Re: [MOREFIELDHOMEPLACE] MOREFIELD HOMECOMING

  • Michael Barbour
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 1, 2007
      I have enjoyed all the entries and I have learned alot. I am related to the Moorefields through John Henry Moorefield the bigamist and his first wife Susan. They had Alexander before he ran off and I am related through him on my mothers father's side. Then Susan had Martha Ellen Moorefield Rowland after John ran off and I am related to her through my mother's mother. I know John Henry is the son of Wiley S. Moorefield and Cary Vaughan and I am not sure of much else, My Moorefield banch is very confusing. Anyway, if you have anything to add to my line I would like to hear from you, also I enjoy family reunions, I'm not sure if my line is part of your event but if so I would like to attend.
      Sincerely, Michael Barbour

      "WILLIAM FRANK MOOREFIELD, III" <wmoorefi@...> wrote:
      2007

      MOOREFIELD HOMECOMING

      YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED THE 2007
      MOOREFIELD HOMECOMING

      WHEN: 12:30 P.M. SUNDAY JULY 8, 2007

      WHERE: HALIFAX COUNTY, VA.
      SCOTTSBURG FIRE DEPARTMENT

      WHO: ALL MOFIELDS, MOREFIELDS,
      MOOREFIELDS, OF ALL SPELLINGS,
      CHILDREN, GRANDCHILDREN, ETC.

      WHAT: THIS EVENT IS THE PERIODIC GATHERING OF
      THE MOOREFIELD FAMILY AND IS BEING HELD IN
      CONJUNCTION WITH THE LOCAL MOOREFIELD – WHITE-
      SEAMSTER FAMILY REUNION

      WHAT TO BRING: COVERED DISH FOR LUNCH, PHOTOS,FAMILY BIBLES, MEMORIES
      TO SHARE

      HOW TO GET THERE: A MAP OR MAPQUEST.COM
      DRIVE TO SCOTTSBURG, VA. AND YOU ARE AT THE
      FIRE STATION
      SCOTTSBURG BAPTIST CHURCH IS JUST UP THE STREET IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO
      ATTEND SERVICES

      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 2, 2007
        On Apr 1, 2007, at 5:43 PM, Michael Barbour wrote:

        > I have enjoyed all the entries and I have learned alot. I am
        > related to the Moorefields through John Henry Moorefield the
        > bigamist and his first wife Susan. They had Alexander before he ran
        > off and I am related through him on my mothers father's side. Then
        > Susan had Martha Ellen Moorefield Rowland after John ran off and I
        > am related to her through my mother's mother. I know John Henry is
        > the son of Wiley S. Moorefield and Cary Vaughan and I am not sure
        > of much else, My Moorefield banch is very confusing. Anyway, if you
        > have anything to add to my line I would like to hear from you, also
        > I enjoy family reunions, I'm not sure if my line is part of your
        > event but if so I would like to attend.
        > Sincerely, Michael Barbour

        > .

        Hi Michael,

        Welcome to the group! You are definitely part of the Morefield/
        Moorefield/Mourfield/Mofield (etc.) family--I hope you will be able
        to attend the Homecoming.

        I have John Henry as you do--son of Wiley & Cary (Vaughn) MFLD. John
        Henry apparently married 3 times: Susan Simmons 15 jan 1855
        Pittsylvania, VA; Elizabeth Milam 2 mar 1865 Caswell Co, NC; Julia
        Ann Holt 25 feb 1873 Caswell Co, NC. It was probably Susan who
        brought the charge of bigamy and we don't know whether he was found
        guilty or not.

        I show Susan (Simmons) MFLD with 4 children: Alexander Ellis b.
        @1856; John J. b. @1860; Willie Ann b. @1867; Mary E. b. @1878.
        Susan married Josiah W. Richardson 15 sep 1878 Pittsylvania, VA.
        Based on the estimated DoBs (from census records) and the marriage
        dates, it appears that Alexander Ellis and John J. could be John
        Henry's children. However, John Henry also had a son named John
        Harris b. @1865 by Elizabeth Milam. John Harris was living with
        John Henry & Julia (Holt) in 1880 Caswell (name looks like Morchfield
        on the census image).

        As for Martha Ellen MFLD Rowland... The various Susans have been
        very difficult to figure out, but I think her mother was Susan/Sarah
        Elizabeth Morefield, the daughter of William T. and Elizabeth
        (Powell) Morefield. Elizabeth Powell Moorefield died between 1850
        and 1860, and in 1860 the children were scattered among different
        households. The 1886 will of John W. Irby left $500 each to Martha
        Ellen Rowland and John A. Peter Mofield, children of Susan Mofield
        (Pittsylvania Co. Will Book 4, p. 398). Susan/Sarah apparently never
        married, but had 5 children. She was named as Sarah E. in 1850,
        Elizabeth in 1860 (after her mother's death), and Susan or Susie
        after that. In 1900 she was living with Martha Ellen & Thomas
        Rowland, listed as single, 5 children, 3 still living. Her death
        certificate names her as Susan E. Moorefield, father William
        Moorefield, mother unknown by the informant. In 1910 she was living
        with her brother, John R. Moorefield, named as sister, single age
        73. He is established as the son of William T. & Elizabeth by his
        marriage record (and census records). Also, by the time the John
        Irby will was entered and probated in 1886, Susan Simmons had been
        married to Josiah W. Richardson for 8 years. In 1870, Martha, age
        7, was living with William T., who had married Mary J. Barrett in
        1869--I think this Martha was Martha Ellen, living with her
        grandfather. Susan/Sarah and one of her brothers were living with
        Mary J. Barrett in 1860.

        In 1900 Susan (nee Simmons) Richardson was living in the Dan River
        District of Pittsylvania Co. with husband Josiah Richardson. In the
        household was Willie Ann Hardy, who was Willie Ann Moorefield, Susan
        Simmon's daughter. Willie Ann's marriage record names her parents as
        Henry Morefield and Susan Richardson. Willie Ann was b. @1867.

        In 1900 the other Susan was living in the Staunton River District
        of Pittsylvania Co. with Thomas and Martha Ellen Rowland, designated
        as mother-in-law.

        We pieced this together through marriage and census records, plus the
        Irby will, Susan's death record, etc. Both of these Susans were
        born @1836/1840, making it even more difficult. If you have
        information that contradicts this or to add to this, please let us know!

      • WILLIAM FRANK MOOREFIELD, III
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 2, 2007
          --- In MOREFIELDHOMEPLACE@yahoogroups.com, Michael Barbour
          <starcityboy1977@...> wrote:

          > I have enjoyed all the entries and I have learned alot. I am related
          to the Moorefields through John Henry Moorefield the bigamist and his
          first wife Susan. They had Alexander before he ran off and I am
          related through him on my mothers father's side. Then Susan had Martha
          Ellen Moorefield Rowland after John ran off and I am related to her
          through my mother's mother. I know John Henry is the son of Wiley S.
          Moorefield and Cary Vaughan and I am not sure of much else, My
          Moorefield banch is very confusing. Anyway, if you have anything to
          add to my line I would like to hear from you, also I enjoy family
          reunions, I'm not sure if my line is part of your event but if so I
          would like to attend.
          > Sincerely, Michael Barbour

          Hi Michael, I'll second Pat and welcome you to our group. There is
          no document we have found which states the names of Wiley's parents,
          but at the time of his birth, about 1801, there were no Morefield
          families in Pittsylvania County; they all lived around the Scottsburg
          area of Halifax County, Va., with the exception of the few in the
          western counties of North Carolina, and one or two in Patrick County,
          Va.
          From study of the makeup of families that we know, it seems that
          Moore and Reitty Morefield were the most likely parents of Wiley. I'll
          refer you to message no. 4300 of this message board for more info.

          I hope you can make it to the Homecoming. I don't think you will
          see more Moorefields in one place at the same time.

          Also, if you have more data on your line, that's what this board is
          for. Please feel free to add any more you know. In the search block,
          you can type in a name, such as Wiley, or John Henry, and all the
          messages that have that name will appear.

          Again, thanks for your post, and we look forward to meeting you in
          July. Bill Moorefield in Martinsville, Va.
          > "
        • Michael Barbour
          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 2, 2007
            I am so glad to work with you all, I have started with this before however I have been the care giver for my sister and not had time to work on family history as much. She passed away three weeks ago so I have a bit more time. Anyway about this Moorefield madness, haha. We have two Susan Elizabeth Moorefields both being born about 1836 in Pittsylvania County, VA. One Susan being born to the parents of William T. Moorefield and Elizabeth Powell and the other being a Simmons and daughter of James and Mildred.

            Susan Simmons Moorefield and John Henry Moorefield had Alexander Ellis Moorefield, John J. Moorefield, and maybe a Willie and a Littleton. John J. Moorefield married Josephine Dodson 24 Nov 1877 at Kentuck meeting house.
            Alexander Moorefield was born Nov 1859 and died 6 November 1925 and he married Tabitha Virginia Tate 1 April 1877, all this taking place in Pittsylvania County. Alexander and Tabitha had several children including Cora Alice Moorefield, Cora married James Walter Fitzgerald. James and Cora had several children including George Thomas Fitzgerald, George is my mother's father.

            The other Susan Elizabeth Moorefield daughter of William T. Moorefield and Elizabeth Powell from what I have gathered was never married all though did have at least three children with who some say as being John "Jake" Irby this would explain the will findings,
            1. Martha Ellen Moorefield born 22 June 1862 and died 13 Nov 1935 and married John Thomas Rowland 15 March 1883
            2. Mary Cornelius "Molly" Moorefield born 18 Nov 1867 and died 10 Dec 1956 and married James Clark Booth
            3. James/John Albert Moorefield married Hollie Whittmore

            Martha Ellen Moorefield and John Thomas Rowland was the parents of Jesse Lee Dodson Rowland who married Fannie Elizabeth Keen. Jesse and Fannie had several children including my mother's mother Nannie Ella Rowland Fitzgerald.

