      I've been wondering for a long time why none of my Moorefield ancestors had fought in the Civil War. Specifically William "Tom" Moorefield and his brothers didn't fight which made no sense. Today I found this article and I realize that there might be a possibility that he worked in this gun factory. Does anybody have any more information on this factory? Here's the link to the article:
      http://www.victorianvilla.com/sims-mitchell/local/articles/phsp/027/index.htm