Toy Drive

  • Michael & Leah Bowman
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 22, 2008
      Hey MOPS Mommies!
      I wanted to let you know about something that is going on, and see if you would like to help out!

      I work part-time at With Love From Jesus Ministries, one of the MINA recipients!  Each year at Christmas we have a Jesus Shop.  Each parent who shops the first two weeks of December will receive a ticket to shop in the Jesus Shop.  We stock the shop with new toys and clothing for them to choose from to do their Christmas shopping for their children.  We help them bag up their treasures in dark colored bags so that the children who are with them can't see what is in the bags.  This way when they unwrap their gifts on Christmas, all they know is that Mommy and Daddy gave them the surprises, not that they came from WLFJ!  This is a HUGE blessing to the needy community who struggle to just feed their children and who wouldn't have a Christmas otherwise.

      This time of year we usually see the number of shopper increase, but this year with the economy in it's current situation, we are seeing the number of struggling families go through the roof!  We are already seeing as many as 900 families each week, and December isn't even here yet!  Plus due to a change in restrictions, we are not going to be able to receive toys from Toys for Tots this year, which has been our biggest supplier the last few years.

      So, as a Mom who knows what it's like to struggle to make ends meet, I am seeing what I can do to help stock the Jesus Shop to it's fullest!!!  If you are able, I would love your help!  While you are out Christmas shopping over the next couple of weeks, will you pick up an extra toy or two?  If you find a great deal on a toy that you know will make your child excited, can you get two to make another child smile?  If you can't help out financially, can you just pray for WLFJ as we minister to these families.  This is an amazing time of year, and meeting these simple physical needs gives us such an opportunity to share the Love of the Heavenly Father with people who need Him so badly.

      Thank you so much!  And thank you for being such a blessing to me over the last couple of years!

      God Bless,

      Leah

      Get more done, have more fun, and stay more connected with Windows Mobile®. See how.
    • Amy Youngquist
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2008
        leah:

        thanks for sending this out. my small group is having its christmas party on saturday. as a couple kids have been wondering why there isn't a birthday party for jesus, we decided to have one. the kids are all going to bring a gift and we would love to donate them them to wlfj. we attend the 9:30 service and could meet between services on sunday the 7th or i would be happy to drop them by your house. let me know

        amy youngquist
        851-8693

        To: mopsathope@yahoogroups.com
        From: michaelandleah83@...
        Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 09:27:18 -0500
        Subject: [MOPSatHope] Toy Drive

[...]

        Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills. Get your Hotmail® account.