Re: JOHN HENRY AND EMMA FRITZ MOREFIELD, JOHNSON COUNTY

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 5, 2006
      --- In MOREFIELDHOMEPLACE@yahoogroups.com, "WILLIAM FRANK MOOREFIELD, III"
      <s73337a@...> wrote:

      > I just had a telephone conversation with Reverend David Clyde
      > Morefield who lives in Powhatan, Va., about fifteen miles west of
      > Richmond. He is a son of Elmer Clyde and Hattie Phillipe Morefield.
      > Elmer was a son of John Henry and Emma Fritz Morefield who were
      > married on 12-25-1895 by J.K. Wilson in Johnson County, Tenn. In my
      > courthouse searches over the last few years, I had picked up records
      > of Reverend Morefield and two sons, and corresponded with one of his
      > sons in Richmond about three years ago (David, Jr.), who did not know
      > of his family origins. Reverend Morefield told me who his
      > grandparents were, and I got the marriage information for them from
      > copies of JCT marriages I made on a trip there a while back.

      The marriage records of Rev. David Clyde Morefield indicates that he married Esther Naomi
      Dayberry. Bill, these are from your records:

      David Clyde Morefield, Jr. m. Ronning, Laura Marie 1993 aug 28
      VA Henrico s/o David Clyde & Esther Naomi Dayberry
      d/o Gerald Romaine & Patricia Marie Reuter 1970 lic 1125

      Timothy Allen Morefield m. Baskette, Melinda Diane 1992 oct 10
      VA Henrico? s/o David Clyde & Esther Naomi Dayberry b. 1927
      d/o robert Delaney & Aletha Diane Arntfield b. 1931 Hanover Co.?
      (Henrico or Hanover? license in one county & marriage in the other?)
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 5, 2006
        --- In MOREFIELDHOMEPLACE@yahoogroups.com, Patricia Seaver <pseaver@...> wrote:

        > On Mar 3, 2005, at 9:23 AM, WILLIAM FRANK MOOREFIELD, III wrote:
        >

        > >    I just had a telephone conversation with Reverend David Clyde
        > > Morefield who lives in Powhatan, Va., about fifteen miles west of
        > > Richmond. He is a son of Elmer Clyde and Hattie Phillipe Morefield.
        > > Elmer was a son of John Henry and Emma Fritz Morefield who were
        > > married on 12-25-1895 by J.K. Wilson in Johnson County, Tenn.
        > >
        > >    Pat, and Phyllis, or anyone else who has something to add; can you
        > > provide his family tree back?

        Pat responded:

        > Bill,
        >
        > I have the John H. Morefield who married Mary Emma Fritts as the son of
        > Daniel and Mary (Teaster Rankin) Morefield.

        And Pat responds to Pat:

        There is also the possibility that the John Henry Morefield who married Mary Emma Fritts
        was the son of Zachary T. Morefield and Mary Hall, who married in Johnson Co, TN 7 jul
        1870. Zachary T. was the son of Gabriel Morefield and Sally Robinson, who married 12
        sep 1833 Surry Co, NC.
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 5, 2006
          On Jul 5, 2006, at 1:11 PM, Patricia Seaver wrote:

          > --- In MOREFIELDHOMEPLACE@yahoogroups.com, "WILLIAM FRANK
          > MOOREFIELD, III"
          > <s73337a@...> wrote:
          > >

          > > I just had a telephone conversation with Reverend David Clyde
          > > Morefield who lives in Powhatan, Va., about fifteen miles west of
          > > Richmond. He is a son of Elmer Clyde and Hattie Phillipe Morefield.
          > > Elmer was a son of John Henry and Emma Fritz Morefield who were
          > > married on 12-25-1895 by J.K. Wilson in Johnson County, Tenn. In my
          > > courthouse searches over the last few years, I had picked up records
          > > of Reverend Morefield and two sons, and corresponded with one of his
          > > sons in Richmond about three years ago (David, Jr.), who did not
          > know
          > > of his family origins. Reverend Morefield told me who his
          > > grandparents were, and I got the marriage information for them from
          > > copies of JCT marriages I made on a trip there a while back.
          > >

          > The marriage records of Rev. David Clyde Morefield indicates that
          > he married Esther Naomi
          > Dayberry. Bill, these are from your records:
          >
          > David Clyde Morefield, Jr. m. Ronning, Laura Marie 1993 aug 28
          > VA Henrico s/o David Clyde & Esther Naomi Dayberry
          > d/o Gerald Romaine & Patricia Marie Reuter 1970 lic 1125
          >

          > Timothy Allen Morefield m. Baskette, Melinda Diane 1992 oct 10
          > VA Henrico? s/o David Clyde & Esther Naomi Dayberry b. 1927
          > d/o robert Delaney & Aletha Diane Arntfield b. 1931 Hanover Co.?
          > (Henrico or Hanover? license in one county & marriage in the other?)

          Bill,

          I have a question about Timothy Allen's marriage record--what do the
          1927 and 1931 mean? David Clyde's father, Elmer Clyde, was still
          unmarried and living with his parents in 1930, so David Clyde was
          born after 1930. Have you found a marriage record for David Clyde,
          Sr. to Esther Naomi Dayberry? If David Clyde, Sr. was born after
          1930, then David Clyde, Jr. and Timothy Allen must have been born
          after, say, 1948. Right? Apparently, both David Clyde, Jr.'s wife
          and Timothy Allen's wife had been married before.

          Pat