Moorefield Obit from Winston-Salem Journal - Aug 5, 2008

  • maryjomartin2005
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2008
      Does anyone know the parents/etc of Arthur Stewart Moorefield? He
      was husband of Dorothy Bulla mentioned in following obit:

      MOOREFIELD KERNERSVILLE/ NEWLAND Rev. Dorothy Bulla Moorefield, 92,
      formerly of Wilmington, went to sleep in Jesus' arms, Saturday,
      August 2, 2008. She was born July 6, 1916 in Randolph Co. to the late
      Herbert Franklin and Lessie Langley Bulla. Dorothy was a member of
      Shady Grove Wesleyan Church for over 24 years. She served faithfully
      beside her husband, Rev. Arthur Stewart Moorefield, in the Wesleyan
      Church for 50 years and continued to serve 20 more years after his
      death. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her
      husband Rev. Arthur S. Moorefield; a grandson, Stephen Moorefield; a
      great-grandson, Justin Smith; four brothers; and one sister.
      Surviving are two daughters, Rachel Quarles and husband Rev. Marvin
      of Maiden, and Peggy Ferguson and husband Stan of Newland; two sons,
      Arthur Moorefield, Jr. and wife Carolyn of Seneca, SC, and Joseph
      Moorefield and wife Linda of Supply; six grandchildren, Lisa Worley,
      Debbie Worley (Steve), Renee Cook (Garrison), Jay Quarles, Erica
      Moorefield, and Tiffany Faircloth; seven great-grandchildren,
      Zachary, Whitney, Megan, Tiffany, Kayla, Bailey, and Andrew; one
      great-great-grandchild, Little Zach; three brothers, Joseph Bulla
      (Marginell) of Greer, SC, Benjamin Bulla of Randleman, and William
      Bulla (Shirley) of Gulf Breeze, Florida; five sisters, Xurada Miller,
      Judy Forbis, Flora Belle Mesimore, Mary Key (Vernon) all of
      Greensboro, and Mozelle Lewis of Monroe, GA; and numerous nieces and
      nephews. A funeral service will be conducted at 11:00 a.m.,
      Wednesday, August 6, 2008, at Shady Grove Wesleyan Church with the
      Rev. Jerry Lumston, the Rev. David Emory and the Rev. Wyatt Aiken
      officiating. Burial will follow in the church cemetery. Mrs.
      Moorefield will lie in state from 10:30-11:00 at the church. The
      family will receive friends from 6-8 pm Tuesday, August 5, 2008 at
      Hayworth Miller Cain Funeral Home in Kernersville. Memorials may be
      directed to South Mountain Retreat & Conference Center, PO Box 2187,
      Jamestown, NC 27282 or Hephzibah Children' s Home, 6601 Zebulon Rd.,
      Macon, GA 31220-7606. Online condolences may be made at www.hayworth-
      miller.com.
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 8, 2008
        Hi Jo,

        Thanks so much for taking the time to post these obituaries. Arthur
        Stewart Moorefield was the s/o Isaac Frank and Laura Virginia (Edens)
        Morefield/Moorefield who married 6 dec 1893 in Washington Co, VA
        (Bristol, Abingdon). Isaac Frank was a son of Miles F. and Sarah
        Elizabeth (Orfield) Morefield. Miles was b. in Surry Co, NC and
        moved to Washington Co. VA between 1860 and 1870. Miles was living
        in the household of Sarah Morefield in 1850 Surry Co and 1860 Yadkin
        Co, NC; it is not known whether Sarah was a Morefield or the widow of
        a Morefield. Miles' marriage record names his parents as Jacob and
        Sarah, but I've found no record of a Jacob Morefield who would fit.

        Pat (Moorefield) Seaver