Obit from Winston-Salem Journal

  • maryjomartin2005
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2007
      DANBURY - Boyd Harrelson Moorefield, 83, of 1595 Moorefield Road,
      died Tuesday, Jan. 02, 2007, at Forsyth Medical Center. Funeral
      services will be conducted at 2 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 4, at Colonial
      Funeral Home Stokes Chapel, with the Rev. Boyd Joyce officiating.
      Burial will follow in Snow Hill United Methodist Church Cemetery with
      military honors provided by the Patrick County Memorial Honor Guard
      Mr. Moorefield was born March 10, 1923, in Stokes County to the late
      Percy and Carrie Hill Moorefield. He was a U.S. Army veteran, having
      served in the Army infantry in World War II in the Pacific Theater,
      receiving numerous medals for valor. He was a retired farmer and was
      of the Presbyterian faith. He was an avid baseball and Carolina
      basketball fan. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death
      by a brother, Talmadge Moorefield. Survivors include his wife of 60
      years, Jeanette Poore Moorefield; son Darrell B. Moorefield and wife
      Cynthia of Greensboro; daughter Janet Wornall and husband Bill of
      Charlotte; brother John Moorefield and wife Dale of Germanton;
      sisters Margaret Moorefield of Winston-Salem and Linda McCoy and
      husband Thomas Jr. of Chesapeake, Va.; sister-in-law Faye L.
      Moorefield of Danbury; grandchildren Carrie (Zack) Sexton, Sybil
      Wornall and Louise Wornall; and s great-grandchild, Elizabeth Sexton.
      The family will receive friends before the service from noon to 2
      p.m. Thursday at Colonial Funeral Home Stokes Chapel. In lieu of
      flowers, memorials may be made to Alzheimer's Association, 1315
      Ashley Brook Lane, Winston Salem, NC 27103.

      Published in the Winston-Salem Journal on 1/3/2007.
    • maryjomartin2005
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2007
        What line is following Moorefield from?

        MOOREFIELD Mr. Branson Del-heart Moorefield, 80, passed away
        Wednesday, May 30, 2007, at Yadkin Nursing Center. He was born May
        30, 1927, in Surry County to the late Rev. O.M. and Gladys Dowell
        Moorefield. Mr. Moorefield was a longtime member of Shallowford
        Baptist Church where he was a deacon, adult Sunday school teacher and
        choir director. He served in the U.S. Army during World War II. Mr.
        Moorefield was owner of Northside TV Service and retired in 1993. He
        was preceded in death by a daughter, Shirley M. Davis; and a brother,
        Jack Moorefield. Mr. Moorefield is survived by his loving wife of 60
        years, Earline Stewart Moorefield; three children, Mike Moorefield,
        Janice Post and Mark Moorefield; five grandchildren, Michelle Wood
        (Bryan), Alicia Thompson (Tim) Matt Moorefield, Andrew Moorefield and
        Luke Moorefield; a great-granddaughter, Megan Thompson; a brother,
        Jimmy Moorefield "Bert"; and a sister-in-law, Viola Moorefield. A
        funeral service will be conducted at 11 a.m. Saturday, June 2, at
        Shallowford Baptist Church, with Pastor Bill James officiating. The
        family will receive friends from 6 until 8 p.m. today, June 1, at the
        funeral home. Memorials may be made to Shallowford Baptist Church,
        P.O. Box 118, Pfafftown, NC 27040. Hayworth-Miller Silas Creek Chapel
        is serving the family.

        Published in the Winston-Salem Journal on 6/1/2007.
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2, 2007
          Hi Jo,

          Branson D. Moorefield's line is: Ollie Milton<Josiah<Wright(#2)
          <William (& Rebecca Stevens)<John, Sr. of Halifax Co, VA. Thanks for
          posting the obituary.

          Pat Seaver

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 16, 2007
            What Moorefield line did this young man belong to?

            MOOREFIELD MADISON - Kevin Dwight Moorefield, 41, of 9362 N.C.
            Highway 704, Madison, lost his battle with brain cancer Wednesday,
            Aug. 15, 2007, at home. Kevin was born on Dec. 22, 1965, in
            Rockingham County. He was a member of Delta United Methodist Church
            and a 1984 graduate of North Stokes High School. He loved fishing,
            having his friends and family around and being a truck driver. He was
            also a number one fan of the Carolina Panthers. He was preceded in
            death by his grandfather, Otis Moorefield. Survivors include his
            parents, Bobby and Gloria Harris; and grandmother Catherine Dodson
            Moorefield, all of Madison; brothers Eddie Moorefield and wife Robin
            of Germanton, Shane Mabe and wife Karen of Danbury and Shawn Mabe and
            wife Vicki of Sandy Ridge; sisters Susan Fields and husband Rick and
            Gerrie Moorefield, all of Madison; Christy Mabe of Stoneville; and
            Pam Harris of Bethany; numerous nieces and nephews; and special
            pet "Mollie." A celebration of life will be conducted at 7 p.m.
            Saturday, Aug. 18, at Colonial Funeral Home Chapel in Madison, with
            the Rev. Julie Roberts and the Rev. Billy Nelson officiating. The
            family will receive friends from 5 to 7 p.m. before the service
            Saturday, Aug. 18, at the funeral home, and all other times at the
            residence. Memorials may be made to Cancer Services, 3175 Maplewood
            Ave., Winston-Salem, NC 27103, or Delta United Methodist Church, 5993
            N.C. Highway 704 East, Sandy Ridge, NC 27046. The family would like
            to acknowledge Stokes County Home Health, Joyce Lester, Jeanne
            Shelton, Sandy Ridge Fire and Rescue, Stokes County EMS and the
            church family at Delta United Methodist Church for their support and
            care throughout Kevin' s illness. "Life is not measured by the number
            of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."
            Colonial Funeral Home in Madison is serving the family.

            Published in the Winston-Salem Journal from 8/16/2007 - 8/17/2007.
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 16, 2007
              I have Otis Dwight Moorefield, 1910-1989, married Catherine Dobson 29
              nov 1933. They must be his grandparents mentioned in the
              obituary. Otis Dwight was the son of John Franklin and Mary Ann
              Frances (Wall) Moorefield. The line back goes back to John (m.
              Susan Priddy) to Henderson<Allen<William<John, Sr. (William
              previously thought to be the son of Wright; now thought to be
              Wright's younger brother).

              Thanks so much for posting this obituary.

              Pat