            Mary "Molly" Moorefield and James Booth had at least one daught Cassie Booth Hollie who was a close friend of my grandmother and my Aunt Frances. This basic information came from Cassie Booth.

            As you can see this whole Moorefield line with these Susan Elizabeth women is hard to understand. This is what I have gathered from what you have sent and from what I have in my books. Please by all means add to all this I would like to have it as staright as I can. I have a picture of Susan Elizabeth Moorefield and her three children Martha, Mary, and James/John Albert if anyone is interested in haveing them. I also have a picture of John Henry's son Alexander Ellis Moorefield and his wife Tabitha.

            Since I have come across this information about William T. Moorefield and Elizabeth Powell I am going to start working on what I can find and look forward to working on all this with this group and you Pat. Till next time.
            Michael

            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 2, 2007
              Descendants of John Moorefield

              Generation No. 1

              1. JOHN2 MOOREFIELD (JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born in Virginia, and died 1751 in Lunenburg Co., VA.
              Notes for JOHN MOOREFIELD:
              The first Morefield ancestor to arrive in North America is thought to be John Morefield, who came to Virginia from England under England's Headright System.
              Thomas Riding paid the passage for John Morefield and 19 others, who arrived on Virginia's Eastern Shore in April 1666. This John Morefield was the only person named Morefield in his group, and there apparently were no brothers or other family members with him.
              In New Kent County, Virginia, in the church registry of St. Peter's Parish, there is recorded the death of John Morefield on February 18, 1688.
              Source: William F. Moorefield III

              Child of JOHN MOOREFIELD is:
              2. i. EDWARD3 MOOREFIELD, b. Halifax County, VA; d. Abt. 1785, Halifax County, VA.

              Generation No. 2

              2. EDWARD3 MOOREFIELD (JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born in Halifax County, VA, and died Abt. 1785 in Halifax County, VA. He married ALSE.

              Child of EDWARD MOOREFIELD and ALSE is:
              3. i. JOHN4 MOOREFIELD, SR, b. 1762, Halifax County, VA; d. 1812, Halifax County, VA.

              Generation No. 3

              3. JOHN4 MOOREFIELD, SR (EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born 1762 in Halifax County, VA, and died 1812 in Halifax County, VA. He married MARTHA PATSEY -?-. She died 1815 in Halifax County, VA.

              Child of JOHN MOOREFIELD and MARTHA -?- is:
              4. i. WRIGHT5 MOOREFIELD, b. 1763, Halifax County, VA.

              Generation No. 4

              4. WRIGHT5 MOOREFIELD (JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born 1763 in Halifax County, VA. He married NANCY STEVENS December 12, 1785 in Halifax County, VA.

              Children of WRIGHT MOOREFIELD and NANCY STEVENS are:
              5. i. JOHN W.6 MOOREFIELD, b. 1790, Halifax County, VA.
              6. ii. WILEY S. MOOREFIELD, b. Abt. 1801; d. Abt. 1877.

              Generation No. 5

              5. JOHN W.6 MOOREFIELD (WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born 1790 in Halifax County, VA. He married SALLY POWELL December 12, 1810 in Halifax County, VA.

              Child of JOHN MOOREFIELD and SALLY POWELL is:
              7. i. WILLIAM THOMAS "BILLY"7 MOOREFIELD, b. 1814, Halifax County, VA; d. 1880.

              6. WILEY S.6 MOOREFIELD (WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born Abt. 1801, and died Abt. 1877. He married CARY VAUGHN.

              Child of WILEY MOOREFIELD and CARY VAUGHN is:
              8. i. JOHN HENRY7 MOOREFIELD, b. Abt. 1834; d. Abt. 1878.

              Generation No. 6

              7. WILLIAM THOMAS "BILLY"7 MOOREFIELD (JOHN W.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born 1814 in Halifax County, VA, and died 1880. He married ELIZABETH S. POWELL. She was born 1818, and died Bet. 1850 - 1860.

              Child of WILLIAM MOOREFIELD and ELIZABETH POWELL is:
              9. i. SUSAN ELIZABETH8 MOOREFIELD, b. Abt. 1836, Halifax, VA; d. July 04, 1914, Halifax, VA.

              8. JOHN HENRY7 MOOREFIELD (WILEY S.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born Abt. 1834, and died Abt. 1878. He married SUSAN SIMMONS, daughter of JAMES SIMMONS and MILDRED -?-.

              Child of JOHN MOOREFIELD and SUSAN SIMMONS is:
              10. i. ALEXANDER ELLIS8 MOOREFIELD, b. Abt. 1858; d. November 15, 1925.

              Generation No. 7

              9. SUSAN ELIZABETH8 MOOREFIELD (WILLIAM THOMAS "BILLY"7, JOHN W.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born Abt. 1836 in Halifax, VA, and died July 04, 1914 in Halifax, VA. She married (1) JOHN MOOREFIELD.

              Child of SUSAN ELIZABETH MOOREFIELD is:
              11. i. MARTHA ELLEN9 MOOREFIELD, b. January 22, 1862, Pitts. Co., VA; d. November 13, 1935, Pitts. Co., VA.

              10. ALEXANDER ELLIS8 MOOREFIELD (JOHN HENRY7, WILEY S.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born Abt. 1858, and died November 15, 1925. He married TABITHA VIRGINIA TATE, daughter of MARTHA TATE. She was born July 10, 1860, and died March 30, 1911.

              Child of ALEXANDER MOOREFIELD and TABITHA TATE is:
              12. i. CORA ALICE9 MOOREFIELD, b. March 06, 1880, Laurel-Grove, VA; d. February 01, 1962, South Boston, Halifax Co., VA.

              Generation No. 8

              11. MARTHA ELLEN9 MOOREFIELD (SUSAN ELIZABETH8, WILLIAM THOMAS "BILLY"7, JOHN W.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born January 22, 1862 in Pitts. Co., VA, and died November 13, 1935 in Pitts. Co., VA. She married JOHN THOMAS ROWLAND March 15, 1883 in Pitts. Co., VA, son of JESSE ROWLAND and NELLY BARRETT. He was born May 27, 1862 in Pitts. Co., VA, and died November 07, 1932 in Pitts. Co., VA.
              More About MARTHA ELLEN MOOREFIELD:
              Burial: Rowland-Pierce Cemetery, Pitts. Co., VA
              More About JOHN THOMAS ROWLAND:
              Baptism (LDS): October 10, 1947
              Burial: Rowland-Pierce Cemetery, Pitts. Co., VA
              Endowment (LDS): October 17, 1947

              Children of MARTHA MOOREFIELD and JOHN ROWLAND are:
              i. MARY SUE10 ROWLAND, b. July 02, 1884, Pitts. Co., VA; d. March 03, 1916, Pitts. Co., VA.
              13. ii. JOHN WILLIAM ROWLAND, b. January 21, 1887, Pitts. Co., VA; d. August 05, 1966, Pitts. Co., VA.
              14. iii. JESSE LEE DODSON ROWLAND, b. June 04, 1892, Level-Run, Pitts. Co., VA; d. March 31, 1931, Level-Run, Pitts. Co., VA.
              iv. NELLIE GRACIE ROWLAND, b. December 01, 1895, Pitts. Co., VA; d. June 17, 1969, Pitts. Co., VA.

              12. CORA ALICE9 MOOREFIELD (ALEXANDER ELLIS8, JOHN HENRY7, WILEY S.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born March 06, 1880 in Laurel-Grove, VA, and died February 01, 1962 in South Boston, Halifax Co., VA. She married JAMES WALTER FITZGERALD February 26, 1899, son of GEORGE FITZGERALD and BARBARA HUDSON. He was born May 03, 1876 in Patrick Co., VA, and died November 06, 1956 in South Boston, Halifax Co., VA.
              More About CORA ALICE MOOREFIELD:
              Burial: February 1962, Fitzgerald Homplace, Pitts., Co., VA
              More About JAMES WALTER FITZGERALD:
              Burial: November 1956, Fitzgerald Homeplace, Pitts., Co., VA

              Children of CORA MOOREFIELD and JAMES FITZGERALD are:
              i. JAMES WALTER10 FITZGERALD, b. December 01, 1899.
              ii. CHARLIE DANIEL FITZGERALD, b. February 17, 1902.
              iii. MINNIE SUE FITZGERALD, b. August 18, 1904.
              iv. JOSEPHINE FITZGERALD, b. December 07, 1915.
              15. v. GEORGE THOMAS FITZGERALD, b. November 21, 1918, Cascade/Wenondia, Pitts. Co., VA; d. January 21, 1994, Gretna, Pitts. Co., VA.
              vi. MARY ELIZABETH FITZGERALD, b. May 31, 1921.

              Generation No. 9

              13. JOHN WILLIAM10 ROWLAND (MARTHA ELLEN9 MOOREFIELD, SUSAN ELIZABETH8, WILLIAM THOMAS "BILLY"7, JOHN W.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born January 21, 1887 in Pitts. Co., VA, and died August 05, 1966 in Pitts. Co., VA. He married NANNIE ELIZABETH "AUNT BET" EANES January 13, 1907 in Pitts. Co., VA, daughter of WILLIAM EANES and MARTHA LANE. She was born June 20, 1887 in Pitts. Co., VA, and died July 09, 1978 in Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.
              More About JOHN WILLIAM ROWLAND:
              Burial: Highland Burial Park
              More About NANNIE ELIZABETH "AUNT BET" EANES:
              Burial: Highland Burial Park

              Child of JOHN ROWLAND and NANNIE EANES is:
              i. ELSIE WREATH11 ROWLAND, b. August 07, 1929.

