Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Fw: Dangers of children ingesting hand sanitizer

Expand Messages
  • Kim Hill
    Hi everyone, Although hand sanitizer is great at preventing the spread of germs, it can be very dangerous if it is ingested. I checked this out with
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2007
    • 0 Attachment

      Hi everyone,

      Although hand sanitizer is great at preventing the spread of germs, it can be very dangerous if it is ingested.  I checked this out with snopes.com and it's true...


       -------------- Forwarded Message: --------------

      From: <buelterman@...>
      To: <aliciamh9@...>,<buelterman@...>,<denisemora2003@...>,<evadersen@...>,<erinsheldon@...>,<Tybee303@...>,<dhanak@...>,<merz984@...>,<jcannady@...>,<Jennifer.L.Buelterman@...>,<jennifer.giffen@...>,<pohovey@...>,<shoejo98@...>,<hole2323@...>,<lhanak@...>,<tenoever@...>,<lnlgd@...>,,<frenchfitness@...>,<tammy.smith@...>,<lighthouseinn@...>
      Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 12:42:38 +0000

      FYI- Got this from a friend....DON'T let kids use HAND SANITIZER...

      Yesterday, My youngest daughter Halle wh o is 4, was

      rushed to the emergancy room by her father for being severely lethargic
      and incoherent. He was called to her school by the school secretary for being
      "very VERY sick." He told me that when he arrived that Halle was barely sitting
      in the chair. She couldn't hold her own head up and when he looked into her
      eyes, she couldn't focus them.

      He immediately called me after he scooped her up and rushed her to the
      ER When we got there, they ran blood test after blood test and did x-rays,
      every test imaginable. Her white blood cell count was normal, nothing was out
      of the ordinary. The ER doctor told us that he had done everything that he
      could do so he was sending her to Saint Francis for further test.

      Right when we were leaving in the ambulance, her teacher had come to
      the ER and after questioning Halle's classmates, we found out that she had
      licked hand sanitizer off her hand. Hand sanitizer, of all things. But it
      makes sense. These days they have all kinds of differents scents and when you
      have a curious child, they are going to put all kinds of things in their mouths.

      When we arrived at Saint Francis, we told the ER doctor there to check
      her blood alcohol level, which, yes we did get weird looks from it but they did
      it. The results were her blood alcohol level was 85% and this was 6 hours after
      we first took her. Theres no telling what it would have been if we would have
      tested it at

      the first ER.

      Since then, her school and a few surrounding schools have taken this out
      of the classrooms of all the lower grade classes but whats to stop middle and
      high schoolers too? After doing research off the internet, we have found out
      that it only takes 3 squirts of the stuff to be fatal in a toddler. For her
      blood alcohol level to be so high was to compare someone her size to drinking
      something 120 proof. So please PLEASE don't disregard this because I don't ever
      want anyone to go thru what my family and I have gone thru. Today was a little
      better but not much. Please send this to everyone you know that has children or
      are having children. It doesn't matter what age. I just want people to know
      the dangers of this.

      Don’t miss your chance to WIN $10,000 and other great prizes from Microsoft Office Live

      Grace and spiritual blessing be to you and soul peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah) - Galatians 1:3

      Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.

    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.