Lester, s/o John Wesley & Priscilla (Priddy) MFLD

  • Patricia Moorefield Seaver
    Message 1 of 4 , May 26, 2004
      I just found this death record on Ancestry:

      Lester Bernard Moorefield b. 18 sep 1887 NC mother's maiden name:
      Preddy
      d. 3 dec 1940 Los Angeles, CA

      This fits the Lester B. Moorefield, age 12, in Wesley & Murphy Moorefield's
      Stokes Co, NC household in 1900. He married Etta Mae Idol 6 jan 1918
      Guilford, NC.

      (Priscilla Murphy Priddy; apparently went by Murphy)

      Previously, I had Lester's middle name as Boyd (from Jo Martin) and Bunyan
      (from Bill of Martinsville).

      Pat (Moorefield) Seaver
    • Diane Tames
      Message 2 of 4 , May 26, 2004
        I have listing of all James Wesley Morfield and Murphy Priscilla Priddy's
        children on a piece of stationary dated April 7, 1911. He is listed as
        Lester Bunyan Morefield born September 18, 1887. His son is Lester Boyd
        Moorefield born April 28, 1921.

        Murphy Priscilla Priddy is correct. I have a copy of her death certificate
        and she is listed as Murphy Morefield. I have a photo of her headstone and
        it says Murphy P. Moorefield.

        Etta Idol Moorefield's Obituarie in the Spartanburg Herald, Feb. 18, 1982,
        p. C8 says she is the widow of Lester B. Moorefied and the son is also
        listed as Lester B. Moorefield.

        Diane Tames
        Granddaughter of Gladys Eugenia Moorefield

        > I just found this death record on Ancestry:
        >
        > Lester Bernard Moorefield b. 18 sep 1887 NC mother's maiden name:
        > Preddy
        > d. 3 dec 1940 Los Angeles, CA
        >
        > This fits the Lester B. Moorefield, age 12, in Wesley & Murphy
        Moorefield's
        > Stokes Co, NC household in 1900. He married Etta Mae Idol 6 jan 1918
        > Guilford, NC.
        >
        > (Priscilla Murphy Priddy; apparently went by Murphy)
        >
        > Previously, I had Lester's middle name as Boyd (from Jo Martin) and
        Bunyan
        > (from Bill of Martinsville).
        >
        > Pat (Moorefield) Seaver

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Donna Coker

          > I just found this death record on Ancestry:
          >
          > Lester Bernard Moorefield b. 18 sep 1887 NC mother's maiden name:
          > Preddy
          > d. 3 dec 1940 Los Angeles, CA
          >
          > This fits the Lester B. Moorefield, age 12, in Wesley & Murphy
          Moorefield's
          > Stokes Co, NC household in 1900. He married Etta Mae Idol 6 jan 1918
          > Guilford, NC.
          >
          > (Priscilla Murphy Priddy; apparently went by Murphy)
          >
          > Previously, I had Lester's middle name as Boyd (from Jo Martin) and
          Bunyan
          > (from Bill of Martinsville).
          >
          > Pat (Moorefield) Seaver

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 18, 2006
            --- In MOREFIELDHOMEPLACE@yahoogroups.com, "Diane Tames" <dtames@...> wrote:

            > I have listing of all James Wesley Morfield and Murphy Priscilla Priddy's
            > children on a piece of stationary dated April 7, 1911. He is listed as
            > Lester Bunyan Morefield born September 18, 1887. His son is Lester Boyd
            > Moorefield born April 28, 1921.

            Does anyone know what happened to the children of Lester B. (Bernard or Bunyan) and Etta
            Mae Idol (Moorefield)? There are three children in their household in the 1930 census:
            Malonee age 11, Lester, Jr. age 8 and Bobby age 3 8/12. The census was enumerated 14
            apr 1930. Did they have any more children after 1930?

            The reason I ask is that Jo Martin has Bobby's middle initial as "S", and I have an
            unidentified Bobby S. Moorefield b. 31 aug 1926 residing in Fort Lauderdale, Broward Co,
            FL, and I wondered this Bobby S. is Lester & Etta Mae's son.

            I also have an unidentified Bobby Shaftoe and Wanda Nell (Jones) Moorefield who had a
            son Bobby Shaftoe Moorefield, Jr. b. 1954 in TX and a daughter Dollie Marie b. 1957 in TX.
            Could this Bobby Shaftoe Moorefield, Sr. be Bobby, s/o Lester & Etta Mae? I don't have a
            marriage record for Bobby Shaftoe and Wanda, just their names on the birth records.

            Lester Bernard Moorefield b. 1940 in Los Angeles. Etta Mae died 1982 in SC, apparently
            never having remarried. Was he living in CA when he died there?

            Pat Seaver