James & Reitzel James, s/o James Edward MFLD

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2006
      This is in regards to James Edward Moorefield 1883-1957, who married Ollie Evelyn
      Henderson. His line is:
      James Edward<John William<John W.<John W.<John Royal

      --- In MOREFIELDHOMEPLACE@yahoogroups.com, "WILLIAM FRANK MOOREFIELD, III"
      <s73337a@...> wrote:

      > On July 27, 2001, I visited with Daisy Moorefield who lives in
      > Eden, NC., and is a niece of James Edward Moorefield. In my notes from
      > our conversation, I have that James E. and his wife Ollie Henderson had
      > thirteen children including two sets of twins. I have written that
      > Daisy told me that James was killed in Worl War II. Reitzell James died
      > 6-30-1955, Guilford County, NC. reel 0269 0029, (Pat, I think I
      > incorrectly transcribed this as James Reitzel).

      A little more about the two sons of James Edward & Ollie (Henderson) MFLD named James.

      First, James Reitzel/Reitzel James b. 1915
      His SSDI record is listed as R.J. Moorefield (I have d. 30 jun 1995, not 1955)
      His 2nd wife's obituary names him as Reitzel James Moorefield (Gertrude A. Richardson)

      Next, James b. 1918 who died in WWII
      I have the following WWII Army enlistment record that might fit:
      WWII Army enlistment
      James E. Moorefield, Jr. b. 1918 NC residing Panama Canal Zone
      enlisted 20 jan 1942 Fort Bragg, NC grammar school; married; 70" 142 lb.

      and the following cemetery record that might fit:
      James E.J. Moorefield b. unknown d. 1944 nov 12
      buried Lorraine American Cemetery France, Lorraine, St. Avoid

      Note that the Army enlistment record indicates that James E. Moorefield was married. I
      also have this birth record that might fit:
      Lawrence Edward Moorefield b. 24 may 1942 Guilford, NC father: James Edward

      Can anyone confirm or refute any of this or add any information, such as the mother of
      Lawrence Edward Moorefield?