Camp buddies

  • Cindilee Thorne
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2008
      Hello HOPE friends,

      I need to tell you about the Camp Buddies ministry at HOPE.  because I know you will want to be involved.  There are 2 ways to be involved.

      First,  what is "Camp Buddies"....

      Camp Buddies
      Pick Up Tags: April 12/13, 19/20

      Drop Off Items: April 26/27

      Here's a great opportunity to help provide camp supplies to children in need in our community (Wake County).  During the weekends of April 12/13 and 19/20 tags with a child's name, gender, age and list of supplies will be available to pick up at the ministry counters. Simply choose a tag(s), purchase the needed materials, and return them before or after any service the weekend of April 26/27. If you have any questions, contact Dena Haugley at dhaugley@... or 545.0042.

      The Buddies Table is run 3 times a year,  Right now we do Summer Camp supplies,  in the summer the table will have tags for School Supplies/Backpacks, and then in the Fall we have the "Boot Buddies" where we supply hats, gloves and shoes for kids in need.

      this is a great ministry and you can participate by...

      1) Picking up tag(s) and purchasing supplies for kids. You can get your kids involved in the shopping/giving thing

      2)  you can volunteer to work the counter at church handing out tags and collecting goodies from folks,  We need people to help out before and after services, Especially if you attend Saturday Nights.  If you are interested in Counter work over the next 3 weekends (or in the future), please contact Dena, her information is above.  She is always looking for willing souls and kindred spirits to help her in the Ministry.

      Thanks for serving the kids. Thanks for listening,

      Cindilee Thorne