              14. JESSE LEE DODSON10 ROWLAND (MARTHA ELLEN9 MOOREFIELD, SUSAN ELIZABETH8, WILLIAM THOMAS "BILLY"7, JOHN W.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born June 04, 1892 in Level-Run, Pitts. Co., VA, and died March 31, 1931 in Level-Run, Pitts. Co., VA. He married FANNIE ELIZABETH BOOTH KEEN December 30, 1915 in Gretna, Pitts. Co., VA, daughter of JESSE KEEN and NANNIE WOODSON. She was born February 24, 1896 in Brutus, Pitts. Co., VA, and died September 08, 1956 in Level-Run, Pitts. Co., VA.
              Notes for JESSE LEE DODSON ROWLAND:
              Sealed to Spouse, Washington
              Jesse and Fannie were married in Gretna by Thomas J. Hudson.
              Jesse was tall and slender with light hair and blue eyes.
              More About JESSE LEE DODSON ROWLAND:
              Baptism (LDS): February 19, 1993, Washington
              Burial: April 01, 1931, Old Home Place Level-Run, Pitts. Co., VA
              Endowment (LDS): February 20, 1993, Washington
              Sealed to parents (LDS): February 20, 1993, Washington
              Notes for FANNIE ELIZABETH BOOTH KEEN:
              Passed away at 1:35am at home.
              More About FANNIE ELIZABETH BOOTH KEEN:
              Baptism (LDS): September 12, 1909, Baptized by W.H. Simmons
              Burial: September 1956, Old Home Place Level-Run, Pitts. Co., VA
              Confirmation (LDS): September 12, 1909, By Levi C. Parker
              Endowment (LDS): January 19, 1958
              Sealed to parents (LDS): April 27, 1971, Arizona

              Children of JESSE ROWLAND and FANNIE KEEN are:
              16. i. ARTHUR ANDERSON11 ROWLAND, b. January 18, 1917, Level-Run, Pitts. Co., VA; d. October 17, 2006, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.
              17. ii. GARLAND ROWLAND, b. August 06, 1918, Level-Run, Pitts. Co., VA; d. January 12, 1995, Altavista, Campbell, Co., VA.
              18. iii. NANNIE ELLA ROWLAND, b. August 15, 1920, Level-Run, Pitts. Co., VA; d. September 30, 1986, Lynchburg, VA.
              19. iv. ROYACE JAMES ROWLAND, b. July 18, 1922, Level-Run, Pitts. Co., VA; d. October 03, 1966, Pitts. Co., VA.
              20. v. FLOSSIE ADELLE ROWLAND, b. May 17, 1924, Level-Run, Pitts. Co., VA; d. April 22, 1997, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.
              21. vi. CHARLIE THOMAS ROWLAND, b. March 01, 1926, Level-Run, Pitts. Co., VA; d. May 31, 1979, Campbell Co., VA.
              22. vii. WILMOUTH IRENE ROWLAND, b. October 12, 1928, Level-Run, Pitts. Co., VA; d. March 16, 2005, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.
              23. viii. SHIRLEY ROWLAND, b. August 22, 1930, Level-Run, Pitts. Co., VA.

              15. GEORGE THOMAS10 FITZGERALD (CORA ALICE9 MOOREFIELD, ALEXANDER ELLIS8, JOHN HENRY7, WILEY S.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born November 21, 1918 in Cascade/Wenondia, Pitts. Co., VA, and died January 21, 1994 in Gretna, Pitts. Co., VA. He married NANNIE ELLA ROWLAND November 06, 1937 in Chatham, Pitts. Co., VA, daughter of JESSE ROWLAND and FANNIE KEEN. She was born August 15, 1920 in Level-Run, Pitts. Co., VA, and died September 30, 1986 in Lynchburg, VA.
              Notes for GEORGE THOMAS FITZGERALD:
              George was ordained to the office of Priest in the Aaronic Priesthood June 6, 1982 by Reginald B. Craft.
              George was ordained to the office of Elder in the Melchizedek Priesthood March 6, 1983 by Clifford A. Marquis.
              George and Ella were married in Chatham by H.B. Hardaway.
              More About GEORGE THOMAS FITZGERALD:
              Baptism (LDS): March 26, 1982, Baptized by John Asa Hall
              Burial: January 23, 1994, Gretna Burial Park, Gretna, Pitts. Co., VA
              Social Security Number: 223-26-8081
              Notes for NANNIE ELLA ROWLAND:
              Sealed to Spouse, Washington
              More About NANNIE ELLA ROWLAND:
              Baptism (LDS): August 02, 1934, Baptized by Ralph C. Trejo
              Burial: October 02, 1986, Gretna Burial Park, Gretna, Pitts. Co., VA
              Endowment (LDS): February 02, 1993, Washington, DC

              Children of GEORGE FITZGERALD and NANNIE ROWLAND are:
              24. i. PATSY ANN11 FITZGERALD, b. February 11, 1939, Sycamore, Pitts. Co., VA.
              25. ii. MELBA JANE FITZGERALD, b. May 02, 1945, Sycamore, Pitts. Co., VA.
              26. iii. VIRGINIA FRANCES FITZGERALD, b. August 08, 1946, Sycamore, Pitts. Co., VA.

              Generation No. 10

              16. ARTHUR ANDERSON11 ROWLAND (JESSE LEE DODSON10, MARTHA ELLEN9 MOOREFIELD, SUSAN ELIZABETH8, WILLIAM THOMAS "BILLY"7, JOHN W.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born January 18, 1917 in Level-Run, Pitts. Co., VA, and died October 17, 2006 in Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA. He married ELMA LUCILLE CHILDRESS June 01, 1956 in Pitts. Co., VA, daughter of JOHN CHILDRESS and LIZZIE NEAL. She was born March 05, 1917 in Halifax, VA.
              More About ARTHUR ANDERSON ROWLAND:
              Burial: October 20, 2006, Glenland Road at old homeplace, Pitts. Co., VA
              Notes for ELMA LUCILLE CHILDRESS:
              Lucille has five children from her first marriage to John Board Goodman, I, John died in 1950. Arthur raised the children as his own.

              Children of ARTHUR ROWLAND and ELMA CHILDRESS are:
              27. i. DORIS MARIE12 GOODMAN, b. August 17, 1942, Campbell Co., VA.
              ii. ROGER LEE GOODMAN, b. September 04, 1944, Campbell Co., VA; m. BILLIE JEAN OWEN, March 03, 1966, Pitts. Co., VA.
              iii. VERA LEE GOODMAN, b. July 13, 1946, Campbell Co., VA; m. JOHN DAVID NEAL, February 12, 1965; b. April 12, 1944.
              28. iv. JOHN BOARD GOODMAN II, b. July 07, 1948, Campbell Co., VA; d. August 14, 1993, Pearson Co., NC.
              v. SHIRLEY MAE GOODMAN, b. May 03, 1950, Campbell Co., VA; m. DAVID WAYNE HALL, June 01, 1974, Pitts. Co., VA.

              17. GARLAND11 ROWLAND (JESSE LEE DODSON10, MARTHA ELLEN9 MOOREFIELD, SUSAN ELIZABETH8, WILLIAM THOMAS "BILLY"7, JOHN W.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born August 06, 1918 in Level-Run, Pitts. Co., VA, and died January 12, 1995 in Altavista, Campbell, Co., VA. He married CHRISTINE WILMOUTH WOODSON October 21, 1939 in Pitts. Co., VA, daughter of JESSIE WOODSON and NANNIE BAILESS. She was born November 02, 1921 in Pitts. Co., VA.
              More About GARLAND ROWLAND:
              Burial: January 02, 1996, Altavista Memorial Park, Altavista, VA

              Children of GARLAND ROWLAND and CHRISTINE WOODSON are:
              29. i. NANCY LOUISE12 TRENT, b. September 04, 1939, Gretna, VA.
              30. ii. JOAN MARIE ROWLAND, b. April 16, 1953, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.

              18. NANNIE ELLA11 ROWLAND (JESSE LEE DODSON10, MARTHA ELLEN9 MOOREFIELD, SUSAN ELIZABETH8, WILLIAM THOMAS "BILLY"7, JOHN W.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born August 15, 1920 in Level-Run, Pitts. Co., VA, and died September 30, 1986 in Lynchburg, VA. She married GEORGE THOMAS FITZGERALD November 06, 1937 in Chatham, Pitts. Co., VA, son of JAMES FITZGERALD and CORA MOOREFIELD. He was born November 21, 1918 in Cascade/Wenondia, Pitts. Co., VA, and died January 21, 1994 in Gretna, Pitts. Co., VA.
              Notes for NANNIE ELLA ROWLAND:
              Sealed to Spouse, Washington
              More About NANNIE ELLA ROWLAND:
              Baptism (LDS): August 02, 1934, Baptized by Ralph C. Trejo
              Burial: October 02, 1986, Gretna Burial Park, Gretna, Pitts. Co., VA
              Endowment (LDS): February 02, 1993, Washington, DC
              Notes for GEORGE THOMAS FITZGERALD:
              George was ordained to the office of Priest in the Aaronic Priesthood June 6, 1982 by Reginald B. Craft.
              George was ordained to the office of Elder in the Melchizedek Priesthood March 6, 1983 by Clifford A. Marquis.
              George and Ella were married in Chatham by H.B. Hardaway.
              More About GEORGE THOMAS FITZGERALD:
              Baptism (LDS): March 26, 1982, Baptized by John Asa Hall
              Burial: January 23, 1994, Gretna Burial Park, Gretna, Pitts. Co., VA
              Social Security Number: 223-26-8081

