William lee Mofield

  • Michelle Gonzales
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
      Hello all,
      This message is regarding Green Morefield's line and thought that I would pass on the information for anyone interested:

      William Lee Mofield was the son of Robert Redden Mofield. William was born Dec 25, 1876 and died Oct 29, 1951 at Western State Hospital in Hopkinsville, Ky. This information was obtained by Ricky Futrell (Ola Pearl Mofield's grandson) from Western State Hospital. I also found this on ancestry.com, which I will send for:

      Kentucky Death Index: 1911-2000

      Name: Willie L Mofield
      Death Date: 29 October , 1951
      Death Place: Christian
      Age: 073
      Residence: Calloway
      Volume: 40
      Certificate: 19743

      Hope all are well,
      Michelle Gonzales

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
        On Jun 1, 2005, at 7:33 AM, Michelle Gonzales wrote:

        > Hello all,
        > This message is regarding Green Morefield's line and thought that I
        > would pass on the information for anyone interested:
        >
        > William Lee Mofield was the son of Robert Redden Mofield. William was
        > born Dec 25, 1876 and died Oct 29, 1951 at Western State Hospital in
        > Hopkinsville, Ky. This information was obtained by Ricky Futrell (Ola
        > Pearl Mofield's grandson) from Western State Hospital. I also found
        > this on ancestry.com, which I will send for:
        >
        > Kentucky Death Index: 1911-2000
        >
        >       Name:    Willie L Mofield
        >       Death Date:    29 October , 1951
        >       Death Place:    Christian
        >       Age:    073
        >       Residence:    Calloway
        >       Volume:    40
        >       Certificate:    19743
        >

        > Hope all are well,
        > Michelle Gonzales

        Michelle,

        Good to see you posting again! Here are the census records that I've
        found related to Willliam Lee:

        1880 Marshall, KY Bishops Mill 171C
        Robt. R. Morefield 26 KY KY KY
        Nancy L. wife 24 TN NC TN
        William L. son 4 KY KY TN

        1900  Olive Voting Precinct, Marshall County, Kentucky
        Series: T623     Microfilm:  542     Book:  2   EN 105  Page:  188
        #144/144
        Morefield, Willie b. jan 1876 age 24 m. 1 yr KY KY KY
        Belle wife b. jun 1876 age 23 m. 1 yr. 0 children

        1910   Kentucky     County:  CHRISTIAN     P.O.  3-DIST
        Series:  T624     Roll:  470     Part:  2   EN 13  Page:  178B
        Moorefield, William inmate age 34 m. once KY KY KY Western KY Asylum
        for the Insane

        William Lee married Victoria Isabell Nelson 13 jul 1899 in Marshall Co,
        KY. I have her DoD as about 1912, from a message on Homeplace. In
        1910 their two daughters were living with Robert Redden & Nancy Louisa:

        1910 Marshall, KY 1st Disrict p. 128B 85/85
        Robert R. Mofield 57
        Luezer 54 TN
        Kelzie 19 son KY
        Pearl L. 15 dau KY
        Ola P. 9 dau KY
        Willie E. 5 son KY (apparent census taker error: Willie Estes,
        daughter)

        Homeplace Message # 1514 indicates that Ola Pearl married William
        Leymon Futrell 6 jun 1919 in Paris, TN. In 1930 they were living in
        Graves, KY. Message #1514 indicates that Willie Estas married Rebon
        Mathis.

      • blessedgranof2@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
          I find it so interesting how certain first names run in families. I never
          realized that before. My husband's family is rather hard to trace because of
          there being so many first names alike in specific geographical areas.

          Thank you for all the information I receive about the Morefields. Hope to
          get back to genealogy this winter. Right now there is too much to do.

          Marsha

        • Michelle Gonzales
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
            Hi Pat,
            Yes, this information is what I have also. I do have the children of William Leymon Futrell and Ola Pearl Mofield as:
            William Henry b. abt. 1925
            Boyd E. b. abt. 1928
            Chester James b. abt. 1924
            Victoria b. abt. 1923
            Amanda
            Alice L. b. abt. 1921
            Thomas
            Carl Ray (This is Ricky's father) b. abt. 1929

            Not positive but in the 1930 census it shows William and Ola Futrell and family living in District 39 of District 8, Graves County, Kentucky pages 54a and b (image # 11 and 12 for Ancestry.com). William is listed as W L Futrell. They own the property and living next door as a renter is a William Morefiel head/ male/ white/ 53 yrs. old/ widowed/ b. Ky both parents b. Ky. I wonder if this is William Lee Mofield, Ola's father? (Or have I asked this before? It's been a while since I searched) I know that William was supposed to have been in and out of the Hospital.
            Has anyone ever tried to get copies of Hospital records? I'm wondering if they would be able to make copies for me of Willie's record or would the privacy act now make it impossible.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005
              On Jun 1, 2005, at 2:37 PM, Michelle Gonzales wrote:

              > Hi Pat,
              > Yes, this information is what I have also. I do have the children of
              > William Leymon Futrell and Ola Pearl Mofield as:
              > William Henry b. abt. 1925
              > Boyd E. b. abt. 1928
              > Chester James b. abt. 1924
              > Victoria b. abt. 1923
              > Amanda
              > Alice L. b. abt. 1921
              > Thomas
              > Carl Ray (This is Ricky's father) b. abt. 1929
              >

              > Not positive but in the 1930 census it shows William and Ola Futrell
              > and family living in District 39 of District 8, Graves County,
              > Kentucky pages 54a and b (image # 11 and 12 for Ancestry.com). William
              > is listed as W L Futrell. They own the property and living next door
              > as a renter is a William Morefiel head/ male/ white/ 53 yrs. old/
              > widowed/ b. Ky both parents b. Ky. I wonder if this is William Lee
              > Mofield, Ola's father? (Or have I asked this before? It's been a while
              > since I searched) I know that William was supposed to have been in and
              > out of the Hospital.
              > Has anyone ever tried to get copies of Hospital records? I'm
              > wondering if they would be able to make copies for me of Willie's
              > record or would the privacy act now make it impossible.
              > Michelle

              Hi Michelle,

              I hadn't found that 1930 record--it's indexed on Ancestry as Morefiel,
              and actually looks like Morefiel with a very little curli-cue at the
              end. I just now came across this record:

              1920 Palingra, Christian Co, KY p. 5 ED 6 Western Sstate Hospital
              Mofield, Wal 44 patient married KY US US

              Here are the 1910 and 1930 records again:

              1910   Kentucky     County:  CHRISTIAN     P.O.  3-DIST
              Series:  T624     Roll:  470     Part:  2   EN 13  Page:  178B
              Moorefield, William inmate age 34 m. once KY KY KY Western KY Asylum
              for the Insane

              1930 Graves, KY District 8 EN 39 p. 6B #139/139
              Morefiel, William head 53 wd (Ancestry: Morefiel)
              Gannon, James laborer 52

            • Michelle Gonzales