Marriages from Courthouse in Benton, Marshall County, KY

  • Robert R. Morefield
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2008
      I am sure that I posted these marriages probably five years ago but
      the ease of location I am posting them again. You will note that I
      have copies of the license for many of these marriages. I have some
      deed records that I copies when I was there in 2003 but have not
      transcribed them yet. They are difficult to read. Without checking I
      would say that most of these marriages are in the Green Morefield line.

      Bob Morefield

      Marriages from Courthouse in Benton, Marshall County, KY
      Transcribed on 5 Nov 2003

      Alfred Moorefield to Elizabeth Redding on 11 Sep 1848
      File 282
      By T. L. Poheen his return on 17 Sep 1848
      I have a copy of the License

      Robert Morefield to Nancy Norwood 13 Jan 1874
      File 2164
      Married at Widow Norwood in Presence of John Morefield
      I have a copy of the License

      Louis M. Morefield to Berte King on 22 Nov 1902
      File 5116

      Mary Ann Morefield to James L. Henderson on 14 Apr 1852
      File 495
      I have a copy of the License

      Lucy Morefield to Issiah R. Gordon on 28 Aug 1856
      File 747
      Permission by Elizabeth Morefield her mother.
      (Daughter of Green)
      I have a copy of the License

      Nancy S. Morefield to B. T. Norwood on 2 Nov 1863
      File 1232

      Sarah C. Morfield to Henry C. Gamble on 1 Aug 1877
      File 2486

      L. Jetta Mofield to Oscar P. Turner on 26 Feb 1901
      File 5056

      Ruth Morefield to Orvil Allen on 12 Jun 1932
      File 7630
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2008
        I have inserted the parents of the MFLDs.
        Pat (Moorefield) Seaver

        On Oct 1, 2008, at 11:23 AM, Robert R. Morefield wrote:

        > Marriages from Courthouse in Benton, Marshall County, KY
        > Transcribed on 5 Nov 2003
        >
        > Alfred Moorefield to Elizabeth Redding on 11 Sep 1848
        > File 282
        > By T. L. Poheen his return on 17 Sep 1848
        > I have a copy of the License

        Alfred son of Green & Elizabeth (Nelson) Morefield

        > Robert Morefield to Nancy Norwood 13 Jan 1874
        > File 2164
        > Married at Widow Norwood in Presence of John Morefield
        > I have a copy of the License

        Robert Redden Morefield, s/o Alfred and Elizabeth (Redding/Redden)
        Morefield

        > Louis M. Morefield to Berte King on 22 Nov 1902
        > File 5116

        Lewis/Louis Martin Morefield, s/o John Wesley and Mary Elizabeth
        (Keeling) Morefield (John Wesley Morefield, s/o Martin A. Morefield;
        Martin A. Morefield, s/o Green Morefield

        > Mary Ann Morefield to James L. Henderson on 14 Apr 1852
        > File 495
        > I have a copy of the License

        Mary Ann Morefield, d/o Green & Elizabeth (Nelson) Morefield

        > Lucy Morefield to Issiah R. Gordon on 28 Aug 1856
        > File 747
        > Permission by Elizabeth Morefield her mother.
        > (Daughter of Green)
        > I have a copy of the License

        Lucy, d/o Green & Elizabeth (Nelson) Morefield

        > Nancy S. Morefield to B. T. Norwood on 2 Nov 1863
        > File 1232

        Nancy Susan Morefield, d/o Green & Elizabeth (Nelson) Morefield;
        B.T.=Burtus Thomas

        > Sarah C. Morfield to Henry C. Gamble on 1 Aug 1877
        > File 2486

        Sarah C. Morefield, d/o John Wesley & Elizabeth (Wade) Morefield;
        John Wesley Morefield s/o Green Morefield

        > L. Jetta Mofield to Oscar P. Turner on 26 Feb 1901
        > File 5056

        Jetta Morefield/Mofield, d/o Robert Redden and Nancy Louisa (Norwood)
        Morefield/Mofield

        > Ruth Morefield to Orvil Allen on 12 Jun 1932
        > File 7630

        Ruth, d/o Otis Morris and Vera Clara (Ellis) Morefield; Otis Morris
        Morefield was the s/o charles Christopher & Phebe Ann (Chaffin)
        Morefield. Charles Christopher Morefield/Moorefield was the son of
        Banister Morefield/Moorefield--not in Green's line.