              Children are listed above under (15) George Thomas Fitzgerald.
              19. ROYACE JAMES11 ROWLAND (JESSE LEE DODSON10, MARTHA ELLEN9 MOOREFIELD, SUSAN ELIZABETH8, WILLIAM THOMAS "BILLY"7, JOHN W.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born July 18, 1922 in Level-Run, Pitts. Co., VA, and died October 03, 1966 in Pitts. Co., VA. He married CHLOE HAZEL HINES May 23, 1944 in Pitts. Co., VA. She was born December 25, 1927 in Pitts. Co., VA, and died December 23, 1995 in Pitts. Co., VA.
              More About ROYACE JAMES ROWLAND:
              Baptism (LDS): February 02, 1993, Washington, DC
              Burial: October 05, 1966, Gretna Burial Park, Gretna, VA
              Endowment (LDS): February 02, 1993, Washington, DC
              Sealed to parents (LDS): February 02, 1993, Washington, DC
              More About CHLOE HAZEL HINES:
              Burial: December 1995, Gretna Burial Park, Gretna, VA

              Child of ROYACE ROWLAND and CHLOE HINES is:
              i. ROYACE JAMES12 ROWLAND, JR, b. March 18, 1945, Pitts. Co., VA; d. September 20, 2001, Pitts. Co., VA; m. (1) ZADIE FRACIS; m. (2) DIANE.
              More About ROYACE JAMES ROWLAND, JR:
              Burial: September 2001, Gretna Burial Park, Gretna, VA

              20. FLOSSIE ADELLE11 ROWLAND (JESSE LEE DODSON10, MARTHA ELLEN9 MOOREFIELD, SUSAN ELIZABETH8, WILLIAM THOMAS "BILLY"7, JOHN W.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born May 17, 1924 in Level-Run, Pitts. Co., VA, and died April 22, 1997 in Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA. She married (1) CALVIN ANDERSON DALTON December 31, 1946 in Pitts. Co., VA, son of JABE DALTON and CARRIE MCCALLAHAN. He was born May 20, 1919 in Sycamore, Pitts. Co., VA. She married (2) WARREN EDWARD RUETER November 05, 1952 in New Port News, VA, son of PAUL RUETER and EDITH REYNOLDS. He was born June 19, 1930 in Ripley City, Madison Co., Indiana.
              Notes for FLOSSIE ADELLE ROWLAND:
              Sealed to Spouse, Washington, DC
              More About FLOSSIE ADELLE ROWLAND:
              Baptism (LDS): October 21, 1945
              Burial: April 24, 1997, Gretna Burial Park, Gretna, VA
              More About WARREN EDWARD RUETER:
              Baptism (LDS): September 12, 1964

              Child of FLOSSIE ROWLAND and CALVIN DALTON is:
              31. i. MARIETTA12 DALTON, b. April 22, 1949, Pitts. Co., VA.

              Child of FLOSSIE ROWLAND and WARREN RUETER is:
              32. ii. DINIA SUE12 RUETER, b. May 07, 1956, Ripley City, Madison Co., Indiana.

              21. CHARLIE THOMAS11 ROWLAND (JESSE LEE DODSON10, MARTHA ELLEN9 MOOREFIELD, SUSAN ELIZABETH8, WILLIAM THOMAS "BILLY"7, JOHN W.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born March 01, 1926 in Level-Run, Pitts. Co., VA, and died May 31, 1979 in Campbell Co., VA. He married CORRINE ODELL DALTON January 01, 1950 in Chatham, Pitts. Co., VA, daughter of WHIT DALTON and ZEFFIE TALBERT. She was born August 03, 1933 in Halifax, VA, and died April 18, 1997 in Campbell Co., VA.
              More About CHARLIE THOMAS ROWLAND:
              Baptism (LDS): February 02, 1993, Washington
              Burial: June 02, 1979, Homeplace of Jesse Lee Dodson Rowland, Level-Run, Pitts. Co., VA
              Divorced: July 28, 1978
              Endowment (LDS): February 02, 1993, Washington
              Sealed to parents (LDS): February 02, 1993, Washington
              More About CORRINE ODELL DALTON:
              Burial: April 20, 1997, Mulberry Baptist Church, Pitts. Co., VA

              Children of CHARLIE ROWLAND and CORRINE DALTON are:
              i. DORA MAE12 ROWLAND, b. December 02, 1950, Altavista, Campbell Co., VA; m. JAMES ROBERT MITCHELL, August 25, 1984; b. August 24, 1955, VA.
              ii. ROGER LEE ROWLAND, b. August 17, 1952, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.
              iii. THOMAS EDWARD ROWLAND, b. June 20, 1953, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA; m. SHIRLEY BOGGUS.
              iv. DONALD DAN ROWLAND, b. June 23, 1965, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.
              33. v. ELIZABETH ANN ROWLAND, b. June 23, 1965, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.
              34. vi. AMANDA FAYE ROWLAND, b. September 11, 1973, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.

              22. WILMOUTH IRENE11 ROWLAND (JESSE LEE DODSON10, MARTHA ELLEN9 MOOREFIELD, SUSAN ELIZABETH8, WILLIAM THOMAS "BILLY"7, JOHN W.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born October 12, 1928 in Level-Run, Pitts. Co., VA, and died March 16, 2005 in Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA. She married LAWRENCE "COMP" PICKERAL August 01, 1947 in Pitts. Co., VA, son of MATTHEW PICKERAL and LEANNA DALTON. He was born December 20, 1911 in Pitts. Co., VA, and died February 26, 2000 in Salem, VA.
              More About WILMOUTH IRENE ROWLAND:
              Baptism (LDS): September 03, 1977
              Burial: March 18, 2005, Gretna Burial Park, Gretna, VA
              Endowment (LDS): April 28, 1992, Washington
              Sealed to parents (LDS): April 28, 1992, Washington
              More About LAWRENCE "COMP" PICKERAL:
              Burial: February 28, 2000, Gretna Burial Park, Gretna, VA
              Military service: 1944, Army, Korean War

              Child of WILMOUTH ROWLAND and LAWRENCE PICKERAL is:
              35. i. BONNIE LOU12 PICKERAL, b. July 02, 1948, Hurt, Pitts. Co., VA.

              23. SHIRLEY11 ROWLAND (JESSE LEE DODSON10, MARTHA ELLEN9 MOOREFIELD, SUSAN ELIZABETH8, WILLIAM THOMAS "BILLY"7, JOHN W.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born August 22, 1930 in Level-Run, Pitts. Co., VA. He married (1) RUTH BERNICE MOOREFIELD December 22, 1952 in Chatham, Pitts. Co., VA, daughter of GILES MOOREFIELD and MAGDELINE CLAY. She was born April 29, 1934 in Pitts. Co., VA. He married (2) REBECCA BARKER July 02, 1977. She died October 17, 1980. He married (3) HELAN REBECCA TOMLIN May 16, 1986, daughter of VOOHIES TOMLIN and ANITA REYNOLDS. She was born August 10, 1924.

              Children of SHIRLEY ROWLAND and RUTH MOOREFIELD are:
              i. JUDY ANN12 ROWLAND, b. October 12, 1953, Altavista, Campbell Co., VA; d. October 30, 1972, Hurt, Pitts. Co., VA; m. KENNETH WAYNE CREWS, November 01, 1969, Dillon, NC; b. September 14, 1952.
              More About JUDY ANN ROWLAND:
              Burial: November 1972, Altavista Memorial Park, Altavista, VA
              36. ii. ROBIN DALE ROWLAND, b. March 15, 1957, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.

              24. PATSY ANN11 FITZGERALD (GEORGE THOMAS10, CORA ALICE9 MOOREFIELD, ALEXANDER ELLIS8, JOHN HENRY7, WILEY S.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born February 11, 1939 in Sycamore, Pitts. Co., VA. She married CLYDE EDWARD QUEEN April 04, 1958 in York Co., SC, son of RAYMOND QUEEN and WINNIE LEWIS. He was born August 20, 1932 in Surry Co., NC.

              Children of PATSY FITZGERALD and CLYDE QUEEN are:
              i. CLYDE EDWARD12 QUEEN, b. February 04, 1959, Danville, Pitts., Co., VA; d. February 14, 1959, Danville, Pitts., Co., VA.
              37. ii. MARTHA ANN QUEEN, b. December 01, 1962, Danville, Pitts., Co., VA.
              38. iii. LAURIE QUEEN, b. October 25, 1969, Danville, Pitts., Co., VA.

              25. MELBA JANE11 FITZGERALD (GEORGE THOMAS10, CORA ALICE9 MOOREFIELD, ALEXANDER ELLIS8, JOHN HENRY7, WILEY S.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born May 02, 1945 in Sycamore, Pitts. Co., VA. She married LARRY EUGENE BARBOUR September 07, 1963 in First Baptist Church of Altavista, Campbell Co., VA, son of RICHARD BARBOUR and ZULA DILLON. He was born October 19, 1944 in Danville, Pitts. Co., VA, and died March 09, 1987 in Lynch Station, Campbell Co., VA.
              More About MELBA JANE FITZGERALD:
              Baptism: November 08, 1961, Roanoke, VA by Elder Despain
              Education: CNA in 1995
              Medical Information: Tirple By-pass in October 1996
              Notes for LARRY EUGENE BARBOUR:
              The family was in a car accident in 1974 which left Penny's right arm paralyzed. The Family endured a house fire in 1970, the home was a total loss.
              Larry was born at 1:30am
              Larry and Melba married by James H. Slatton
              More About LARRY EUGENE BARBOUR:
              Baptism: Leesville United Methodist Church
              Burial: March 12, 1987, Leesville Methodist Church Cemetery, Leesville, Campbell Co., VA
              Cause of Death: Natural Causes
              Medical Information: Stroke that paralized his left side in 1984.
              Occupation: Klopman Mills
              Social Security Number: 225-58-6853

