Prayer Request

  • Janel Bunten
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2007
      Friends I am coming to you with an important prayer request.  A few years my grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer.  Being the strong faithful person she is she fought it and won!  She didn't ever tell us.  That is how strong she is.  She lives here local. She has been on many outings with Hope and is a very devoted christian.  Everyday she is serving GOD either in Haiti, interfatith, care group, or the durham helping hands mission. She helped raise me when my mom had me at 16.  She is my mother figure.  She just got back the other day from Haiti feeling sick. She went to the doctors and they found her breast cancer returned.  It is not the same breast cancer.  It is a new form they are still unfamiliar with.  Survival rate is slim to none.  Since it is a returning cancer it is progressing at a rapid rate.  She is going to have a very hard next 3 months.  They will do a bone scan next week and genetic testing. Yes, genetic testing. Breast Cancer can be passed generations no matter how healthy you are.  She is the healthiest person I know. At the end of February they will perform surgery. We need your prayers that GOD will send us a miracle. If she doesn't make it, I will continue to need your prayers and support!When ever I am feeling down she is always there for me saying " This too shall pass" "Thank God for everday and only take one day at a time!" Thankyou for your prayers, Shauna Dawley