Re: [MOREFIELDHOMEPLACE] I am pleased to join this group.

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2004
      Hi William,

      Welcome to our group! Would you post what you know about your
      grandparents and great-grandparents? I know of at least three
      different groups of MFLDs who went to MO fairly early--different
      groups, in that we don't know how they might be related to each other.
      First, Eli(as) Morefield, s/o William Morefield of Surry, NC, Ashe, NC
      and Knox, TN migrated from TN to MO before 1850. As far as I know, he
      had daughters, but no sons. The next group was from the families of
      Johnson and Julius Mofield; they were there by 1870. They are
      definitely connected to the Halifax, VA MFLDs, although we haven't
      figured out who their parents were. They migrated from VA to TN to IL
      to MO. The last group was from Spurgeon Morefield's family. Spurgeon
      was from NC and migrated to IN to IL, and some of his children then
      settled in MO in the 1860s or 1870s.

      Pat (Moorefield) Seaver

      On Wednesday, December 31, 2003, at 06:24 PM, Bill wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I am pleased to join this group.
      > My name is William Weston Morefield.
      > I was born in St. Louis, MO and live near there now.
      > I hope to add some information about the Morefield name
      > as I gather it and organize it from my family tree.
      >
      > I have found the information contained within this group's
      > posted messages to be very interesting.
      >
      > I wish all of you a Happy New Year, and hope to make some
      > acquaintances during the new year.
      >
      > Sincerely,
      > William W. Morefield

      <image.tiff>

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > �
      > �

    • s73337a
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2004
        --- In MOREFIELDHOMEPLACE@yahoogroups.com, "Bill" <Imbill4u@a...> wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I am pleased to join this group.
        > My name is William Weston Morefield.
        > I was born in St. Louis, MO and live near there now.
        > I hope to add some information about the Morefield name
        > as I gather it and organize it from my family tree.
        >
        > I have found the information contained within this group's
        > posted messages to be very interesting.
        >
        > I wish all of you a Happy New Year, and hope to make some
        > acquaintances during the new year.
        >
        > Sincerely,
        > William W. Morefield

        Bill, this is Bill Moorefield in Martinsville, Va. Just want to
        welcome you to the group and we all really look forward to getting to
        know you. I guess you know there is also Bill in Knoxville, and I know
        of three other Bills who are not members. Perhaps us Bills should have
        our own website. We make no distinction here between those in our
        family who make do with only one "o", and those of us who feel the
        need for a double serving. Anyway, thanks for joining and post away;
        any information you can add will be greatly appreciated, and we'll
        gladly help you trace your roots any way we can. Cousin Bill Moorefield
      • Bill
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2004
          Thank you for the welcome. I am trying to format the information I
          have about my branch of the family in a way that all will understand.
          I have been reviewing previous posts from Robert Morefield, and I am
          trying to structure my list in a similar fashion. Thanks.

          Bill Morefield ( St. Louis )

          --- In MOREFIELDHOMEPLACE@yahoogroups.com, "s73337a" <s73337a@y...>

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 2, 2004
            Hello,

            As I just mentioned in my last reply to Bill in Martinsville, I am
            preparing at this time a list to post here shortly, of what I know
            about my family branch. I hope to do some research at the the St.
            Louis City Hall, and find out more. Thanks for the welcome too.

            Bill Morefield ( St. Louis )

            --- In MOREFIELDHOMEPLACE@yahoogroups.com, Patricia Seaver
            <pseaver@c...> wrote:
            > Hi William,
            >
            > Welcome to our group! Would you post what you know about your
            > grandparents and great-grandparents? I know of at least three
            > different groups of MFLDs who went to MO fairly early--different
            > groups, in that we don't know how they might be related to each
            other.
            > First, Eli(as) Morefield, s/o William Morefield of Surry, NC, Ashe,
            NC
            > and Knox, TN migrated from TN to MO before 1850. As far as I know,
            he
            > had daughters, but no sons. The next group was from the families
            of
            > Johnson and Julius Mofield; they were there by 1870. They are
            > definitely connected to the Halifax, VA MFLDs, although we haven't
            > figured out who their parents were. They migrated from VA to TN to
            IL
            > to MO. The last group was from Spurgeon Morefield's family.
            Spurgeon
            > was from NC and migrated to IN to IL, and some of his children then
            > settled in MO in the 1860s or 1870s.
            >
            > Pat (Moorefield) Seaver
            >
            > On Wednesday, December 31, 2003, at 06:24 PM, Bill wrote:
            >
            > > Hello,
            > >
            > > I am pleased to join this group.
            > > My name is William Weston Morefield.
            > > I was born in St. Louis, MO and live near there now.
            > > I hope to add some information about the Morefield name
            > > as I gather it and organize it from my family tree.
            > >
            > > I have found the information contained within this group's
            > > posted messages to be very interesting.
            > >
            > > I wish all of you a Happy New Year, and hope to make some
            > > acquaintances during the new year.
            > >
            > > Sincerely,
            > > William W. Morefield

            > <image.tiff>
            > >
            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            > > • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
            Service.