Baby Andrew

  • Jennifer Whitney
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2009

      Dear MOPS friends,

      I miss my MOPS moms! Hope you are enjoying the holiday season. Just wanted to pass along a big prayer request for my family.

      Andrew David Whitney was born November 17th at 3:13 a.m. To our surprise, he weighed only 5 lb., 7 oz. because of an undetected placental issue. He spent the next six days in the special care nursery for blood glucose issues and periodic bradycardia episodes. I can't describe the joy we felt when Andrew came home and met his big brother, Matthew, and our family was together for the first time!

      During his hospital stay, it was discovered that Andrew has a medium-sized hole in his heart, called VBS, that could require open-heart surgery in the next 6-9 months. After his release, our pediatrician noticed a possible physical marker for mild spina bifida and ordered an ultrasound for further investigation.

      We believe that God is able and willing to heal Andrew completely. We hope you will take some time to agree with us in prayer that the Holy Spirit touch Andrew's body and make him healthy and whole.

      We're asking our Heavenly Father

      *to rapidly and completely close the hole in Andrew's heart so that he does not require surgery

      *to prevent Andrew from developing congestive heart failure while the hole is closing

      *that ultrasound will reveal that Andrew does not have spina bifida or any spinal or nerve issues

      *to enable Andrew to gain weight at an appropriate pace

      *to keep our family healthy and free of disease during this flu season (especially our toddler Matthew)

      Please feel free to forward this message on. THANK YOU!

      Blessings,

      Jennifer and the Whitney familyl

      Matthew 18:19-20 “Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

      Mark 11:23-24
"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, `Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.”

      Hebrews 11:6 “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.”

      1 Peter 2:24 ”He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.”