Re: Hi everyone!

  • Robert M
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 11 7:09 AM
      Hello Becki,
      Welcome to our group. I have changed your status so that you can post. When anyone joins the group we keep them in a moderated state to block bad posters.

      I am also in the Robert S. line and come down through David Henry Morefield where you come down from his brother Thomas Hill Morefield. Thomas' middle name comes from a part of the Irby line. The Irby's enter with Robert S' wife Prudence. Prudence was the daughter of David Irby and Lucy Hudson. Lucy was the daughter of Daniel Hudson and Tabitha Hill. I will have to say that there has been no actual proof that Tabitha was a Hill but by analysis I believe she was a Hill.

      I live in Murphysboro having moved here about 36 years ago from Du Quoin.

      Bob Morefield

      --- In MOREFIELDHOMEPLACE@yahoogroups.com, "Chris and Becki" <cwagne6@...> wrote:

      > I just realized that I joined over a year ago to post a picture of my great-grandmother Elzora with two of her children and never did it. I was on the net looking for info about her and found this group and have been reading on and off. Well, time to introduce myself.
      >
      > I am from the Robert S. Morefield line. The picture I posted was of Elzora, right before she passed away I think, my grandfather John Russell Morefield and his sister. I am not sure if that is Esther, Vivian or Eunice. I am more inclined to think it is Vivian from what I can recall my grandmother Eileen saying but I could be wrong. She gave me a Bible from a Local Carpenters Union, Murphysboro, Il with that picture and obit in it right before she passed away two years ago.
      >
      > I think it is great all the information that can be found out on the internet about your ancestors. You guys are doing a great job with gathering information. It is a little overwhelming to me to put all of this together. If you guys need information just let me know. Although I'm sure you guys could help me out more than I could ever you. ^__^
      >
      > Thanks for having me,
      >
      > Becki Morefield-Wagner

    • mark morefield
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 11 9:45 AM
        Bob,

        We are going to have to connect up. I moved to Du Quoin last year from California. My wife is from here; her maiden name is Bookstaver. And I run into people all the time that ask if we are related. I come from James Harding Morefield line. His son, my gggf, William Harrison Morefield served with the 40th Illinois Infantry during the civil war.

        Mark Morefield

        To: MOREFIELDHOMEPLACE@yahoogroups.com
        From: robertmorefield@...
        Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 14:09:37 +0000