Pull Ups & Potty Training at Night Time

  • Caper Lauver
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2010
      Hello Ladies & Happy New Year!

      Our daughter will be 4 in March. She's been potty trained during the day for quite some time, but we've let her keep a pull up on at bed time. We started trying to have her go without a pull up this week. Night one was no accidents. Night two was two accidents. Night three was two accidents. We're cutting liquids off at dinner time, having her go potty before bed time at 8, and waking her up around 11 or 12 to go potty as well.  Last night we threw in the towel and had her wear a pull up at bed time. Does anybody have any suggestions?

      Caper
    • Christina Hoadley
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 31, 2010
        We had the same exact problem with both my girls.  We did the same exact things as you did, but decided to not worry about it until Kindergarten - just stuck with the same potty times/routines at night w/ pullups and both girls stopped at/by 4 1/2 years.  One bummer was that my older girl started having night terrors when she did start to get up to go to the bathroom.  Some kids are just very hard sleepers.  My guess would be that your daughter is a very good sleeper and has slept solid thru the night a long time?

        Hope life is going well!  We are doing well.  Ken is working long hours, but we are thankful he has a job!

        Christina
        Our daughter will be 4 in March. She's been potty trained during the day for quite some time, but we've let her keep a pull up on at bed time. We started trying to have her go without a pull up this week. Night one was no accidents. Night two was two accidents. Night three was two accidents. We're cutting liquids off at dinner time, having her go potty before bed time at 8, and waking her up around 11 or 12 to go potty as well.  Last night we threw in the towel and had her wear a pull up at bed time. Does anybody have any suggestions?

        Caper

      • Laurie
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2011
          It's normal for kids to be trained in the day before the night. It's a neurological process that is individualized between kids. I would totally not worry about it. She will stay dry at night when her brain and body are ready.

          Laurie