Beginning Our 12th Year

  • Robert M
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2010
      Well 2010 is her with us now. The Morefield HomePlace began in 1999 and has been a very productive site for the advancement of the Morefield and Misc. spellings history.

      I took a look at the stats that are on the home page and did a quick add up and came up with a few more messages than the last posted message. So I may have gotten a number entered wrong but it is close enough. Here is what I added up.

      1999----34 messages
      2000----04 messages
      2001----449 messages MRE began
      2002----865 messages
      2003----1352 messages
      2004----786 messages
      2005----546 messages
      2006----241 messages
      2007----262 messages
      2008----143 messages
      2009----256 messages

      Those messages represent a large volume of researched data much taken from original "record of the day" documents. Not all questions have been answered but we know volumes more about our ancestry that we did in 1998.

      Let us hope we continue our diligent research and add even more good data on the Morefield family history.

      Have a very happy New Year 2010 (twenty ten)

      Bob Morefield
    • Phyllis Morefield
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2010
        Hi All, Happy New Year! Bob, thanks for the numbers and just remember
        new info is being added to the web every day. We have to keep going
        back and looking as sites we've checked before. Even the census
        records are being updated and many transcription errors are being
        caught and reported by other researchers.
        'til later,
        Phyllis

        On Jan 1, 2010, at 12:13 PM, Robert M wrote:

        > Well 2010 is her with us now. The Morefield HomePlace began in 1999
        > and has been a very productive site for the advancement of the
        > Morefield and Misc. spellings history.
        >
        > I took a look at the stats that are on the home page and did a quick
        > add up and came up with a few more messages than the last posted
        > message. So I may have gotten a number entered wrong but it is close
        > enough. Here is what I added up.
        >
        > 1999----34 messages
        > 2000----04 messages
        > 2001----449 messages MRE began
        > 2002----865 messages
        > 2003----1352 messages
        > 2004----786 messages
        > 2005----546 messages
        > 2006----241 messages
        > 2007----262 messages
        > 2008----143 messages
        > 2009----256 messages
        >
        > Those messages represent a large volume of researched data much
        > taken from original "record of the day" documents. Not all questions
        > have been answered but we know volumes more about our ancestry that
        > we did in 1998.
        >
        > Let us hope we continue our diligent research and add even more good
        > data on the Morefield family history.
        >
        > Have a very happy New Year 2010 (twenty ten)
        >
        > Bob Morefield

      • Sandra Hart
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2010
          Two more suggestions based on my own recent successes:
          1. Try the ancestry.com search engine again - - in recent months
          there has been a huge increase in the number of user-submitted
          corrections of transcription errors. Since ancestry changed their
          format (making it easy to submit corrections), I find I have been
          submitting at least a few every time I wander through their census
          records. I assume that others are having the same experience if the
          number of corrected entries I've seen lately is any indication.

          2. Give find-a-grave another try. There is not only an enormous
          number of gravestone pics posted but also a surprising amount of
          additional information provided by people who post the pics - - DoB,
          DoD of course, but also places, parents, children, spouse(s) and so
          on. Once I get settled in my new home I plan to start posting all of
          the hundreds of pics that I have taken with info about each. I had
          started doing that on my own website, but have decided that Find-a-
          Grave make the information easier to find by fellow ancestor hunters.
        • Phyllis Morefield
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 2, 2010
            Sandra, thanks for the suggestions. I too have hundreds of cemetery
            pictures, that I need to post, and think find-a-grave is a great place
            for them. Now, why would anyone roam through cemeteries?<g>
            'til later,
            Phyllis

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 3, 2010
              I have been uploading more pictures and data to "Find A Grave". I started up loading pictures of grave markers and of the person buried a few years ago. I went back and did a check on my great grandfather's brother who died in California and found his grave marker. Additional checks even gave me some exact dates on my gggrandfather that died in Missouri. So if you have grave marker and people pictures put them on there others will do so also and we will all benefit. It is sort of like MRE only on a larger scale.

              Bob Morefield