              Children of MELBA FITZGERALD and LARRY BARBOUR are:
              39. i. PATTY LYNN12 BARBOUR, b. January 19, 1965, Lynchburg, Co., VA.
              40. ii. PENNY FRANCES BARBOUR, b. September 17, 1967, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA; d. March 12, 2007, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.
              iii. MICHAEL EUGENE BARBOUR, b. March 31, 1977, Lynchburg, Co., VA.
              Notes for MICHAEL EUGENE BARBOUR:
              Born at Virginia Baptist Hospital at 12:53am, delivered by Dr. Ralph Slusher.
              (This is me, contact me anytime about questions)

              26. VIRGINIA FRANCES11 FITZGERALD (GEORGE THOMAS10, CORA ALICE9 MOOREFIELD, ALEXANDER ELLIS8, JOHN HENRY7, WILEY S.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born August 08, 1946 in Sycamore, Pitts. Co., VA. She married BARNEY LEE SHELHORSE July 24, 1974 in Gretna, Pitts. Co., VA, son of HUGH SHELHORSE and MARY JOHNSON. He was born February 03, 1943 in Danville, Pitts., Co., VA.
              More About VIRGINIA FRANCES FITZGERALD:
              Baptism (LDS): March 31, 1961

              Children of VIRGINIA FITZGERALD and BARNEY SHELHORSE are:
              41. i. ELIZABETH ANN12 SHELHORSE, b. November 12, 1976.
              ii. SARAH FRANCES SHELHORSE, b. November 22, 1978, Danville, Pitts. Co., VA; m. AARON BRADLEY WILLIAMS, August 22, 1998, Gretna, Pitts. Co., VA.
              More About SARAH FRANCES SHELHORSE:
              Baptism (LDS): March 20, 1987

              Generation No. 11

              27. DORIS MARIE12 GOODMAN (ARTHUR ANDERSON11 ROWLAND, JESSE LEE DODSON10, MARTHA ELLEN9 MOOREFIELD, SUSAN ELIZABETH8, WILLIAM THOMAS "BILLY"7, JOHN W.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born August 17, 1942 in Campbell Co., VA. She married RUSSELL SIMPSON. He was born September 1944.

              Children of DORIS GOODMAN and RUSSELL SIMPSON are:
              i. SHELIA KAY13 SIMPSON, b. December 06, 1959, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA; m. GARY WAYNE PIPPIN.
              ii. YVONNE MARY SIMPSON, b. October 24, 1962, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.

              28. JOHN BOARD12 GOODMAN II (ARTHUR ANDERSON11 ROWLAND, JESSE LEE DODSON10, MARTHA ELLEN9 MOOREFIELD, SUSAN ELIZABETH8, WILLIAM THOMAS "BILLY"7, JOHN W.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born July 07, 1948 in Campbell Co., VA, and died August 14, 1993 in Pearson Co., NC. He married WANDA CAREL PUCKETTE July 02, 1972 in Pitts. Co., VA, daughter of ? PUCKETTE and LEONA.
              More About JOHN BOARD GOODMAN II:
              Burial: August 17, 1993, Green Hill Cemetery, Danville, Pitts. Co., VA

              Children of JOHN GOODMAN and WANDA PUCKETTE are:
              42. i. JOHN BOARD13 GOODMAN III.
              ii. JAMIE BROCK GOODMAN.
              iii. AMANDA GOODMAN.

              29. NANCY LOUISE12 TRENT (GARLAND11 ROWLAND, JESSE LEE DODSON10, MARTHA ELLEN9 MOOREFIELD, SUSAN ELIZABETH8, WILLIAM THOMAS "BILLY"7, JOHN W.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born September 04, 1939 in Gretna, VA. She married RONNEY JAMES WYATT October 16, 1957 in Pitts. Co., VA, son of OCIE WYATT and MARY DALTON. He was born December 12, 1935.
              Notes for NANCY LOUISE TRENT:
              She was adopted in 1944, her birth parents are William McKinley Trent and Park Rowland

              Children of NANCY TRENT and RONNEY WYATT are:
              i. TIMOTHY JAMES13 WYATT, b. February 22, 1960, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA; m. (1) KIMBERLY GAYLE GIBSON; b. March 05, 1970, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA; m. (2) PAMILA DEW IRBY, March 14, 1981, Pitts. Co., VA.
              ii. CHRISTOPHER TODD WYATT, b. March 05, 1970; m. KAREN OWENS, 1988.

              30. JOAN MARIE12 ROWLAND (GARLAND11, JESSE LEE DODSON10, MARTHA ELLEN9 MOOREFIELD, SUSAN ELIZABETH8, WILLIAM THOMAS "BILLY"7, JOHN W.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born April 16, 1953 in Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA. She married RANDY LEE YOTZ January 03, 1976 in Pitts. Co., VA, son of MARK YONTZ and RUTH HARRISON. He was born November 09, 1954.

              Children of JOAN ROWLAND and RANDY YOTZ are:
              i. STEPHANIE MARIE13 YOTZ, b. November 27, 1979, Heidelburg, Hessen Co., Germany.
              ii. JEFFREY ADAM YOTZ, b. February 01, 1983, Fayetteville, NC.

              31. MARIETTA12 DALTON (FLOSSIE ADELLE11 ROWLAND, JESSE LEE DODSON10, MARTHA ELLEN9 MOOREFIELD, SUSAN ELIZABETH8, WILLIAM THOMAS "BILLY"7, JOHN W.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born April 22, 1949 in Pitts. Co., VA. She married (1) RONNIE JOE ELLINGTON October 06, 1972 in Pitts. Co., VA, son of W.L. ELLINGTON and GENEVA MOSES. He was born May 09, 1952 in Pitts. Co., VA. She married (2) STEVE LYNN FARRIS May 21, 1983 in Pitts. Co., VA, son of CURTIS FARRIS and PEGGY MAYS.
              More About MARIETTA DALTON:
              Baptism (LDS): April 07, 1962
              More About STEVE LYNN FARRIS:
              Baptism (LDS): April 04, 1970
              Divorced: 1991
              Sealed to parents (LDS): July 11, 1975

              Child of MARIETTA DALTON and RONNIE ELLINGTON is:
              43. i. GROVER LEE13 ELLINGTON, b. April 03, 1974, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.

              Child of MARIETTA DALTON and STEVE FARRIS is:
              ii. ANGELA DAWN13 FARRIS, b. July 02, 1983, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.

              32. DINIA SUE12 RUETER (FLOSSIE ADELLE11 ROWLAND, JESSE LEE DODSON10, MARTHA ELLEN9 MOOREFIELD, SUSAN ELIZABETH8, WILLIAM THOMAS "BILLY"7, JOHN W.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born May 07, 1956 in Ripley City, Madison Co., Indiana. She married WILLIAM RAY BELL March 10, 1973 in Pitts. Co., VA, son of WESLEY BELL and RUBY THACKER. He was born March 31, 1953 in Campbell Co., VA.
              More About DINIA SUE RUETER:
              Baptism (LDS): June 06, 1970

              Children of DINIA RUETER and WILLIAM BELL are:
              44. i. BRIAN SCOTT13 BELL, b. March 15, 1973, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.
              ii. BRANDY MARIE BELL, b. June 09, 1981, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA; m. STACEY COMPTON, June 1999, Chatham, Pitts. Co., VA.
              iii. WILLIAM WESLEY BELL, b. August 18, 1983, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.

              33. ELIZABETH ANN12 ROWLAND (CHARLIE THOMAS11, JESSE LEE DODSON10, MARTHA ELLEN9 MOOREFIELD, SUSAN ELIZABETH8, WILLIAM THOMAS "BILLY"7, JOHN W.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born June 23, 1965 in Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA. She married KENNETH WAYNE COMPTON September 08, 1981 in Straighstone, Pitts. Co., VA, son of WALTER COMPTON and LOUISE BARRETT. He was born February 18, 1961.

              Children of ELIZABETH ROWLAND and KENNETH COMPTON are:
              i. MELISSA ANN13 COMPTON, b. December 11, 1981, South Boston, VA.
              ii. JUSTIN WAYNE COMPTON, b. February 27, 1991, Danville, VA.

              34. AMANDA FAYE12 ROWLAND (CHARLIE THOMAS11, JESSE LEE DODSON10, MARTHA ELLEN9 MOOREFIELD, SUSAN ELIZABETH8, WILLIAM THOMAS "BILLY"7, JOHN W.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born September 11, 1973 in Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA. She married CAROL BILLY SEAMSTER, SR July 02, 1995 in Pitts. Co., VA.

              Children of AMANDA ROWLAND and CAROL SEAMSTER are:
              i. CARROL BILLY13 SEAMSTER, JR, b. June 18, 1996, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.
              ii. CODY JAMES SEAMSTER, b. 2000, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.

              35. BONNIE LOU12 PICKERAL (WILMOUTH IRENE11 ROWLAND, JESSE LEE DODSON10, MARTHA ELLEN9 MOOREFIELD, SUSAN ELIZABETH8, WILLIAM THOMAS "BILLY"7, JOHN W.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born July 02, 1948 in Hurt, Pitts. Co., VA. She married LARRY FRANKLIN HART July 06, 1969 in Riceville Baptist Church, Pitts. Co., VA, son of EARL HART and RUBY LAYNE. He was born September 28, 1946 in Rustburg, Campbell Co., VA.
              More About BONNIE LOU PICKERAL:
              Baptism (LDS): September 03, 1977
              Endowment (LDS): April 28, 1992, Washington
              More About LARRY FRANKLIN HART:
              Divorced: August 25, 1978

              Children of BONNIE PICKERAL and LARRY HART are:
              i. KIMBERLY NICHOLE13 HART, b. October 19, 1972, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA; m. JOHN EDWARD HILAND, April 02, 2005, Mt. Juliet, TN.
              45. ii. STEPHEN SCOTT HART, b. February 09, 1975, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.
              iii. UNNAMED HART, b. February 09, 1975, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA; d. February 09, 1975, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.
              46. iv. MATTHEW SMITH HART, b. October 30, 1976, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.

