William R. Morefield b. @1861 TN

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2005
      Does anyone recognize this family?

      1910 Tennessee County: DAVIDSON Locale: 6-DIST
      Series: T624 Roll: 1496 Part: 3 EN 95 Page: 148B
      #289/289
      Morefield, William R. age 49 m. 15 yrs. (all b. TN) R.R. construction
      Lois wife age 33 m. 15 yrs.6 children, 4 living
      Melissa? dau age 10
      Rosie B. dau age 8
      Randolph V. son age 5
      Carter L. son age 5/12
      Stanfield, Marion boarder male 21
      Dean, Thomas boarder black age 25

      1930 District 15, Williamson, TN EN 20 #141/141
      Will R Moorefield head age 69 m.@age 34 TN TN PA
      Lois Moorefield wife 54 m.@age 19 TN TN TN

      I haven't found William & Lois in 1920, but Malissa & Rosie B. were
      living in the household of William Singleton in Davidson Co, TN. I
      haven't found Randolph or Carter after 1910.

      There was a William R. b. @1861 in Johnson County, Tennessee, s/o
      John R. & Matilda (Minnick), but I haven't found him in 1880 or 1900.

      Banister Morefield's sons, Radford, Mumford, and Charles Christopher
      moved to Christian Co, KY after the Civil War and some of their
      descendants later moved into Montgomery Co, TN and then to Davidson
      Co. (Nashville). Williamson Co. is just south of Davidson Co.

      The descendants of Martin Morefield who settled in Smith Co, TN
      consistently used the spelling Mofield after the second generation.

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2005
        On Aug 2, 2005, at 9:43 AM, Phyllis Morefield wrote:

        > Pat
        >

        > There was a William R. b. @1861 in Johnson County,Tennessee, s/o
        > John R. & Matilda (Minnick), but I haven't found him in 1880 or
        > 1900.In 1880 he is 17 living in the home of his parents in JCT

        Phyllis,

        Thanks. I had found Matilda Morefield age 48 widow in the 1880
        census on the last line of the page 18D (census taker's page 14)
        household/dwelling #124/124, and another family starts the next page,
        #125/125. I just went back to the image and noticed an asterisk
        before Matilda's name and a note at the bottom of the page that says
        the first 5 lines on page 27 contains names belonging to this
        family. On page 27, I find the following:
        Martitia 24 dau TN TN VA laborer (married)
        Sarah J. 21 dau TN TN VA laborer
        William R. 17 son TN TN VA laborer
        John Hamilton 16 son TN TN VA laborer
        James A. son 13 TN TN VA laborer
        The next household is #224/224; the last household on the previous
        page is also #224/224

        Pat