Patrick County, VA

  • jmm@gamewood.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 20, 2001
      Hi, my name is Jennifer Moorefield. My father was Folger "Bill"
      Moorefield and he grew up mostly in Patrick County (Stuart), Virginia,
      in the Dry Pond area. His father was John H. Moorefield and his
      mother was Jennie Woods Moorefield. I am looking for information on
      John's father, Thomas Moorefield who died circa 1936 at age 81. I
      have been unable to go back past this point. If anyone has
      information, I'd love to hear from you.
    • Judy Gordon
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 20, 2001
        Hi Jennifer,

        My name is Judy Morefield Gordon, and I am the owner of the "MOREFIELD HOMEPLACE". First of all, I would like to welcome you to our Group. Secondly, I would like to invite you to join yet another "MOREFIELD HOMEPLACE", for which I am the Founder. It is located at Yahoo Clubs, and has more members and more activity than this one. You will probably have better luck finding what you are looking for there. I will send you a special invitation, so be looking for it. If you have trouble getting in, just let me know and I will see if I can help you. Both "MOREFIELD HOMEPLACES" will soon merge and will become one.

        I'm not familiar with the names that you have mentioned, however, I have forwarded your message on to Phyllis Morefield, who lives in Virginia. She is the Morefield Listowner at Rootsweb, and could possibly have some info. on your line. She may contact you directly, so watch for her.

        I would love to know where you live.....if that's not a problem. We are having a "Morefield Research Exchange" in July (9th), in Danville, VA., would you be interested in attending? I will be sending out more information during the next couple of days.

        Glad to have you!!
        Judy Morefield Gordon
        Fulton, KY
        rgordon@... (or)
        jamgordon@...

        Hi, my name is Jennifer Moorefield. My father was Folger "Bill"
        Moorefield and he grew up mostly in Patrick County (Stuart), Virginia,
        in the Dry Pond area. His father was John H. Moorefield and his
        mother was Jennie Woods Moorefield. I am looking for information on
        John's father, Thomas Moorefield who died circa 1936 at age 81. I
        have been unable to go back past this point. If anyone has
        information, I'd love to hear from you.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        MOREFIELDs helping one another to connect their lines......please post your line now!

      • Jennifer Moorefield
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 20, 2001
          Hi Judy,

          Thanks for the email. I'm looking forward to being on this list and yes,
          I'll definitely join the other. Strange but I had never thought about
          groups like this before. I'm glad I decided to search for one!

          This is so amazing...you're getting together in Danville, VA? That's where
          I live! Do you need more of an address than this? If so, I don't have a
          problem sharing. Yes, I would be interested in attending. I'll look
          forward to the information.

          Thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to being on the list.

          Jen

          I was nobody until my cat adopted me!

        • Judy Morefield Gordon
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 21, 2001
            Hi Jen,

            I, too, was amazed to hear that you live in the same town where we
            plan to meet for our "Morefield Research Exchange"! I'm glad that
            you plan to attend.

            We had our first "MRE" last August, in Murphysboro, Illinois. None
            of us that attended had ever met before and we had a great time just
            getting to know each other. We plan to have a "MRE" every year in a
            different place. That is, IF we can find enough volunteers to Host
            the event. It's difficult to plan from afar....it will be good to
            have you as an "on site" contact person for advice.

            To answer your question....no, I don't need any further address. The
            one from which you are sending your e-mail is sufficient.

            As for the other "MOREFIELD HOMEPLACE", I will send you an invitation
            to join as soon as I finish this e-mail. If you have a problem, just
            let me know and I'll help you. Not everyone has been successful in
            getting in. Yahoo doesn't provide a way for me to just "add" a
            member, but I have figured out a way around it and can get you in if
            you have any problems. I am so glad that you "happened" upon
            us....and just in time for the "MRE", too!!

            Will be in touch....

            Judy Morefield Gordon
            Fulton, KY
            rgordon@...