              36. ROBIN DALE12 ROWLAND (SHIRLEY11, JESSE LEE DODSON10, MARTHA ELLEN9 MOOREFIELD, SUSAN ELIZABETH8, WILLIAM THOMAS "BILLY"7, JOHN W.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born March 15, 1957 in Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA. She married (1) JESSE PAUL ADKINS March 31, 1972 in South Carolina. She married (2) TIMMY WITT May 01, 1982. She married (3) PHILLIP POPEK June 22, 1984. She married (4) RONALD BLANKS October 30, 1987. He died December 17, 1988. She married (5) MANURD EPPERSON Abt. 1990. She married (6) RICKY FARRIS Abt. 2005 in Campbell Co., VA.
              More About JESSE PAUL ADKINS:
              Divorced: April 07, 1979
              More About PHILLIP POPEK:
              Divorced: April 01, 1985

              Child of ROBIN ROWLAND and JESSE ADKINS is:
              47. i. JASON DEWAYNE13 ADKINS, b. May 31, 1976, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.

              37. MARTHA ANN12 QUEEN (PATSY ANN11 FITZGERALD, GEORGE THOMAS10, CORA ALICE9 MOOREFIELD, ALEXANDER ELLIS8, JOHN HENRY7, WILEY S.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born December 01, 1962 in Danville, Pitts., Co., VA. She married (1) JOHN WAYNE MARTIN April 24, 1982 in Pitts. Co., VA, son of JOHN MARTIN and CATHERINE KERSEY. He was born August 15, 1963 in Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA. She married (2) JOHN WAYNE MARTIN May 16, 1986 in Pitts. Co., VA. She married (3) JAMES MATHEW HARRUP, JR April 19, 1996. She married (4) TERRY JORDAN 2001.

              Children of MARTHA QUEEN and JOHN MARTIN are:
              i. JUSTIN MATTHEW13 MARTIN, b. December 23, 1986.
              ii. RACHEL ANN MARTIN, b. March 29, 1988.

              38. LAURIE12 QUEEN (PATSY ANN11 FITZGERALD, GEORGE THOMAS10, CORA ALICE9 MOOREFIELD, ALEXANDER ELLIS8, JOHN HENRY7, WILEY S.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born October 25, 1969 in Danville, Pitts., Co., VA. She married KENNETH WAYNE WITT December 23, 1988. He was born January 23, 1962.

              Children of LAURIE QUEEN and KENNETH WITT are:
              i. SARAH ELIZABETH13 WITT, b. February 04, 1996.
              ii. JEREMIAH WITT, b. 2001.

              39. PATTY LYNN12 BARBOUR (MELBA JANE11 FITZGERALD, GEORGE THOMAS10, CORA ALICE9 MOOREFIELD, ALEXANDER ELLIS8, JOHN HENRY7, WILEY S.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born January 19, 1965 in Lynchburg, Co., VA. She married (1) ROY JOSEPH LITTLE July 15, 1983 in Campbell Co., VA, son of BOBBY LITTLE and DOROTHY. She married (2) JAMES BERKLEY DIX July 29, 1989 in Altavista, Campbell Co., VA, son of WILLIAM DIX and DOROTHY LESTER. He was born July 31, 1958 in Danville, Pitts. Co., VA.
              Notes for PATTY LYNN BARBOUR:
              James and Patty were married by Thornton Critchley, Sr
              Patty was born in Lynchburg General Hospital at 1:47 pm, delivered by Dr. Ralph Slusher
              More About PATTY LYNN BARBOUR:
              Baptism: March 26, 1978, Motley Baptist Church
              Education: CNA in 2003

              Children of PATTY BARBOUR and JAMES DIX are:
              i. AARON LEE13 DIX, b. May 17, 1985, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.
              Notes for AARON LEE DIX:
              Aaron is from Jimmy's first marriage to Phyllis Tuck.
              Aaron was born in Virginia Baptist Hospital at 2:09pm
              ii. BRITTANY NICOLE DIX, b. December 03, 1992, Lynchburg, Co., VA.
              More About BRITTANY NICOLE DIX:
              Baptism: October 01, 2006, St. Johns Pentecostal Holiness Church

              40. PENNY FRANCES12 BARBOUR (MELBA JANE11 FITZGERALD, GEORGE THOMAS10, CORA ALICE9 MOOREFIELD, ALEXANDER ELLIS8, JOHN HENRY7, WILEY S.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born September 17, 1967 in Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA, and died March 12, 2007 in Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA. She married (1) TIMOTHY KELVIN ROACH June 18, 1988 in Campbell Co., VA, son of ROY ROACH and LINDA. She married (2) ROBERT DAVID WRIGHT III June 02, 1993 in Myrtle Beach, Hurry Co., SC, son of ROBERT WRIGHT and MARGO CAPPS. He was born November 24, 1970 in Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.
              Notes for PENNY FRANCES BARBOUR:
              Penny passed away at 4:35am in Room Ford 556
              Penny Frances Barbour Wright, 39, of Roanoke, died Monday, March 12, 2007, at Virginia Baptist Hospital, Lynchburg, after a courageous three year battle with cancer. Born Sept. 17, 1967, in Lynchburg, she was a daughter of Melba Fitzgerald Barbour of Gretna, and the late Larry (Pete) Barbour. Penny was an employee of Carilion Health Systems for 16 years and attended Hurt Penecostal Holiness Church. In addition to her mother, she is survived by a son, Zachary Thomas Wright of the residence; a sister and brother-in-law, Patty and Jimmy Dix, of Gretna; a brother, Michael Barbour of Roanoke; niece, Brittany Dix; nephew, Aaron Dix; special cousin, Bonnie Hart; special friends, Brian Taylor, Dustin Wood, Kathy Smyth and Debbie Cook; aunts and uncles, Clyde and Patsy Queen, Barney and Frances Shelhorse, Sue and Leon Oakley, Claudia Childress and Christine Roach; and many, many countless friends at Carilion.
              PENNY. 1967-2007 ......................... IT HAS BEEN SAID THAT "LIKE GRAINS OF SAND IN AN HOURGLASS, SO ARE THE THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES" PENNYS LIFE BY OUR STANDARDS WAS ALL TOO SHORT, YET THE EXAMPLE SHE LEFT FOR US IS TIMELESS. FROM A YOUNG AGE, PENNY HAD TO DEAL WITH A DISABILITY. MANY THOUGHT HER LIFE WOULD BE COMPROMISED, THAT SHE WOULD MISS OUT ON SO MANY THINGS. THEY WERE WRONG. WE WATCHED HER RIDE A BIKE, LEARN TO DRIVE, GET MARRIED AND GIVE BIRTH TO HER SON ZACH. SHE HAD A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND THE RESPECT OF HER PEERS. THEN CANCER CAME INTO HER LIFE AND THE BATTLE BEGAN. WITH THE SPIRIT OF A WARRIOR, PENNY FOUGHT FOR HER LIFE. FOR THREE YEARS SHE ENDURED COUNTLESS TREATMENTS, LAB RESULTS, AND SET BACKS. SHE FACED IT ALL WITH REMARKABLE COURAGE AND DETERMINATION. BECAUSE OF HER STORY, HOW MANY SCREENINGS HAVE TAKEN PLACE? HOW MANY LIVES HAS SHE SAVED? HOW MANY FAMILIES WILL NOT STRUGGLE WITH THIS HEARTACHE BECAUSE OF HER? WE MAY NEVER KNOW THE ANSWER IN THIS
              LIFETIME YET WE KNOW HER STRUGGLES WERE NOT IN VAIN. SOME MIGHT SAY THE CANCER WON. WE THINK NOT. IT MAY HAVE TAKEN HER BODY BUT IT NEVER TOOK HER SPIRIT. HER EXAMPLE HER INSPIRATION AND HER CHALLENGE FOR US TO APPRECIATE THE PRECIOUSNESS OF LIFE LIVE ON IN THE HEARTS AND MEMORIES OF HER FAMILY, HER FRIENDS AND EVERYONE HER LIFE HAS TOUCHED. WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOU PENNY!!!!!!!!!!

              More About PENNY FRANCES BARBOUR:
              Burial: March 14, 2007, Carl O. Moran Memorial Gardens, Gretna, Pitts. Co., VA
              Degree: Associates in Applied Science 1988
              Medical Information: Diagnosed with Breast Cancer January 2004 which spread to her Liver, Bones, and Brain now in 2007.
              Occupation: Medical Records Tech. for Carillion
              Notes for ROBERT DAVID WRIGHT III:
              Robbie and Penny married by Jack Jackson from the Chapel The Sea in Myrtle Beach.
              More About ROBERT DAVID WRIGHT III:
              Divorced: 1998

              Child of PENNY BARBOUR and ROBERT WRIGHT is:
              i. ZACHARY THOMAS13 WRIGHT, b. October 26, 1994, Lynchburg, Co., VA.

              41. ELIZABETH ANN12 SHELHORSE (VIRGINIA FRANCES11 FITZGERALD, GEORGE THOMAS10, CORA ALICE9 MOOREFIELD, ALEXANDER ELLIS8, JOHN HENRY7, WILEY S.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born November 12, 1976. She married RYAN FORSGREN December 19, 1998 in Boise, Idaho, son of HAL FORSGREN and BONNIE.
              More About ELIZABETH ANN SHELHORSE:
              Baptism (LDS): March 16, 1985

              Children of ELIZABETH SHELHORSE and RYAN FORSGREN are:
              i. GRACE13 FORSGREN, b. Bet. September - October 2001, Indiana.
              ii. KATE CAROLINE FORSGREN, b. July 25, 2002, Indiana.
              iii. BENJAMIN LEE FORSGREN, b. June 17, 2005, Nampa, Idaho.

