Otha Moorefield 1917-2000 s/o Bib

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2006
      Hi Cousins,

      I've been reviewing my records for inconsistencies and find that I
      have Bib Moorefield's son, Otha, with the middle name Olaf, but I
      have found some records that give his middle name as Kager. Does
      anyone know the source for the middle name Olaf? Did I dream it?

      Here's what I have with Otha K. or Otha Kager:

      1920 census looks like Otha K.

      WWII Army enlistment: Otha K. Moorefield enlisted 21 nov 1939
      Lenoir, NC
      education: post-graduate; widower with dependents

      two birth records for his children: one names father as Otha Kager
      Moorefield and the other as Otha K. Moorefield

      Social Security Death Index: Otha K. Moorefield

      and this cemetery record:
      US Veterans Cemeteries
      Otha Kager Moorefield 1st Sgt US Army
      b. 9 apr 1917 d. 10 apr 2000
      Stokesdale Christian Church Cemetery, Stokesdale, NC

      He must have been married twice, because he was a widower by 1939,
      and the two birth records naming him as the father were 1945 and
      1955. Does anyone know his wives' names?
      Pat Moorefield Seaver