Question

  • maryjomartin2005
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6, 2007
      Does anyone have information on parents/ancestry of Milton
      Columbus "Lum" Moorefield? He was married twice. Once to Rada Belle
      Arrington (Surry Co., NC) and to Mallie Bryant (probably also Surry
      Co., NC) I don't have any dates pertaining to these folks.

      Thanks for a response.

      Jo Martin
    • WILLIAM FRANK MOOREFIELD, III
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 6, 2007
        --- In MOREFIELDHOMEPLACE@yahoogroups.com, "maryjomartin2005"
        <jomartin01@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone have information on parents/ancestry of Milton
        > Columbus "Lum" Moorefield? He was married twice. Once to Rada Belle
        > Arrington (Surry Co., NC) and to Mallie Bryant (probably also Surry
        > Co., NC) I don't have any dates pertaining to these folks.
        >
        > Thanks for a response.
        >
        > Jo Martin

        Hi Jo,
        Milton Columbus Moorefield was born in February, 1899 in Stokes
        County to Joseph(Josiah) and Nancy Jane Lynch Moorefield. He and Rada
        Belle Arrington were married on 7-20-1922 in Surry County. After her
        death (of pneumonia), on 3-5-1929, he and Mallie Mae Bryant were
        married in Patrick County, Va. on 8-3-1930. MIlton died on 12-6-1956,
        and his death certificate (Stokes County) states him to be buried in
        Woodville, NC.

        His children:
        Cecil Harden 1923
        Evondie 1925
        Elbanks 1927 lives in Lexinton, NC
        Milton Adoth 1928
        Ethylene Mae 1931
        Cora Lee 1934
        Stayman Roger 1941
        Ronald Franklin 1944 lives in Pilot Mountain

        Please call me at 276 340-6014 if you would like more information.
        I would love to come visit you sometime.

        Bill in Martinsville
      • maryjomartin2005
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 7, 2007
          --- In MOREFIELDHOMEPLACE@yahoogroups.com, "WILLIAM FRANK MOOREFIELD,
          III" <wmoorefi@...> wrote:

          Hi Bill,

          Thanks so much for your response concerning Milton Columbus
          Moorefield. I had found an obit in the Winston-Salem, NC journal
          showing that his son, Elbanks Moorefield was named as a son to
          William Claude Arrington and wife Eunice Ethel Collins. I found
          through discussions with some Surry Co., NC distant cousins that he
          was raised by them after the death of his mother. W. Claude
          Arrington was sister of Rada Belle Arrington.

          I appreciate your help.

          God bless,
          Jo Martin