              Generation No. 12

              42. JOHN BOARD13 GOODMAN III (JOHN BOARD12, ARTHUR ANDERSON11 ROWLAND, JESSE LEE DODSON10, MARTHA ELLEN9 MOOREFIELD, SUSAN ELIZABETH8, WILLIAM THOMAS "BILLY"7, JOHN W.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) He married LISA KIDD, daughter of CHARLES KIDD and TAMARA.

              Children of JOHN GOODMAN and LISA KIDD are:
              i. VALAURIE MICHELLE14 GOODMAN, b. 1994, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.
              ii. JACOB GOODMAN, b. March 07, 1997, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.

              43. GROVER LEE13 ELLINGTON (MARIETTA12 DALTON, FLOSSIE ADELLE11 ROWLAND, JESSE LEE DODSON10, MARTHA ELLEN9 MOOREFIELD, SUSAN ELIZABETH8, WILLIAM THOMAS "BILLY"7, JOHN W.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born April 03, 1974 in Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA. He married ERIN ? July 2002.

              Child of GROVER ELLINGTON and ERIN ? is:
              i. LEAH14 ELLINGTON, b. 2004, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.

              44. BRIAN SCOTT13 BELL (DINIA SUE12 RUETER, FLOSSIE ADELLE11 ROWLAND, JESSE LEE DODSON10, MARTHA ELLEN9 MOOREFIELD, SUSAN ELIZABETH8, WILLIAM THOMAS "BILLY"7, JOHN W.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born March 15, 1973 in Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA. He married SHANNON HANNAH July 17, 1993 in Campbell Co., VA. She was born July 08 in Lynchburg, Cambell Co., VA.
              More About BRIAN SCOTT BELL:
              Baptism (LDS): February 09, 1986
              Notes for SHANNON HANNAH:
              Shannon's son Dustin Glenn Hannah who is married to Amanda Ann Seamster. Dustin and Amanda have a girl Zoey Ann Hannah born March 21, 2007 in Virginia Baptist Hospital at 1:23.

              Child of BRIAN BELL and SHANNON HANNAH is:
              i. SAVANNAH RENEE14 BELL, b. March 15, 1999, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.

              45. STEPHEN SCOTT13 HART (BONNIE LOU12 PICKERAL, WILMOUTH IRENE11 ROWLAND, JESSE LEE DODSON10, MARTHA ELLEN9 MOOREFIELD, SUSAN ELIZABETH8, WILLIAM THOMAS "BILLY"7, JOHN W.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born February 09, 1975 in Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA. He married JENNY MARIE PUGH June 04, 1999 in Gretna, Pitts. Co., VA, daughter of GRADY PUGH and MARY FARRIS. She was born May 23, 1980 in Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.

              Child of STEPHEN HART and JENNY PUGH is:
              i. STEPHEN JAMES14 HART, b. January 21, 2000, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.

              46. MATTHEW SMITH13 HART (BONNIE LOU12 PICKERAL, WILMOUTH IRENE11 ROWLAND, JESSE LEE DODSON10, MARTHA ELLEN9 MOOREFIELD, SUSAN ELIZABETH8, WILLIAM THOMAS "BILLY"7, JOHN W.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born October 30, 1976 in Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.

              Children of MATTHEW SMITH HART are:
              i. KATLYN NICOLE14 HART, b. June 21, 2002.
              ii. HAYDEN SMITH HART, b. November 18, 2003.

              47. JASON DEWAYNE13 ADKINS (ROBIN DALE12 ROWLAND, SHIRLEY11, JESSE LEE DODSON10, MARTHA ELLEN9 MOOREFIELD, SUSAN ELIZABETH8, WILLIAM THOMAS "BILLY"7, JOHN W.6, WRIGHT5, JOHN4, EDWARD3, JOHN2, JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born May 31, 1976 in Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.

              Child of JASON DEWAYNE ADKINS is:
              i. MORGAN LEIGH14 ADKINS, b. October 31, 1999, Lynchburg, Campbell Co., VA.
              Notes for MORGAN LEIGH ADKINS:
              Morgan's mother is Amy Lynn Dawson.

              Message 6 of 18 , Apr 3, 2007
                On Apr 2, 2007, at 10:36 PM, WILLIAM FRANK MOOREFIELD, III wrote:

                > Hi Michael, I'll second Pat and welcome you to our group. There is
                > no document we have found which states the names of Wiley's parents,
                > but at the time of his birth, about 1801, there were no Morefield
                > families in Pittsylvania County; they all lived around the Scottsburg
                > area of Halifax County, Va., with the exception of the few in the
                > western counties of North Carolina, and one or two in Patrick County,
                > Va.
                > From study of the makeup of families that we know, it seems that
                > Moore and Reitty Morefield were the most likely parents of Wiley. I'll
                > refer you to message no. 4300 of this message board for more info.
                >

                > .

                Hi Bill,

                I had Wiley as Wright & Nancy's son, with a question mark. I think I
                based that on the Halifax Co. Personal Property Tax Lists. Wright
                was always on the North District list through 1823, his last
                appearance. Moore moved to the South District about 1809, as I
                recall. Wiley was only on the list one year, 1819. Here are my
                transcriptions:

                1819 - North District
                February 2 Henry Moorefield - 1 wh. male 16+, 1 horse
                February 2 Armstead " - 1 wh. male 16+
                February 2 John W. " - 1 wh. male 16+
                February 2 Wright " - 2 wh. males 16+, 1 horse
                February 3 Willy Moorefield - 0 wh. males 16+, 1 blk. 16+, 1 horse
                February 16 James Morefield 1 p. 47
                Date Unreadable -pg. 47 Wylie Moorefield - 1 wh. male 16+
                Date unreadable -pg. 49 Royal Moorefield - 1 wh. male 16+, 1 blk. 12+
                Date unreadable -pg. 49 William " - 1 wh. male 16+, 1 blk. 12+
                Date unreadable -pg. 49 Edmund " - 1 wh. male 16+
                Date unreadable -pg. 50 Winney " - 1 wh. male 16+, 1 blk.12+, 1 horse

                1819 South
                William Morefield 1 0 0 0 South (Feb? 13)
                Johnson Morefield 1 0 0 1 South (Feb 20)
                Edward Morefield 1 0 0 0 South Feb 25

                Note that James (Harding) and Wylie were enumerated on the same day.
                The Willy enumerated on Feb. 3 would have been Wilmouth (Stokes),
                Marstin's widow. However, it's interesting that Wright, Henry,
                Armstead and John W. were all enumerated on the same day, then
                Wilmoth, and then James & Wylie 2 weeks later. The William in the
                North District would have been John, Jr. & Winney's son; the William
                in the South District was the one who married Rebecca Stevens.
                Armstead's son, Asa, by the way, was named Asa Wright, according to
                his maternal grandfather's will.

                Moore wasn't enumerated in 1819, but was in the South District 1817,
                1820, 1823. Some years, those original images are in pretty bad
                shape, so he may have been enumerated, but I just didn't find him.

                I know you've done quite a bit of research on land records, so maybe
                you've found something else that makes you lean toward Moore as
                Wiley's father.

                Message 7 of 18 , Apr 3, 2007
                  On Apr 3, 2007, at 1:13 AM, Michael Barbour wrote:

                  > Descendants of John Moorefield
                  >

                  > Generation No. 1
                  >
                  > 1. JOHN2 MOOREFIELD (JOHN1 MOOREFIELD/MOREFIELD) was born in
                  > Virginia, and died 1751 in Lunenburg Co., VA.
                  > Notes for JOHN MOOREFIELD:
                  > The first Morefield ancestor to arrive in North America is thought
                  > to be John Morefield, who came to Virginia from England under
                  > England's Headright System.
                  > Thomas Riding paid the passage for John Morefield and 19 others,
                  > who arrived on Virginia's Eastern Shore in April 1666. This John
                  > Morefield was the only person named Morefield in his group, and
                  > there apparently were no brothers or other family members with him.
                  > In New Kent County, Virginia, in the church registry of St. Peter's
                  > Parish, there is recorded the death of John Morefield on February
                  > 18, 1688.
                  > Source: William F. Moorefield III
                  >

                  > Child of JOHN MOOREFIELD is:
                  > 2. i. EDWARD3 MOOREFIELD, b. Halifax County, VA; d. Abt. 1785,
                  > Halifax County, VA.
                  >
                  > Generation No. 2
                  >
                  > 2

                  Michael,

                  It has not been proved that Edward Morefield was the son of the John
                  Morefield who died in Lunenburg Co. in 1751. I think it's *possible*,
                  but the fact that Edward not only wasn't mentioned in John's will,
                  but he wasn't named an executor, either, makes me think that Edward
                  may have been a younger brother, or nephew or other close relative.
                  It was absolutely extraordinary that John would name two mere women,
                  Elizabeth and Jean/Jane, as co-executrices of his will. As for the
                  grandson, John, named in the will--it has been *assumed* that he was
                  John, Sr. of Halifax Co. However, Jean/Jane Morefield had a son
                  named John who could have been the grandson John mentioned in the
                  will. Jean/Jane later married John Ashworth, and her son John was
                  named in John Ashworth's will as "John Morefield alias Ashworth". In
                  fact, he later moved to Sullivan Co, TN, where he bought land as John
                  Morefield and sold it as John Ashworth.

                  By the way, I did a count of wills in that time period and that
                  region of VA and out of 200, 12 had females as executrices. Of
                  those, 10 were wives of the deceased and most of those were co-
                  executrices with a male (Don't you worry your pretty little head!); 2
                  were daughters and 1 of those had a male co-executor. So, for John
                  to have a son available and not name him as executor was a
                  significant act on John's part. Even if John had already given
                  Edward his inheritance, why did he not make him executor?

