Obit from Winston-Salem, NC Journal - Nov 27 2009

  • JoM
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2009
      MOOREFIELD YADKINVILLE - Mrs. Earline Stewart Moorefield passed away Tuesday, November 24, 2009 at Forsyth Medical Center. Earline was born in Rockingham County on January 29, 1923 to the late William and Rosa Pearson Stewart. She is preceded in death by husband, Branson D. Moorefield; daughter, Shirley Davis; sister, Juanita Gass; and brother, Donnie G. Stewart. Earline is survived by daughter, Janice M. Post; and two sons, Mike and Mark Moorefield; five grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; brother, William H. Stewart; and two sisters, June (Jay) Murphy and Kitty Estep. Having touched the lives of so many, Earline will be fondly remembered for her joyful exuberance, kindness, love for family and friends, love of life and her endearing sense of humor. She will be greatly missed and forever in our hearts. Earline was a charter member of Shallowford Baptist Church, and was active as long as her health permitted. A Funeral Service will be held at 2 p.m. on Saturday, November 28, 2009 at Shallowford Baptist Church with Pastor Bill James officiating. Visitation will be held one hour prior to the Service at the Church. Burial will follow the Service at the Church cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Shallowford Baptist Church, 2440 Beroth Rd, Pfafftown, NC 27040-8518 or to the charity of your choice. The family would like to give a special thanks to Yadkin Nursing Center for their love and care to both Earline and Branson Moorefield. Online condolences can be made at www.hayworth-miller.com.

      Published in the Winston-Salem Journal on 11/27/2009
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2009
        Jo,
        Thanks for posting this. Here is Branson's ancestry:

        Branson D. Moorefield was the s/o Ollie Milton Moorefield and Gladys
        Mae Dowell.
        Ollie Milton Moorefield was the s/o Josiah Moorefield and Nancy Jane
        Lynch
        Josiah Morefield was the son of Wright D. Morefield and Jane Martin
        Wright D. Morefield was the son of William Morefield and Rebecca Stevens
        William Morefield was the s/o John Morefield, Sr. who died @1811/1812
        Halifax Co, VA

        Pat (Moorefield) Seaver