                  These data raise enough of a question for me that I am not willing to
                  state that the John who died 1751 was Edward's father. There were
                  other candidates to be Edward's father, such as Daniel and Timothy.
                  The problem is that we know when these people died, but we don't know
                  when they were born. An example: Joseph William Moorefield d. 1966;
                  Roy Markis Moorefield d. 1980; Howard Cornelius Moorefield d. 2002.
                  One was the father and the other two were brothers. Based on the
                  death dates, you could not figure out the truth: Roy Markis was the
                  father, and Joseph William was only 2 years older than Howard
                  Corneliius.

                  In my genealogy computer program, I have Edward as the son of the
                  John who died 1751, but I have him flagged as "Link Uncertain".

                  Pat

                  Message 8 of 18 , Apr 3, 2007
                    On Apr 2, 2007, at 10:51 PM, Michael Barbour wrote:

                    > The other Susan Elizabeth Moorefield daughter of William T.
                    > Moorefield and Elizabeth Powell from what I have gathered was never
                    > married all though did have at least three children with who some
                    > say as being John "Jake" Irby this would explain the will findings,
                    > 1. Martha Ellen Moorefield born 22 June 1862 and died 13 Nov 1935
                    > and married John Thomas Rowland 15 March 1883
                    > 2. Mary Cornelius "Molly" Moorefield born 18 Nov 1867 and died 10
                    > Dec 1956 and married James Clark Booth
                    > 3. James/John Albert Moorefield married Hollie Whittmore

                    Michael,

                    Susan's dates were 1 mar 1837 Halifax Co. -4 jul 1914 Pittsylvania
                    Co. according to her death certificate, the informant being Mrs. Mary
                    C. Booth.

                    I think she may havehad 5 children, but 2 died in childhood. I base
                    this on the following:

                    1900 Staunton River District, Pittsylvania County, Virginia
                    Series: T623 Microfilm: 1723 Book: 1 Page: 161 EN 86
                    #26/26
                    Roland, Thomas J. b. may 1864 age 36 m. 16 yrs. all b. VA
                    Martha E. b. jan 1866 age 34 m. 16 yrs. 5 childen, 5 living
                    Mary S? b. jul 1885 age 15
                    John W. b. jan? jun? 1888 age 12
                    Lonny L. b. nov 1890 age 9
                    Roland. Dodson b. jun 1893 age 7
                    Gracie N.b. sep 1896 age 3
                    Moorfield, Sue m-in-law b. mar 1840 age 60 single 5 children, 3 living

                    1910 Pittsylvania, VA Staunton 105 p. 19 #13/15
                    John R. Moorefield 70 VA widow
                    Susie 73 VA sister single

                    The 5 children/3 living in 1900 claim is supported by this:

                    1870 Pittsylvania, VA Chatham p. 316
                    Moorfield, Susan 33 VA
                    Cornelia 3 female VA
                    Thomas 1 VA

                    In the same census, William T. and his second wife, Mary J. Barrett,
                    had 2 young girls in their household.

                    1870 Pittsylvania VA Chatham 1
                    Mofield, Wm. T. 56 (all b. VA)
                    Mary J. 33
                    Martha 7
                    Sarah 3

                    William T. and Mary J. married in 1869, so this Martha and Sarah were
                    not likely their children. Further, the 1900 and 1910 census for
                    Mary J. (Barrett) Moorefield states that she had no children. So,
                    who were they? Well, the 7-year-old Martha fits Martha Ellen, who
                    later married John Thomas Rowland. So, Martha and Sarah were living
                    with their grandfather in 1870, while Mollie and Thomas were living
                    with Susan (John Albert wasn't born until 1874).

                    I think this is Susan in 1860:
                    1860 Pittsylvania, VA North District Chalk Level p. 296 #1027/1027
                    Barrett, Mary 23
                    William T. Moorfield 13
                    Sarah E. Moorfield 23 (must be Susan Elizabeth, but plainly written
                    �Sarah� E.)

                    Here is the family in 1850:
                    1850 Pittsylvania, VA Northern p. 186 #644/666
                    William Moorfield 31 miller VA
                    Elizabeth 31
                    Elizabeth 13 (Susan Elizabeth)
                    John 11
                    Martha 8
                    Richard 4
                    William 2

                    Charles Christopher "Cary" is said to have been born 20 may 1850. By
                    1860 Elizabeth (Powell) had died and the children were scattered --
                    John R. & Chas K.A. were laborers on the farm of John Arnold; William
                    Thomas (the son) and Suan with Mary J. Barrett. I haven't found any
                    further record of Martha or Richard other than the 1850 census.

                    I haven't found Susan Moorefield or Mary J. (Barrett) in 1880, but
                    then I haven't been able to find several MFLD families in
                    Pittsylvania Co. in 1880 for some reason. I did find two Moorefield
                    families by accident--their surname was clearly written as
                    "Woodfield", but there is no question that they were Moorefield
                    families. Mary C., niece, was living with John R. Moorefield in
                    1880; M. Moorefield, age 17, nurse was living in the James Younger
                    family--probably Martha Ellen.

                    Another odd thing...there is a marriage record for Mary J. (Barrett)
                    Moorefield and Elias T. Irby 22 jan 1880 Pittsylvania, VA. I haven't
                    found them in 1880 or 1900, but in 1910 and 1920 she is enumerated as
                    Mary Moorfield, widow. And look at this:

                    1900 Staunton, Pittsylvania, VA #41/41
                    Irby, Polly head b. feb 1840 age 60 wid 0/0 VA VA VA
                    (#40/40 household of Henry Barrett b. apr 1860)
                    #105/105 household of Braxton Irby, including
                    Elias T. father b. may 1829 age 71 wid

                    Is Polly Irby widow really Mary J. Barrett? I'm not sure whether the
                    marriage date for Mary & Elias was the license or the marriage date,
                    so maybe they took out a license, but didn't marry.

                    Pat

                  • Michael Barbour
                    Message 9 of 18 , Apr 3, 2007
                      This is Susan Elizabeth Moorefield and her daughter Mary"Molly" Corn. Moorefield Booth.

                      Message 10 of 18 , Apr 3, 2007
                        Thanks for trying but nothing attached.
                        Sandy

                        On Apr 3, 2007, at 5:02 PM, Michael Barbour wrote:

                        > This is Susan Elizabeth Moorefield and her daughter Mary"Molly"
                        > Corn. Moorefield Booth.

                      • Michael Barbour
                        Message 11 of 18 , Apr 3, 2007
                          lets try this again

                          Sandra Hart <sandyhart@...> wrote: Thanks for trying but nothing attached.
                          Sandy

                          On Apr 3, 2007, at 5:02 PM, Michael Barbour wrote:

                          > This is Susan Elizabeth Moorefield and her daughter Mary"Molly"
                          > Corn. Moorefield Booth.

                        • Wanda Seaman
                          Message 12 of 18 , Apr 3, 2007
                            Send it to wandaseaman27@... and I'll put it on a web server so everybody can see it.

                            Michael Barbour <starcityboy1977@...> wrote: lets try this again

                            Sandra Hart <sandyhart@...> wrote: Thanks for trying but nothing attached.
                            Sandy

                            On Apr 3, 2007, at 5:02 PM, Michael Barbour wrote:

                            > This is Susan Elizabeth Moorefield and her daughter Mary"Molly"
                            > Corn. Moorefield Booth.

                          • Wanda Seaman
                            Message 13 of 18 , Apr 3, 2007
                              I put the photo in the "Photo" area of the Moorefield group. (Look on the left hand side of your screen.)

                              Who is her father? Which William T? I'm a descendant of both.

                              Message 14 of 18 , Apr 3, 2007
                                The William T. who married Elizabeth Powell 1836 Halifax Co. was
                                Mary Cornelia's grandfather. William T. was probably the son of John
                                W. Morefield who married Sally Powell 1810 Halifax Co. John W. was
                                probably the son of Wright and Nancy (Stevens) Morefield.

                                On Apr 3, 2007, at 9:48 PM, Wanda Seaman wrote:

                                > I put the photo in the "Photo" area of the Moorefield group. (Look
                                > on the left hand side of your screen.)
                                >
                                > Who is her father? Which William T? I'm a descendant of both.
                                >
                                > Wanda Seaman <wandaseaman27@...> wrote:
                                > Send it to wandaseaman27@... and I'll put it on a web server
                                > so everybody can see it.
                                >
                                > .

                              • Michael Barbour
                                Message 15 of 18 , Apr 3, 2007
                                  Yes William T. is the grandfather of Mary Cornelia. I have several other pictures of Mary "Molly" Cornelia and daughter Cassie. I try to add the "Molly" in there because my grandmother always refered to her as cousin "Molly".

                                  Patricia Seaver <pseaver@...> wrote: The William T. who married Elizabeth Powell 1836 Halifax Co. was
                                  Mary Cornelia's grandfather. William T. was probably the son of John
                                  W. Morefield who married Sally Powell 1810 Halifax Co. John W. was
                                  probably the son of Wright and Nancy (Stevens) Morefield.

                                  On Apr 3, 2007, at 9:48 PM, Wanda Seaman wrote:

                                  > I put the photo in the "Photo" area of the Moorefield group. (Look
                                  > on the left hand side of your screen.)
                                  >
                                  > Who is her father? Which William T? I'm a descendant of both.
                                  >
                                  > Wanda Seaman <wandaseaman27@...> wrote:
                                  > Send it to wandaseaman27@... and I'll put it on a web server
                                  > so everybody can see it.
                                  >
                                  > .

                                • Frances Gum
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Apr 7, 2007
                                    Michael, in the below info, you say Thomas Riding paid passage for John
                                    Morefield and 19 others. Do you have the names of the others? I'm looking
                                    for a Hardin-en-ing. My great grandmother married a Morefield after my Hardin
                                    great grandfather died, so I have an interest in both names. Thanks, Frances